Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
You would need VTP and on-arrival test and place to quarantine before result is out.

I doubt you can do landside on layover.
Ahh. Yes, more complex than I had imagined. Looks like we will be doing a shorter layover and staying airside, hopefully not in a holding pen. It will make for an interesting journey...and of course things are likely to change by then as well!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Is there any knowledge of how SQ is (or historically have) handled connections on separate tickets?

I'm looking at booking SIN-HKT-SIN and transferring directly to SIN-LAX on the return on a separate ticket.

Will SQ check me through? and is it possible with the covid rules?

I'm a little hazy on the SQ awards, would it be better to buy SIN-HKT and do a redemption HKT-SIN-LAX (would it be the same amount of miles?), and can a VTL award be combined like that?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by aceman
Is there any knowledge of how SQ is (or historically have) handled connections on separate tickets?

I'm looking at booking SIN-HKT-SIN and transferring directly to SIN-LAX on the return on a separate ticket.

Will SQ check me through? and is it possible with the covid rules?

I'm a little hazy on the SQ awards, would it be better to buy SIN-HKT and do a redemption HKT-SIN-LAX (would it be the same amount of miles?), and can a VTL award be combined like that?
usually pre-covid, SQ will check through even on separate SQ tickets. No problem with transit.

but right now with covid, not sure about the situation as Changi mention one ticket/Booking for transit. There are many who have asked but no one have confirm they are able to do so.

because SIN have restrictions in entry. So airlines need to ensure all paxes on transit are actually doing transit. And usually at outport, the check in staff are usually contractors staff. So they might not want to break the rule.

you should be able to book SIN-HKT in cash and HKT-SIN-LAX in miles.

HKT-LAX cost the same miles as SIN-LAX. (And taxes is lower).

there is no VTL flight from HKT now and SIN-LAX is not VTL also. So no issue
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
usually pre-covid, SQ will check through even on separate SQ tickets. No problem with transit.

but right now with covid, not sure about the situation as Changi mention one ticket/Booking for transit. There are many who have asked but no one have confirm they are able to do so.

because SIN have restrictions in entry. So airlines need to ensure all paxes on transit are actually doing transit. And usually at outport, the check in staff are usually contractors staff. So they might not want to break the rule.

you should be able to book SIN-HKT in cash and HKT-SIN-LAX in miles.

HKT-LAX cost the same miles as SIN-LAX. (And taxes is lower).

there is no VTL flight from HKT now and SIN-LAX is not VTL also. So no issue

Many thanks!

I'm guessing actually that I wont need a VTL flight anyway if I'm just doing transit!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:01 pm

I have a CMB-SIN-SFO flight booked on SQ with miles, but will be starting my journey from MLE, so I'll be buying a separate ticket for MLE-CMB on another carrier (likely EK). I've never been to CMB - will I need to check-in for my CMB-SIN flight landslide (it seems like maybe there's entry for up to 12 hours of transit permitted but info is scarce)? Or could I find the SQ counter at MLE and get them to check me in so I have my boarding pass in hand? I'm assuming I won't be able to check-in online, but the of course would be ideal.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:17 am

Has anybody been able to get through to the US call center? Have spent about six hours cumulatively on hold without reaching anyone
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:37 am

I'm stumped.

Ultimately, I've decided to change my award ticket to March, and to change the destination from IAH to JFK, to try out the A380. I have now three times changed the flight on the site. I get a confirmation on screen, but the confirmation email has the old flight! This has happened 3 times in a row. 'Manage my booking' also shows the old flight.

Is this a momentary quick? I hope I can fix this before this award availability goes away!

Thanks to all, once again.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by danielm
I'm stumped.

Ultimately, I've decided to change my award ticket to March, and to change the destination from IAH to JFK, to try out the A380. I have now three times changed the flight on the site. I get a confirmation on screen, but the confirmation email has the old flight! This has happened 3 times in a row. 'Manage my booking' also shows the old flight.

Is this a momentary quick? I hope I can fix this before this award availability goes away!

Thanks to all, once again.
Changing tickets on the site is funky. Call them ASAP.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Changing tickets on the site is funky. Call them ASAP.
Okay, glad to know! I just called the number, and suddenly, an email arrived with the new, correct booking. I'm not sure if that's someone reading my email and fixing it, or it just took time. It's fixed now.

Edit: I wrote an email to them and they apparently fixed it based on that email, which is nice.

Last edited by danielm; Dec 21, 2021 at 2:14 am
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: free agent
Is it better to call Krisflyer's Singapore # during their business hours? Need to make changes to my award booking, and I couldn't reach KF Singapore #, been on hold for long time.

or just call SQ's singapore general # ? Not sure if they can handle award bookings.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I have an SQ oneway Award SGN-SIN-IST in June and plans have already changed. Now SQ cancelled the first leg und rebooked me on the afternoon flight to SIN four hours earlier. So I took the Chance and tried to cancel online but the 75USD fee was shown so I gave them a call and they told me that I have to pay the fee in case of cancellation by myself?!? My thoughts are bcs of the invol I can cancel for free?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove
I have an SQ oneway Award SGN-SIN-IST in June and plans have already changed. Now SQ cancelled the first leg und rebooked me on the afternoon flight to SIN four hours earlier. So I took the Chance and tried to cancel online but the 75USD fee was shown so I gave them a call and they told me that I have to pay the fee in case of cancellation by myself?!? My thoughts are bcs of the invol I can cancel for free?

Did you accepted the changes online ? If you have accepted then you can’t cancel for free.

else pls call again or use the online form to ask for free cancellation.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Did you accepted the changes online ? If you have accepted then you can’t cancel for free.
else pls call again or use the online form to ask for free cancellation.
Yes the funny thing is that the online cancel button is grey until you accept the changes. I‘ve wrote the costumer service….let‘s see…
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: free agent
Is it common for SQ to redeposit miles from cancelled award booking quickly into account but it’s not fully processed?

I cancelled one trip to Singapore & Thailand and was trying to use miles to book to Frankfurt but it won’t let me book. I assume SQ haven’t fully processed cancelled booking yet..
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:48 am

I unfortunately had to cancel our Saver fare flights to New York booked with miles last Saturday due to an illness.
I couldn't do it through the app so I did it through the website. Shortly after, the flights disappeared from my app and I received an email confirmation. A so-called "refund request acknowledgement".
How long does it take to get the miles back? The hotline in Germany couldn't really help and referred me to the hotline in Singapore, but you can't get through there at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.