FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr Dec 28, 2016 4:33 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 27670114)
May or may not, need someone to test it out.

For shopback cashback, you must click through shopback which will lead you to the normal Expedia website. For the Citibank 15x promo, you MUST click through http://www.expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards which is the same as the UOB promo. If you click through shopback's Expedia link you will earn 1x point only and the transaction posted on your credit card is different from the Citibank promo site's.

So you can only enjoy 1 promotion. Not both. But if you charge to UOB PRVI Miles AMEX, you can earn 6x UNI$ and no currency conversion fee because it is treated as a foreign currency transaction even though it's in S$.

ExSin Dec 28, 2016 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Zala (Post 27665179)
So far can earn 5400miles by spending only $22.50 (if 30days a month)

That is 0.00416 per mile :eek:

what was this about ? Seems I missed something ...

aster Dec 28, 2016 9:04 am

Originally Posted by flyasia (Post 27647828)
UOB is definitely the worse of all. Only Keep PRVI for EZRELOAD and preferred platinum for paywave.

My experiences have generally been quite good, apart from them moving merchants to give SMART$ instead of UNI$. :) I think there was also a time when points were cancelled retroactively, but I think this was ultimately resolved to my satisfaction after intervening with customer support.

On a side note, isn't there another card out there that is equally good for paywave?

And what's the whole EZRELOAD thing all about and where is the bonus in that? Do they give extra points (what about the fee?), and how do we actually divert any meaningful spend onto EZ-link? Cold Storage?

carrotjuice Dec 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Is DBS WWMC still the one to use for LTA road tax payments? The revamped One Motoring website seems to accept credit cards directly?

vsepr Dec 28, 2016 8:06 pm

CITIBANK AND EXPEDIA PROMOTION from 1 Aug 2016 to 31 October 2016

Bonus 4.8 miles/$ is in today (29/12) for my Citi PM VISA.

Yes, this time Citibank is smart. You MUST click through the special Expedia website to do the booking because the transaction has extra codes when posted and refunded.

http://www.expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards

Promo Expedia website's transaction posted as:
24/12/2016 *EXPEDIACT144382620891 EXPEDIA SG SE

Normal Expedia website transaction:
10/12/2016 EXPEDIA EXPEDIA SG SE

Once the charge is posted, the bonus points will be in at the same time. No more waiting for 2 months.

But no more free bonus 14x points or 4.8miles/S$ for those who cancel and refund their bookings after 1 or 2 months.

Imagine the amount of bonus 14x points or 4.8miles/S$ earned for the past 2 years if you charge to almost your credit limit and cancel them after 1 or 2 months every qualifying period without spending a single cent!!...WOW...can fly First Class around the world!! Haha!!

ExSin Dec 29, 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27673754)
Is < edited > still the one to use for LTA road tax payments? The revamped One Motoring website seems to accept credit cards directly?

Based on previous feedback from this community, I've initiated a few transactions using the d-bee-s woman:
- get FEVer
- pay LTA road tax
- pay insurance

will post outcome by 16th next month.

ExSin Dec 29, 2016 8:02 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 27674231)
CITIBANK AND EXPEDIA PROMOTION from 1 Aug 2016 to 31 October 2016

Bonus 4.8 miles/$ is in today (29/12) for my Citi PM VISA.

Yes, this time Citibank is smart. You MUST click through the special Expedia website to do the booking because the transaction has extra codes when posted and refunded.

http://www.expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards

Promo Expedia website's transaction posted as:
24/12/2016 *EXPEDIACT144382620891 EXPEDIA SG SE

Normal Expedia website transaction:
10/12/2016 EXPEDIA EXPEDIA SG SE

Once the charge is posted, the bonus points will be in at the same time. No more waiting for 2 months.

But no more free bonus 14x points or 4.8miles/S$ for those who cancel and refund their bookings after 1 or 2 months.

Imagine the amount of bonus 14x points or 4.8miles/S$ earned for the past 2 years if you charge to almost your credit limit and cancel them after 1 or 2 months every qualifying period without spending a single cent!!...WOW...can fly First Class around the world!! Haha!!

Well... yeah our plans had to change due to genuine reasons ;)

Thanks for posting on your points credit. I checked mine based on your post, and saw mine have posted as well (Yay!)..:D

One more thing - I called up the customer care to 'confoam' and double 'confoam' that there is no limit to the new expedia promo doesnt have any limit..

Aeran Dec 29, 2016 9:07 am

Originally Posted by vade (Post 27665247)
Anyone has any experience with this?

https://cardup.co/

I have a friend at CardUp and asked for more information on it. Here is what they shared:

1. Some banks count the spend as online: The UOB PPV currently gives 4 miles / S$ and OCBC cards also count as online spend. However, DBS does not count it as online (Update 7 Jan 2017: DBS WWMC is now giving 4 mils / S$). Hope the banks don't change this as others have mentioned...

2. They're launching a "first payment for free" promo for new users next week for the first 300 redemptions, capped at a charge of $5k SGD. Should start on Monday.

3. They'll have regular promotions with lower fees. There should be one for income tax in 2017.

4. They have more local than expat customers at the moment. The locals usually use it for condo maintenance fees to MSCTs and insurance premiums to all major insurance companies.

5. Regarding the scenario of them going out of business, all funds are held in trust for customers in a completely separate trust account to the company's operating account, so payments are essentially passed straight through.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it out myself yet as I don't incur any of the above fees. Though if the UOB PPV still counts as online come tax season I'll give it a shot!

aster Dec 29, 2016 5:26 pm

How long does it take on average for an expedia.com.sg purchase made by the UOB PRVI card to post to the account?

jagmeets Dec 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 27678411)
How long does it take on average for an expedia.com.sg purchase made by the UOB PRVI card to post to the account?

guessing 2-3 days. I checked on the miles on a particular transaction with the CSO 4 days after the purchase..

Zala Dec 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27670855)
what was this about ? Seems I missed something ...

Enjoy while it last. :D

qsharp Dec 30, 2016 12:42 am

I have three questions on the UOB PRVIMiles VISA:

1. How can I transparently check which transaction from the credit card gets translated into the UNI$? Manually checking running credit card statements against UOB Rewards page is not good enough for me. I contacted UOB Customer Service via e-mail and no reply yet. I travel a lot these days, so going to a branch is kind of the last stop...

2. Also, I have been booking all of my business travels through Expedia lately, due to the 6x promo. As per the T&C it is only valid until 31 Dec 2016. Does any know whether this will continue? Will they reliably change their T&C/website in time with the new year?

3. In the latest posts, I see a lot of people turning away from their UOB PRVIMiles cards. Why is that? I honestly find it difficult to boil down which merchants and their categorization are eligible for spend and bonus spend (see point 1) and this obviously is one of the deciding factors for most of you to compare between the cards of different banks. Is anyone here aware of the latest product offerings and can simplify the view on things as to which cards are best for what kind of spend with the maximized amount of miles, e.g. UOB PRVI for paywave, ezreload, etc...

flyasia Dec 30, 2016 1:02 am

Originally Posted by qsharp (Post 27679442)
I have three questions on the UOB PRVIMiles VISA:

1. How can I transparently check which transaction from the credit card gets translated into the UNI$? Manually checking running credit card statements against UOB Rewards page is not good enough for me. I contacted UOB Customer Service via e-mail and no reply yet. I travel a lot these days, so going to a branch is kind of the last stop...

2. Also, I have been booking all of my business travels through Expedia lately, due to the 6x promo. As per the T&C it is only valid until 31 Dec 2016. Does any know whether this will continue? Will they reliably change their T&C/website in time with the new year?

3. In the latest posts, I see a lot of people turning away from their UOB PRVIMiles cards. Why is that? I honestly find it difficult to boil down which merchants and their categorization are eligible for spend and bonus spend (see point 1) and this obviously is one of the deciding factors for most of you to compare between the cards of different banks. Is anyone here aware of the latest product offerings and can simplify the view on things as to which cards are best for what kind of spend with the maximized amount of miles, e.g. UOB PRVI for paywave, ezreload, etc...

1. Welcome to UOB. There is no easy way. If you want to make sure UNI$ are credited, you can download the statement in excel and work out a formula to check the total number of points given.
3. Apart from paywave on UOB Preferred visa, I have turned away from PRVI and went to Citibank. The 1.4 mile per $ is good but don't forget it's rounded to 5$. But the main reason is that I cannot stand a) their hopeless customer service and b) it happens that points are not credited. They don't really know why and it takes weeks to get it sorted out through various calls, making the whole experience tedious.

ExSin Dec 30, 2016 1:13 am

deleted

aster Dec 30, 2016 4:42 am

Originally Posted by flyasia (Post 27679486)
Apart from paywave on UOB Preferred visa, I have turned away from PRVI and went to Citibank. The 1.4 mile per $ is good but don't forget it's rounded to 5$.

I must say I've never been tempted to go with Citi ever since they did away with their best card - the one where you got bonus miles for supermarket spend.

But then came alone other "opportunities" like topping up prepaid cards for 4 miles/$ or the UOB PPV for Paywave so I quickly forgot about Citi altogether.

I still think that paying 1% to top-up the Fevo/M1 card using the DBS WWMC is the best way to go for the first $2k of non-paywave spend each month. :)

On a side note, does anyone have HSBC Advance? Doesn't their card offer unlimited 4 miles/$ for online spend?