FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

ExSin Jan 17, 2017 6:54 am

Amex imagine - ANYONE got refund?

I had reached out to Amex imagine (ezlink) team checking on when will me refund be credited.

I got a call from then early this week saying they haven't received my request !!!

can folks pls confirm their refunds have posted ? And if not , what's the response you're getting?

carrotjuice Jan 17, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27774673)
I had reached out to Amex imagine (ezlink) team checking on when will me refund be credited.

I got a call from then early this week saying they haven't received my request !!!

can folks pls confirm their refunds have posted ? And if not , what's the response you're getting?

I got my refund, eventually. But it was a completely fraught experience.

After not hearing from them for more than 3 weeks, I called up to check what the refund status was... and got the same response - that they never received my request even though I had a screen print to prove it!

And all the EZ-LINK customer service could muster was to ask me to send again... and wait another 3 weeks to be updated. No proactiveness, no empathy, sad excuse of a customer service.

I was having none of their excuses and insisted to be escalated to their head of customer service - she was responsive and I gave her an earful of how bad the whole EZLINK customer service is. After that I found out that there was a fault with the refund website that was operated by a vendor, who never conveyed the refund instructions back to EZLINK. This was in August last year. Looks like the vendor website problem is yet unresolved!

carrotjuice Jan 17, 2017 7:23 am

Originally Posted by vade (Post 27771868)
Thanks for sharing! Have you tried this card for property tax as well? Works?

Should work. There should be no distinction when you choose IRUST as a payment counterparty.

vade Jan 17, 2017 7:55 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 27774762)
I got my refund, eventually. But it was a completely fraught experience.

After not hearing from them for more than 3 weeks, I called up to check what the refund status was... and got the same response - that they never received my request even though I had a screen print to prove it!

And all the EZ-LINK customer service could muster was to ask me to send again... and wait another 3 weeks to be updated. No proactiveness, no empathy, sad excuse of a customer service.

I was having none of their excuses and insisted to be escalated to their head of customer service - she was responsive and I gave her an earful of how bad the whole EZLINK customer service is. After that I found out that there was a fault with the refund website that was operated by a vendor, who never conveyed the refund instructions back to EZLINK. This was in August last year. Looks like the vendor website problem is yet unresolved!

Can you let me know the head of customer service contact? I'm also having a very bad experience with them.

My story started here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/10...5-post415.html

After that, unfortunately I did not learn my lesson (plus the temptation of getting 4mpd was too great), and in early December last year I ordered a new FEVO card. Till now, I still have not received my card. Raised the issue with customer service, and I'm still not getting anywhere with them. Really very terrible.

w4rd Jan 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27774673)

Yeah, I'm afraid their IT is outsourced and generally sub-par.
Not that it helps but I got my refund last year.

spk307 Jan 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by vade (Post 27774951)
and in early December last year I ordered a new FEVO card. Till now, I still have not received my card. Raised the issue with customer service, and I'm still not getting anywhere with them. Really very terrible.

Read a lot about their customer service. Just walked into an M1 store and got their M1 Fevo card. To top it off, i even managed to get them top up 400 to my M1 card using credit card - avoided 1% charge and got full miles. But i heard they dont top up at outlet now.

carrotjuice Jan 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 27777964)
Read a lot about their customer service.

Arguably the Fevo / EZLINK / Imagine / M1 Prepaid MC is the absolute worst I've ever encountered in Singapore.

They can't even see latest transactions - so if you lose your card and want to know what transactions could've been fraudulently charged - they are clueless.

And they only know how to parrot tactical responses which fail to understand the bigger picture... sometimes you are no better than talking to a doorknob.

demue Jan 17, 2017 7:04 pm

+1. Customer service isn't a strength of most Singaporean companies and even big international firms and banks struggle with their operations. Ezlink and its associated service providers (e.g. The payment processor) are amongst the worst and most incompetent you will encounter. Clueless so a compliment.

I had my Fevo locked down 3+ times when supposedly auto-top ups of the Ezlink wallet failed. Mind you that there were sufficient funds on the Fevo card and the monthly summary statement I got said 0 unsuccessful transactions and all were listed as successful.

They locked down your EZ link function on the Fevo card without telling you amd even if you have a balance remaining you can't use it. You are forced to go to specific transitlink offices and pay the "supposed" failed amount. Then you have to wait a few days before you can reapply for your auto-top up facility as that one was of course immediately terminated by Ezlink.

In the end after escalations and several weeks of waiting and following up it turns out that at times they have issues with processing the payments, e.g. from comfort cab ezlink payments, properly and get an error on their processors backend that triggers this mess that puts great inconvenience at their customers. A bunch of incapable morons doesn't even start to describe the situation adequately. :(

spk307 Jan 17, 2017 9:11 pm

With most operations offshored, some banks do not hesitate to blame their offshore teams! HSBC staff squarely blamed their support team in India, even saying explicitly that their offshore team is useless. Don't they have some service agreements on turnaround times?

On customer service, I have generally found Amex, DBS and Citi to be good, in that order.

sandyph Jan 17, 2017 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27772889)
Bottom line - '$37000/mo spent can get you 1m miles per year' and that's best case scenario. Considering that they run business, it would be logical to assume that they are using their own personal credit card for business expenses to accumulate miles.

nice detailed write up, I'm not savvy enough to calculate on how to achieve 1 mill miles in a year so this is a good read

invisible Jan 18, 2017 12:22 am

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 27778901)
HSBC staff squarely blamed their support team in India, even saying explicitly that their offshore team is useless. Don't they have some service agreements on turnaround times?

The same 'excuse' was told to me when I had to start my Advance Credit card application tour times and at the end I was simply told that I won't get the card.

Next month I will move to city and tell them the kiss my a$$ goodbye.

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 27778901)
On customer service, I have generally found Amex, DBS and Citi to be good, in that order.

AMEX is global brand so that's expected. From locals DBS I think I at least one head above others.

jagmeets Jan 18, 2017 5:18 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27779485)
AMEX is global brand so that's expected. From locals DBS I think I at least one head above others.

What annoys me no end is the time some of them take to generate OTPs

DBS- instantaneous
Citi- reasonable
ANZ- acceptable
HSBC- was barely acceptable when I had an account with them (by the way they were awesome smart when I closed the account..sent the remainder balance - that they couldn't give when I closed the account in person- a grand total of S$0.06, by registered mail!!)
Stanchart- atrocious

This for online banking...

carrotjuice Jan 18, 2017 5:21 am

Auto top up for ERP gantries with Citibank credit cards

For the auto-charge facility on Citibank credit cards, please note that even for an ERP charge of $0.50 - Citibank will earmark your credit line by a mind boggling and whopping $50 EACH TIME!! Yes fifty DOLLARS for an ERP charge of barely a dollar or at most a few dollars.

Sure the earmarked amount gets released a few days later, but still it is shocking to find this out...

aster Jan 18, 2017 7:26 am

Does DBS Altitude still give a lump-sum of miles for a paid card renewal or have they done away with that?

demue Jan 18, 2017 8:17 am

They give 5000 DBS points equivalent to 10000 KF miles for 192ish $ renewal fee. Same as Citi PM Visa.