FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

spk307 Jan 6, 2017 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27717838)
In all honestly, I don't. Because there's stamp duty on the rental agreement and the spouse receiving the rent is taxed. Add to the 2.6% commission of these sites, the cost isn't worth the 4 miles per S$1.

True. I read somewhere that a report needs to be sent to IRAS on individuals receiving money this way, as the assumption is that they 'earn'.

demue Jan 6, 2017 10:23 pm

Plus, in order to pay rent, with the limitations on 4mls/$ earnings, one would have to use multiple cards like UOB PPV + DBS WWMC to pay this every month. At least in my case that balance would be used up rather quickly. Yes, rents have dropped in SIN, but not that much (at least when you rent an entire apartment). General spending cards will work, but 2.6% for generating 1.2mls isn't that appealing. YMMV.

Aeran Jan 7, 2017 1:30 am

very good points. I was thinking people would just create the rental agreements for verification to charge say $2k to their cards at a 2.6% fee, even if they didn't have a real rent.

But you're all right that it could have much deeper implications if the verifications / declarations / tracking are tied back to income, taxes, etc.

carrotjuice Jan 7, 2017 2:01 am

For the Citi Prestige card, when is the annual relationship bonus points credited? Is it at the same time that the annual fee is charged?

I'm thinking of doing a one time final redemption of my points before cancelling my card.

chrispstan Jan 7, 2017 4:34 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27718828)
For the Citi Prestige card, when is the annual relationship bonus points credited? Is it at the same time that the annual fee is charged?

I'm thinking of doing a one time final redemption of my points before cancelling my card.

Yes. On your anniversary month. The CitiDollars for renewal are also credited automatically. They assume you will pay the $535.

ExSin Jan 7, 2017 5:30 am

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 27718219)
True. I read somewhere that a report needs to be sent to IRAS on individuals receiving money this way, as the assumption is that they 'earn'.

You're right. And there are property tax implications - i.e your property is called 'rented' - jacking up the tax.

Overall, sounds like a good MS opportunity but in reality its not worth it.

flyasia Jan 7, 2017 6:06 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27718828)

Not happy with the card benefits?

carrotjuice Jan 7, 2017 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyasia (Post 27720048)
Not happy with the card benefits?

Barely got to use them last year.

4 for 3 hotel nights - my corporate rate works out cheaper or I redeem points.

Jetquay and Priority Pass - travel J mostly so don't need lounge access.

Golf - never touched a club in my life.

Miles for annual fee - don't need this, as I have more miles than what I can do with and, if I do, have cheaper avenues.

Limo for overseas spend - and sacrifice additional miles from other cards? A farce... no thanks.

invisible Jan 7, 2017 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27722677)
I have more miles than what I can do with and, if I do, have cheaper avenues.

Congrats having a good life. :)
What are cheaper avenues?

carrotjuice Jan 8, 2017 1:44 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27723355)
Congrats having a good life. :)
What are cheaper avenues?

Haha... nothing criminal or surreptitious. Children attend institutions that accept credit card payments at less than 2% commission.

invisible Jan 8, 2017 2:04 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27723992)
Haha... nothing criminal or surreptitious. Children attend institutions that accept credit card payments at less than 2% commission.

Children are expensive creations....

dennistwd Jan 8, 2017 4:04 am

PSA

The UOB PRVI Miles Maxicab limo service is experiencing malware issues on their website. You can give them a call to reconfirm / make new reservations for upcoming trip to Airport.

carrotjuice Jan 8, 2017 6:24 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27724026)
Children are expensive creations....

... hence, require miles to offset their upbringing costs!! :D

ExSin Jan 8, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27724562)
... hence, require miles to offset their upbringing costs!! :D

Pls teach my how does Mrs CarrotJuice buy that logic?
Many here incl myself find that mrs. is not often convinced with 2% extra spend :confused:

invisible Jan 8, 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27724594)
Many here incl myself find that mrs. is not often convinced with 2% extra spend :confused:

Try to book her on UA's SFO-SIN non-stop in a middle seat at Y- section on a revenue ticket paid with her own money.

If your marriage survives, she might understand reasoning.