Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tomaus
Quick update:

Email to KF contact centre in SG on Saturday.

Reponse from them Sunday saying they have sent a follow up (meaning Chaser)

SMS Today (Monday) advising upgrade is available for confirmation.

Note unlike other airlines you have to ring and confirm that you want the available upgrade.

Issue to note if you are travelling 2 segments and one has been previously upgraded, you have to ask them to recalculate the KF Miles to reflect the through amount and not the higher combination of 2 segments.

They may have to refer this to a supervisor but you should prompt them.

I'm also assuming that as nobody responded to by original post that upgrading with KF miles is not a big thing for SQ flyers - I suspect the main gain is the reward flight as a whole rather than an upgrade. This is quite a contrast to Qantas frequent flyers who seem to be perpetually chasing upgrades as Qantas release very little business and first class award inventory.
Would you mind PM'ing me the email address you sent to?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Segment: SFO - HKG for 1 passenger
Days from Flight date: About 30 days
Waitlisted on both F and J on same flight, same day.

Current load: 4/4 F unoccupied/available in seat Map
12/48 J unoccupied/available in seat map

What are my chances of either F or J opening up?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Originally Posted by ketelone
Segment: SFO - HKG for 1 passenger
Days from Flight date: About 30 days
Waitlisted on both F and J on same flight, same day.

Current load: 4/4 F unoccupied/available in seat Map
12/48 J unoccupied/available in seat map

What are my chances of either F or J opening up?
Can you see inventory on Expertflyer?

Are you trying for Saver or Standard?

I suspect Standard waitlist awards clear first then the savers.

How often are you ringing asking for a chaser? once a week seems to be good and I would recommend asking on a Friday or Saturday as it seems to me that SQ looks at its inventory for clearing waitlists at 10am Monday (note that time may be tied to UTC as it is for other airlines)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Tomaus
Can you see inventory on Expertflyer?

Are you trying for Saver or Standard?

I suspect Standard waitlist awards clear first then the savers.

How often are you ringing asking for a chaser? once a week seems to be good and I would recommend asking on a Friday or Saturday as it seems to me that SQ looks at its inventory for clearing waitlists at 10am Monday (note that time may be tied to UTC as it is for other airlines)
Hi Tomaus.
Thank you for your reply.

I was checking only seatmap on Expertflyer. Looking at flight availability, for premium cabin, I get F4 A3 Z4 C4 J4 U2

How can F be 4 and A be 3 when there is only 4 first class seats (and both F and A are first class).

I am only trying for saver. I will not pay for standard and if the waitlist does not clear (12 or so days before travel date) for either First or Biz, will try any other airline award seat or if too late, then will just pay cash for one way coach (i must travel on my travel date). Unfortunately, at this time I have not made any backup plans.

I had called for chaser a few weeks ago and when i called yesterday, the agent says they can see the chaser and recommended I call 15 days before flight.

Thank you so much for suggesting the Fri or Sat. I will definitely follow your advice and try during weekend. Will report back if it ever cleared or not.

In the past, I have done waitlist 2 times - Once for 1 passenger in F (SFO-HKG) and once for 2 passenger in F (HKG-SFO). For the first it cleared 15 days before and for the second, it cleared 5 days before. I got overconfident and didnt make any backup plans this time. bad move maybe !!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Had a FRA-JFK suite waitlist clear recently. Score!!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Just an expert flyer tip: try and keep sq out of the airline box.

this way you will see Z9C9 etc etc

if sq specified you won’t see more than 4
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:54 pm

A is a cheaper fare bucket so they may only be willing to sell 3.

F is most airlines holy grail and seats sold in F make them the most profit.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:23 am

I am trying to get to Japan from Perth (and return) via Saver Economy seats with Krisflyer redemption in late December returning early January.

I have waitlisted 4 different itineraries but I think it will be very tough given the time of year I am looking to go.

Any suggestions at all to improve my chances? Is it worthwhile to call and see if anything can be done? Maybe I should look at alternative route options and waitlist those?

So far I have the following combos:
Depart: Perth - Singapore - Tokyo Return: Hiroshima - Singapore - Perth
Depart: Perth - Singapore - Tokyo Return: Tokyo - Singapore - Perth
Depart: Perth - Singapore - Tokyo Return: Fukuoka - Singapore - Perth

I have even waitlisted an itinerary by selecting every leg individually. Trying my hardest to get these flights if at all possible!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Any one has had any experience with booking on Silk Air? I just got on the wait list in coach about four months out for USM to SIN.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Hi Experts,

Waitlisted for HYD-SFO for Dec 28 & Jan1 2018 since couple of weeks ago, How likely are they to clear either of these, Any way to get it expedited through travel agent/email etc.

Thanks and appreciate any advice.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:14 pm

Yes you can expedite by calling the Krisflyer service centre asking for a chaser to be sent.

Suggest calling the singapore number.

Also, suggest calling on a Friday (singapore time). If they offer to call you back take this offer as a knowledgeable person rather than call centre person will call you back.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:23 am

F4 A3 Z6 C1 with 22 days remaining. I think I made a bad decision to not have a backup plan. As Tomaus suggests, one more call next thursday (with 15 days remaining) and hopefully waitlist clears in 2 - 3 days or else its 14 hours in coach on some airline for me (if any seats left)
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Another data point:

Thursday 11/24 CPT-SIN-CGK J Saver (45k miles) waitlisted at 6 days prior to departure with Z7 C7 J0
Waitlist cleared on Monday 11/20 (2 days later, 4 days prior to departure) at 4pm SGT
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, SPG Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade, Club Carlson Gold
SYD-SIN 14th Dec - 2 pax on Business Saver

Hi experts,

Anyone with access to expertflyer to check possibility of the waitlist flight clearing?
Booked 2 pax on Business Saver SYD-SIN for 14 Dec (SQ232) on 13 August (over 3 months now).
Waitlist still hasn’t cleared unfortunately.
A call to their call centre was not very helpful, they’ll ‘put a request through’, but it’s ‘full’ currently… well, of course!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by yaksha98
Hi experts,

Anyone with access to expertflyer to check possibility of the waitlist flight clearing?
Booked 2 pax on Business Saver SYD-SIN for 14 Dec (SQ232) on 13 August (over 3 months now).
Waitlist still hasn’t cleared unfortunately.
A call to their call centre was not very helpful, they’ll ‘put a request through’, but it’s ‘full’ currently… well, of course!
I looked up the flight. There are 18 unallocated seats and 3 seats that are marked as "blocked". Be aware, unallocated seats don't necessarily indicate that they are available for upgrades. You could try a dummy booking and see what appears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.