FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

tboons May 26, 2016 7:03 am

just try with $1 payment and check. if it works, keep quiet... if it doesnt, also keep quiet... now more and more banks are cutting the ways to get 4x miles!

Kilian Zoll May 26, 2016 7:09 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 26684251)
just try with $1 payment and check. if it works, keep quiet... if it doesnt, also keep quiet... now more and more banks are cutting the ways to get 4x miles!

Well, it is an online transaction so it should technically be eligible for the bonus points as per the T&Cs.

w4rd May 26, 2016 8:17 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26684208)
Does anyone know if the usual cards (UOB PPV, Citi Rewards MC etc.) generate the online 10x bonus for miles purchases from United MileagePlus?

Assuming the miles are purchased directly from United then UOB PPV will not award bonus. UOB have a lot of exclusions.
DBS WWMC should be good.

ExSin May 26, 2016 9:56 am

Originally Posted by w4rd (Post 26679567)
AXS does not accept Visa...

Ok cool.

Any benefits of Citi rewards visa.

Awesom Andy May 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 26684251)

I suppose if it doesn't work, feel free to post. Although if something works, and is likely to be heavily used/abused by the masses, expect it to be possibly killed off. Even if the banks don't read forums, they can see the huge amount of transactions for specific merchants and then perhaps deciding to take actions to limit their expenses.

Tyrhung May 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26677676)
Can confirm that the transaction reverted back to "AXS PAYMENT SINGAPORE SG" and bonus points have been credited.

So does it matter which axs portal used? E-axs / mobile axs app etc?

w4rd May 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 26685079)
Ok cool.

Any benefits of Citi rewards visa.

Nothing over the MC version that I'm aware of...

w4rd May 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26687768)
So does it matter which axs portal used? E-axs / mobile axs app etc?

E-AXS worked for me. Never felt the need to try mobile.

fone May 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26684208)
Does anyone know if the usual cards (UOB PPV, Citi Rewards MC etc.) generate the online 10x bonus for miles purchases from United MileagePlus?

By the way, I've gotten 2.4 miles / $ using my UOB PRVI Amex on United.com, albeit for air ticket. I've not tried the Citibank rewards card though.

fuschia May 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26683079)
If we keep asking and discussing on this AXS topic much further it will definitely shorten the likely "limited" timespan that this opportunity has. Even the dullest folks at the bank in question will eventually wake up and ensure that points issued align to what their T&Cs says.

Totally agree. Just try with a small amount to verify for ourselves.

toothpick2 May 29, 2016 1:10 am

I got an email today saying you'll get 2miles per $1SGD spent at any supermarket when using the UOB PRVIMILES AMEX when paying via contactless payment.

Can someone confirm which are the best cards to use for the following supermarket when not factoring in the offer above.

NTUC Fairprice - UOB Preferred Platinum Visa, via Paywave for 4x Uni$
Giant - UOB Preferred Platinum Visa, via Paywave for 4x Uni$
Cold Storage/Jason's - UOB PRIVMILES Amex/Mastercard/Visa, for 1.2 Miles per $1SGD
Sheng Shong - UOB PRIVMILES Amex/Mastercard/Visa, for 1.2 Miles per $1SGD

carrotjuice May 29, 2016 6:41 am

Originally Posted by toothpick2 (Post 26696358)
I got an email today saying you'll get 2miles per $1SGD spent at any supermarket when using the UOB PRVIMILES AMEX when paying via contactless payment.

Can someone confirm which are the best cards to use for the following supermarket when not factoring in the offer above.

NTUC Fairprice - UOB Preferred Platinum Visa, via Paywave for 4x Uni$
Giant - UOB Preferred Platinum Visa, via Paywave for 4x Uni$
Cold Storage/Jason's - UOB PRIVMILES Amex/Mastercard/Visa, for 1.2 Miles per $1SGD
Sheng Shong - UOB PRIVMILES Amex/Mastercard/Visa, for 1.2 Miles per $1SGD

DON'T EVER, EVER use UOB cards at Giant / Cold Storage / Jason's / Marketplace. They earn the dreadful Smart$ not UNI$.

Also not sure why UOB would think this is appealing... its PPV earns 4 miles per $1 at Fairprice and they want to tempt us to use PRVI Amex instead for half the miles?! I had deleted the text message the moment I received it some days back.

carrotjuice May 29, 2016 6:57 am

Anyone read today's Straits Times?
http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyl...le-for-flights

No mention of UOB PPV for paywave, PPAmex for dining, Citi Rewards for shopping, etc.

Amateur journalist. :o

MilesBuzz May 29, 2016 6:48 pm

The article actually mentioned UPB PPV for paywave somewhere down.

shuigao May 29, 2016 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 26696968)
No mention of UOB PPV for paywave, PPAmex for dining, Citi Rewards for shopping, etc.

No mention of the Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer boards on FlyerTalk either, tsk tsk:p