FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Dec 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyasia (Post 27590492)
You can use this promotion:
DBS Altitude American Express® Card: S$1 = 2 miles; DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card: S$1 = 3 miles from now till 28 Feb 2017.
http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promo...itude-overseas
Check the T&Cs, there is a maximum per month.

Looks like there's a minimum charge of S$2,500 overseas spend IN STORE so I guess online transactions are not eligible. There's also a maximum of 2K miles earned on the bonus miles which is 1 mile per S$1.

So that means the minimum S$2,500 spending gets you 5K base miles + 2K bonus = 7K miles. If it was S$3k spending it would be 6k base miles + 2K bonus = 8K miles.

carrotjuice Dec 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 27598415)
Looks like there's a minimum charge of S$2,500 overseas spend IN STORE so I guess online transactions are not eligible. There's also a maximum of 2K miles earned on the bonus miles which is 1 mile per S$1.

So that means the minimum S$2,500 spending gets you 5K base miles + 2K bonus = 7K miles. If it was S$3k spending it would be 6k base miles + 2K bonus = 8K miles.

Not really. You don't have to spend the whole S$2,500 overseas in store. You can spend the minimum S$1,000 overseas in store + another S$1,500 on any spend (say domestic or online) and your S$1,000 will qualify for 3 miles per S$1.

To best optimize the promo and minimize opportunity loss, spend S$2,000 overseas in store + S$500 domestic per calendar month until Feb 2017.

But yes, the terms are confusing.

demue Dec 12, 2016 6:57 pm

Ahh, like that. Okay I would not have read it that way. May give it a try later this month and in Jan. Worst case one gets 2mls for overseas spend like with most other general spending cards. Thanks.

aster Dec 13, 2016 2:25 am

Has it been smooth sailing so far with the UOB PRVI Amex and the huge mile ratio for booking hotels via expedia.sg?

ExSin Dec 13, 2016 4:52 am

Property Tax

Just received my property tax for FY17. Some of us here may have also received the same.

Question - what do we use now, after the demise of the rewards card to pay property tax?

jagmeets Dec 14, 2016 3:54 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 27603986)
Has it been smooth sailing so far with the UOB PRVI Amex and the huge mile ratio for booking hotels via expedia.sg?

Called in today to check since I'd racked up a fair handful via expedia the last few months. I gave the transaction, the CSO gave the UNI$ and everything seemed fine, till he went 'Let me calculate..' for one of the transactions. Was worried that the CSO was calculating and giving me 'what should have been', rather than what actually posted. Clarified on that, and seems to be all ok for me (about 40K UNI$ for me, so I didn't want them to get lose somewhere in UOB's caveman systems).

btw flights as well - came useful for one which priced the same on expedia.sg, as on the airline's site (and booking with the airline would have made for an FX charge, as it was a non-SIN origin flight).

I've found myself using expedia a lot more this year than in the past - card linked promo codes on hotels gets the price to a similar, or lower, level than on other channels, and the UNI$ are a sweet cherry.

flyasia Dec 14, 2016 7:50 am

I'm always split between the miles and cash back you can get from expedia and just booking with the hotel which will give you points and status, etc.

ExSin Dec 14, 2016 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27604386)
Just received my property tax for FY17. Some of us here may have also received the same.

Question - what do we use now, after the demise of the rewards card to pay property tax?

Anyone ?

It's okay to PM me if posting response might kill a golden goose :). Thanks in advance !

SQ319 Dec 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27604386)

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27611504)
Anyone ?

It's okay to PM me if posting response might kill a golden goose :). Thanks in advance !

I'm listening in too on this... :)

vade Dec 14, 2016 8:02 pm

Me too!

ExSin Dec 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by vade (Post 27613545)
Me too!

Sure - will fwd you any PM I get. So far no love...

invisible Dec 15, 2016 12:19 am

It essentially boils down to a card which awards miles on AXS payment. Do you know any? And it has to be a MasterCard.

ExSin Dec 15, 2016 1:48 am

Edited -deleted.

invisible Dec 15, 2016 2:00 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27614470)
Seems you referring to getting fever.

Can anyone confirm if the Woman still gets Fever?

Until very last moment - yes.

Phaze Dec 15, 2016 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 27614470)
Seems you referring to getting fever.

Can anyone confirm if the Woman still gets Fever?

That's genius. You should get over to the Lifemiles forum :rolleyes: