Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: United, AA, BA, AF
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
Does this same philosophy apply for booking confirmed Saver in J/Business, and then waitlisting for F? You would just cancel the J and get ticketed on the F?

In that scenario would your account need to have enough points to cover both?
You would not. Miles are not deducted from your account when you waitlist, only when you confirm. However, you need to make sure that you'll have enough once the confirmed saver J miles go back into your account when you change. For example, on my trip (FRA->JFK) Saver J is 65k, saver F is 76k (waitlist). If that waitlist clears, I'll get my 65k back, but will still be 11k short. I either need to plan ahead and have that 11k difference sitting in my account, or talk to an agent and have them hold it for me while I transfer from Chase/Amex/whoever. Just be wary those aren't always instant (in my experience Chase is within a few hours, Amex took 3-4 days).
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:36 am
HPC

[deleted - found answer upthread]

Last edited by HPC; Nov 29, 2018 at 3:54 am
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Thanks Donut. Will dive in to trip planning again soon.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by GlasedDonut
You would not. Miles are not deducted from your account when you waitlist, only when you confirm. However, you need to make sure that you'll have enough once the confirmed saver J miles go back into your account when you change. For example, on my trip (FRA->JFK) Saver J is 65k, saver F is 76k (waitlist). If that waitlist clears, I'll get my 65k back, but will still be 11k short. I either need to plan ahead and have that 11k difference sitting in my account, or talk to an agent and have them hold it for me while I transfer from Chase/Amex/whoever. Just be wary those aren't always instant (in my experience Chase is within a few hours, Amex took 3-4 days).
This is odd because when I've tried to waitlist without the miles in my account I get an error message saying I don't have enough miles in my account. This has happened to me multiple times!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by estnet
This is odd because when I've tried to waitlist without the miles in my account I get an error message saying I don't have enough miles in my account. This has happened to me multiple times!
If you don't have enough miles in your account you need to call-in to waitlist yourself. I've done this a few times.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by estnet
The points aren't deducted when you waitlist but you do have to have them in your account. However, you can waitlist and then use the points for something else without forfeiting the waitlisted journey. (If the waitlist clears you have to be quick about transferring points or cancelling another award booking.)
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: United, AA, BA, AF
Does having a confirmed ticket help with waitlist?

Hi again all! So I've been debating on how to get two seats in F after being able to waitlist only 1 from FRA-JFK. I decided that with my points stash, I'd be ok paying for one standard award and one saver award (206k total). There is a standard award available (no waitlist) on the date I want, same as my waitlist....if I book this for passenger 2, does this increase my chances of getting off the waitlist with the other booking? Anyone have any experience with this? IveI heard the SQ agents are very helpful and it's the return leg of my honeymoon!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by GlasedDonut
Hi again all! So I've been debating on how to get two seats in F after being able to waitlist only 1 from FRA-JFK. I decided that with my points stash, I'd be ok paying for one standard award and one saver award (206k total). There is a standard award available (no waitlist) on the date I want, same as my waitlist....if I book this for passenger 2, does this increase my chances of getting off the waitlist with the other booking? Anyone have any experience with this? IveI heard the SQ agents are very helpful and it's the return leg of my honeymoon!
We can’t really tell whether there is higher chance. The SQ agents can help to push but it all depend on the date/sales. SQ might open up another standard award n not open up the saver award. There are many paxes who are willing to pay for standard award.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by demue
Made a reservation for SIN-FRA in Biz for early next year where SQ326 (day flight) is available and SQ26 (night flight) is waitlist. Booked both together with one showing reserved now and the other as waitlisted. Now we wait and see.
Update: The SQ26 waitlist stayed on, but the available and reserved (ready to confirm) SQ326 dropped off after 4-5 days though I received a warning about it. Kind of silly to force ticketing of the reserved flight when apparently another preferred flight is still waitlisted, but I do understand that they also don't want people hogging unconfirmed award space.

Anyways, I got rid of the waitlist and started fresh again this time reserving SQ326 SIN-FRA on a different day and waitlisting a return for both SQ25 & SQ325 FRA-SIN for saver biz award. After about 2+ weeks the SQ325 return just cleared. I got some time before this needs to be ticketed so will wait if SQ25 clears too and then decide. Not bad in this case.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi All,

I have a confirmed SYD-SIN-KUL-SIN-SYD 3 X J using award miles. Stopover in SIN for a a week on the outbound, then stop in KUL for a week. then on the inbound 7 hours transit in SIN before flying back to SYD.

I have a waitlisted for: KUL-SIN-SYD (no stopover just transit) again 3 X J. This is waitlisted for a different date like 4 days later than my confirmed ticket above. The purpose of this waitlist is to stay back in KUL a few more days.

My question is if waitlist clears before I start the trip what happens? And if waitlist clears after I finish the SYD-SIN-KUL sector what happens?

Have I done the wait list correctly? If it clears do I call up to cancel my original confirmed segment of KUL-SIN-SYD and they rebook me to the new waitlisted dates?

Thanks,
K.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
If you don't have enough miles in your account you need to call-in to waitlist yourself. I've done this a few times.
Thanks for the info. i don't want to transfer in my points just yet, as it starts the expiry count down
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hi All,

I have a confirmed SYD-SIN-KUL-SIN-SYD 3 X J using award miles. Stopover in SIN for a a week on the outbound, then stop in KUL for a week. then on the inbound 7 hours transit in SIN before flying back to SYD.

I have a waitlisted for: KUL-SIN-SYD (no stopover just transit) again 3 X J. This is waitlisted for a different date like 4 days later than my confirmed ticket above. The purpose of this waitlist is to stay back in KUL a few more days.

My question is if waitlist clears before I start the trip what happens? And if waitlist clears after I finish the SYD-SIN-KUL sector what happens?

Have I done the wait list correctly? If it clears do I call up to cancel my original confirmed segment of KUL-SIN-SYD and they rebook me to the new waitlisted dates?

Thanks,
K.
Have you waitlisted under the same reservation than your confirmed roundtrip? If yes then it should be a simple change of your return segments if the waitlist clears. If you waitlisted the new return flights separate under a different booking (PNR) then it'll be a headache as they can't combine both bookings.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Since I've been getting conflicting information: When having a confirmed business class award, is it possible to waitlist for First class on the same flight without having any miles in the account?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by demue
Have you waitlisted under the same reservation than your confirmed roundtrip? If yes then it should be a simple change of your return segments if the waitlist clears. If you waitlisted the new return flights separate under a different booking (PNR) then it'll be a headache as they can't combine both bookings.
hi,

it looks like separate as it has a separate booking reference? Is this correct?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
What's the general guidance for waitlisting for 2 passengers - one booking/waitlist with 2 tickets, or two separate bookings/waitlists?

I'm trying to grab MLE - SIN in February. Saver business is waitlist for one or two passengers, while economy is open for both. I plan on booking economy just to make sure we have flights to fly on, but not sure whether we're more likely to clear off the waitlist as one booking with two passengers or two bookings with a single passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.