Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I have the following flights booked under 3 different PNRs:

PNR1:
3 Jan SQ863 Suites HKG-SIN
8 Jan SQ211 F SIN-SYD

PNR2:
4 Jan SQ938 J SIN-DPS

PNR3:
7 Jan SQ949 J DPS-SIN

Questions:
- Can luggages be checked through from HKG-DPS all the way? Likewise for DPS-SIN-SYD?
- For arrival of HKG-SIN flight at SIN, can I have access to TPR for dinner?
- For day of departure of SQ938 SIN-DPS, can I have access to TPR (based on SQ863 boarding pass previous day)?
- For arrival of SQ949 DPS-SIN, can I have immediate access to TPR? Does it open 24 hours? Also am I better off booking Ambassador or Aerotel for sleeping for 6 hours?

Thank you!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
- Can luggages be checked through from HKG-DPS all the way? Likewise for DPS-SIN-SYD?
It should be no problem (after all, SQ allows check in 48h before flight in SIN).
Yes, unpublished arrivals access.
- For day of departure of SQ938 SIN-DPS, can I have access to TPR (based on SQ863 boarding pass previous day)?
Not sure ... but I'd probably wager no.
- For arrival of SQ949 DPS-SIN, can I have immediate access to TPR? Does it open 24 hours? Also am I better off booking Ambassador or Aerotel for sleeping for 6 hours?
Yes you have access based on departing F to SYD, but TPR doesn't have sleeping beds (only sofas/chairs) and closes for 4-5 hours overnight.
kamchatsky likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes.

No. Access is only for same day departure on SQ F or same day arrival on SQ F.

- For arrival of SQ949 DPS-SIN, can I have immediate access to TPR?
Yes if it is still open at the time of arrival (I haven't checked). TPR closes after the middle of the night departures until about 5 or 6am. You can access SQ F lounge, which is open 24 hours.

Does it open 24 hours?
No - see above.

Also am I better off booking Ambassador or Aerotel for sleeping for 6 hours?
The lounge does not have beds or sleep rooms. If you want a bed or a quiet dark place then you'll need to book a hotel room. SIN has transit hotels both airside and landside, and the Crowne Plaza is a;sp right next to T3 (accessed from inside the terminal).
kamchatsky likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes you do! Access is granted by way of inbound boarding pass. Onward flight in business class doesn't matter.
Many thanks for the reply. Just to follow up, am I likely to be able to re-enter the SIN T3 Private Room on the same day (by virtue of the same inbound boarding pass)? My intention is to use the lounge upon landing (from DXB, arrive 07:15) for a shower and breakfast and then head into the city for the day. I then plan to come back in good time for SQ221 (to SYD, departing 20:00). Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer

No. Access is only for same day departure on SQ F or same day arrival on SQ F.
Shame, I thought that I could use it given that it is a transit at SIN (6pm - 8am next day) ....
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:06 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Many thanks for the reply. Just to follow up, am I likely to be able to re-enter the SIN T3 Private Room on the same day (by virtue of the same inbound boarding pass)? My intention is to use the lounge upon landing (from DXB, arrive 07:15) for a shower and breakfast and then head into the city for the day. I then plan to come back in good time for SQ221 (to SYD, departing 20:00). Thanks in advance for any replies.
Yes you are able to do this.
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:07 pm

My flight to Singapore and then to Mumbai is in 4 days and I am travelling in F. I have not received any invitation for Private Room. Can I still access it?

Thanks...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:11 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arav_m
My flight to Singapore and then to Mumbai is in 4 days and I am travelling in F. I have not received any invitation for Private Room. Can I still access it?

Thanks...
You receive the invitation when you check in.
arav_m likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by arav_m

Thanks...
And if your departure airport doesn't have any invitations, or doesn't issue you with one, you don't need it. Just show your boarding pass at the lounge entrance and they'll show you the way.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by WLG Base
You receive the invitation when you check in.
Boarding pass for ex-SIN will also include a statement invited to the TPR.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:29 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
2 Possible Scenarios

Ok so I currently have 2 possible scenarios.

Scenario 1: JFK-SIN in Suites arriving 12/15 7am. Departing on SilkAir J separate ticket to HYD on 12/15 (Same day) at 10pm. Will I have access on arrival at SIN before going into city? And then will I have access that evening when I return to the airport before my silk air flight?

Scenario 2: JFK-SIN in Suites arriving 12/15 7am. Departing on MH in J separate ticket to KUL on 12/15 (same day) at noon. Will I have access on arrival at SIN, since as far as SQ goes I am an arriving pax?

Also, does SQ interline to MH? Would they be able to tag my bags all the way to KUL at JFK?

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yes on arrival for both scenarios.

On separate tickets I would not expect bags to be through tagged.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If I have the following booked will we be able to access TPR?

Ticket #1 :
JFK - FRA - SIN (Suites)

Ticket #2 :
SIN - DPS (SQ Y award)

Booked as two separate tickets with the arrival into SIN and departure from SIN on the same day.

When I initially booked and had SIN - DPS added in J at the end they tried to charge me an extra 20k/person (maybe this was wrong and I should call back and ask - looking at the chart it seems like it should have been the same 120k for either JFK - FRA - SIN - DPS or JFK - FRA - SIN)?

Regardless for the 2.5 hour flight wasn't worth the extra 20k/person vs. just paying 15k for the Y ticket.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Duke787
If I have the following booked will we be able to access TPR?

Ticket #1 :
JFK - FRA - SIN (Suites)

Ticket #2 :
SIN - DPS (SQ Y award)

Booked as two separate tickets with the arrival into SIN and departure from SIN on the same day.

When I initially booked and had SIN - DPS added in J at the end they tried to charge me an extra 20k/person (maybe this was wrong and I should call back and ask - looking at the chart it seems like it should have been the same 120k for either JFK - FRA - SIN - DPS or JFK - FRA - SIN)?

Regardless for the 2.5 hour flight wasn't worth the extra 20k/person vs. just paying 15k for the Y ticket.
Yes. You will have access by virtue of arriving in SQ F. Just show your inbound boarding pass.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by S.R

Also, does SQ interline to MH? Would they be able to tag my bags all the way to KUL at JFK?

Thanks!
SQ can interline with MH if needed on separate tickets, just depends on the check-in agent. I have done MAA-SIN-KUL-NRT before. You'll need to get your boarding pass in SIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.