Community
Wiki Posts
Search

77WN now flying to...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:56 pm

Reading through this thread and trying to make a last minute decision on whether or not to move my current SQ2 flight home. It sounds like SQ2 & SQ16 are the two flights that feature the new business class SIN>SFO correct? Are either of them more likely than the other to have an equipment swap? Sorry for the dumb questions but this is my first chance to fly long-haul in a premium cabin
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by ericande
Reading through this thread and trying to make a last minute decision on whether or not to move my current SQ2 flight home. It sounds like SQ2 & SQ16 are the two flights that feature the new business class SIN>SFO correct? Are either of them more likely than the other to have an equipment swap? Sorry for the dumb questions but this is my first chance to fly long-haul in a premium cabin
Neither flight is prone to equipment swaps. SQ16 has not had any substitutions since changing to a 77WR; SQ2 has had only 4 substitutions since changing to a 77WN in April 2015.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:10 pm

My original MXP-SIN flight on 5 Dec was rescheduled to a new route SQ377 BCN-MXP-SIN. Is there any way to check if this route will be using the 777s with the new J seats?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:06 am

Hello All,

Wife is flying J on the SQ1 SFO-HKG-SIN on 08/18 at 01:15 hrs. I've been trying to read many pages and I am still not quite sure if this aircraft has the new business class product. If someone could pls confirm, it would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by nanz236
Hello All,

Wife is flying J on the SQ1 SFO-HKG-SIN on 08/18 at 01:15 hrs. I've been trying to read many pages and I am still not quite sure if this aircraft has the new business class product. If someone could pls confirm, it would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.
Confirmed. SQ1 is operating with the new (2013) business class product.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
hello, apologies if this is posted elsewhere. I have some additional SQ F flights this December round-trip HKG-SFO. The seat map shows 8 F seats, which I'm familiar with in the past. It has been the "77WN" config.

I also understand there is a 4-seat F version flying now, 77WR...is there any possibility SFO-HKG (SQ1/2) changes into this version? This smaller 4-seat F cabin sounds spectacular. I believe soon-to-be-discontinued SFO-ICN-SIN already has the 77WR, but my flight shows what I think is 77WN.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone comment on how frequently SQ swaps out the the old config on SIN-HKG-SFO? I am hoping we get the new config on this route- but it sounds like there is always a possibility of a surprise.

How many non reconfigured 77W's are still out there? Isn't the reconfig project supposed to be complete this year?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by globetraveler
Can anyone comment on how frequently SQ swaps out the the old config on SIN-HKG-SFO? I am hoping we get the new config on this route- but it sounds like there is always a possibility of a surprise.
You will get the newer product (2013 J).

Looking back 60 days, I cannot find a single instance of equipment swap to a 2006 J 77W. And, anecdotally, I cannot recall anyone on here or sqtalk saying that they had seen the old seats on this route in quite some time.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Vivianuccia
SQ informs me that SQ218, 228, and 238 MEL-SIN will all be new J class hard product by June, though whether on WN or WR they did not say. In addition they are advertising new J ex-MEL on "selected" flights, which apparently means all 777-300ER services. The A330 is not long for this market. Works for me.
Hi,

considering this report http://www.rewardflying.com/report-b...business-class, which regards flight in old J in late August 2016, there seems to be big delay in introduction of new J on this route, doesn't it?
I'm on SQ237 SIN-MEL on the 1st of November. How big are my chances to fly in new J?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi,

considering this report http://www.rewardflying.com/report-b...business-class, which regards flight in old J in late August 2016, there seems to be big delay in introduction of new J on this route, doesn't it?
I'm on SQ237 SIN-MEL on the 1st of November. How big are my chances to fly in new J?
The 77W refit programme has all but stalled, so it's a bit hard to say. And the SIN-MEL and v.v. routes keep having their planes changed, despite what SQ has advertised in the past. At the moment you are even getting the old 773 (the non-ER version) on SQ237 on some days of the week, but this is supposed to go back to full 77W operation by November. Which version of the 77W would be anybody's guess, but from the flight history it appears to be the one with the old J. As far as I know, if you want the new J, the flight that features it most consistently would be SQ227.

Last edited by cowie; Oct 9, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by crazycrab955
You will get the newer product (2013 J).

Looking back 60 days, I cannot find a single instance of equipment swap to a 2006 J 77W. And, anecdotally, I cannot recall anyone on here or sqtalk saying that they had seen the old seats on this route in quite some time.
SQ2 - 08 and SQ1 - 09 were performed by 9V-SWR, a "2006" 77W. That's the fifth sub from the normal 77WN in 19 months: two between April 2015 and year's end, and three this year; first one since March.

When these rare substitutions do occur, it's the result of a) one 77WN being out for maintenance (in this case 9V-SWV); and b) the alternate turn with a 77WN -- SQ 319 from London -- running too late for the aircraft to protect an on time SQ2 departure.

That's what happened here.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by cowie
The 77W refit programme has all but stalled, so it's a bit hard to say.
Really? Any reasons for the delay?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by SQ319
Really? Any reasons for the delay?
There's more on this on the SQTalk forums. Check out the "SQ Fleet" thread. In the past six months give or take, only 9V-SWA has been refitted. SWB is still out of action from the fire. The cabin refit programme was supposed to be finished sometime this year, but there are still 11 frames to go.

It's likely to be due to the lukewarm response to PEY.

Last edited by cowie; Oct 9, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by cowie
At the moment you are even getting the old 773 (the non-ER version) on SQ237 on some days of the week...
I've just checked out history of SQ237 and I'm so disappointed to find out that such long flight happens to be operated by machine with regional J (for example, the flight on 9th of October was operated by 9V-SYI), so without flat bed .
It would be disaster for me! I was so happy when I managed to redeem my miles for award flight in long haul SQ J class. If my flight really turns out to be in non flat bad configuration, I'll be sooooo sad...
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:25 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by tropikey
I've just checked out history of SQ237 and I'm so disappointed to find out that such long flight happens to be operated by machine with regional J (for example, the flight on 9th of October was operated by 9V-SYI), so without flat bed .
It would be disaster for me! I was so happy when I managed to redeem my miles for award flight in long haul SQ J class. If my flight really turns out to be in non flat bad configuration, I'll be sooooo sad...
Not that it is any consolation but SQ291 is an even longer flight (SIN-CBR-WLG) without lie flat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.