FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

planetshakers Dec 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25877315)
The only difference is 'price' and availability.

Example, SQ might release just 2 'saver'-level F award seats on a flight, and then an additional 2 'standard' and an additional 2 'full.'

So if someone else has taken up the two 'saver' seats, you can only put yourself on a waitlist ...

... or you can choose to 'pay' double the miles and confirm the 'standard' level award instead.

From my understanding, for FULL award, as long as there is any commercially available seat available, it can be redeemed.

TheAsiaTomBrady Dec 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25899441)
If you don't already have the KF Amex Ascend, the welcome bonus could be pretty good.

Assuming s$15k
- Normal accrual 12.5k miles
- Monthly accelerator bonus 8.4k miles
- Welcome bonus 35.0k miles

That's 55.9k total miles on a s15k spend. Note that these miles are credited straight to your KF acct, so you're tied to KF. Plus they've got 2 year validity only.

Already had that card...it has a 35K welcome bonus? Thought only 5k

MasterJ Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by TTOTY (Post 25896511)
As of November 2015 shilla still earned me 10x on Citi rewards card

Thanks!

shuigao Dec 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by TheAsiaTomBrady (Post 25900234)
Already had that card...it has a 35K welcome bonus? Thought only 5k

Dunno what it was in the past,

But as of now

Receive a bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles2 the very first time you charge to your Card.

Full Fee Offer

Pay an annual fee of S$256.80 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Earn 15,000 Bonus KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$5,000 in the first 3 months upon Card approval OR Earn 35,000 Bonus KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$10,000 and above in the first 3 months upon Card approval

lcpteck Dec 22, 2015 5:17 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25848377)
Damn... Citi Rewards Card's 10X rewards is limited to just $12K per year. Even with MC and Visa, this works out to just $24K. Much of my credit has been used for shopping! :(

Edit: Only MC allowed on the AXS website, no VISA. :(

I only have the Visa version as well, maybe just get another Mastercard version.

lcpteck Dec 22, 2015 5:19 am

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25846602)
Citi PM + Citi Rewards ... it's not the same 'currency,' is it? If it's not the same 'currency' I think the above response might not apply.

That's correct, they are different currencies.

shuigao Dec 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Guys & gals, just to confirm, generally speaking for CC currencies transferring to KF, the names must match ... right? As in I can't transfer miles from my CC acct to mrs shuigao's KF acct?

Cos mrs shuigao's KF acct has some orphaned 5k or 6k or something miles which are basically useless lol.

TTOTY Dec 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25904450)
Guys & gals, just to confirm, generally speaking for CC currencies transferring to KF, the names must match ... right? As in I can't transfer miles from my CC acct to mrs shuigao's KF acct?

Cos mrs shuigao's KF acct has some orphaned 5k or 6k or something miles which are basically useless lol.

Why not apply credit cards under her name? I do that for my Wife and I have to give her instructions periodically on which cards to use for what purpose ... Once the card purpose is up either it goes into the drawer or gets cancelled 😁😁😁

Despite that she only has slightly more than half my miles as most of the spendings go into my card

Technically u can still transfer miles to your wife's account but if audited, all the miles will be forfeited I think

carrotjuice Dec 23, 2015 3:25 am

Originally Posted by TTOTY (Post 25904511)
Why not apply credit cards under her name? I do that for my Wife and I have to give her instructions periodically on which cards to use for what purpose ... Once the card purpose is up either it goes into the drawer or gets cancelled 😁😁😁

Or open a new Citigold or DBS Treasures account - they provide sign on bonus miles - in her own name.

carrotjuice Dec 23, 2015 3:30 am

CIMB Visa Signature... 10% rebate on all dining!

Just received this text message, "Dear Visa Signature Cardmembers: As of 18 Jan 16, the bonus 3.3% cash rebate for dining and entertainment, online spend in foreign currencies and payWave transactions will be discontinued and replaced with 10% cash rebate on wine and dine, and online spend in foreign currencies categories capped at S$60 per statement month. All other spend will receive unlimited 0.2% cash rebate!"

I normally use my UOB Pref Plat Amex for dining because it gives 4 miles per $1 valued at $0.02 per mile so $0.08 kickback per $1 spent.

But if CIMB Visa Signature is now giving $0.10 kickback per $1, isn't it a far better deal?

lcpteck Dec 23, 2015 3:53 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25906171)
Just received this text message, "Dear Visa Signature Cardmembers: As of 18 Jan 16, the bonus 3.3% cash rebate for dining and entertainment, online spend in foreign currencies and payWave transactions will be discontinued and replaced with 10% cash rebate on wine and dine, and online spend in foreign currencies categories capped at S$60 per statement month. All other spend will receive unlimited 0.2% cash rebate!"

I normally use my UOB Pref Plat Amex for dining because it gives 4 miles per $1 valued at $0.02 per mile so $0.08 kickback per $1 spent.

But if CIMB Visa Signature is now giving $0.10 kickback per $1, isn't it a far better deal?

Looks good, too bad it caps at $60 per statement month. I'll still stick to UOB Preferred Platinum Amex for the miles as I have more use for that.

carrotjuice Dec 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25906204)
Looks good, too bad it caps at $60 per statement month. I'll still stick to UOB Preferred Platinum Amex for the miles as I have more use for that.

That's true. $60 cap means only first $600 of dining per statement month... easily one or two family meals and you're out.

vleex5 Dec 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25901070)
I only have the Visa version as well, maybe just get another Mastercard version.

is this true? we just maxed out 120k on rewards visa. if mc version is calculated separately, I might as well just get one.
Also, can the citi rewards point combined (visa+mc) before we transfer to KF?

lcpteck Dec 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by vleex5 (Post 25909990)
is this true? we just maxed out 120k on rewards visa. if mc version is calculated separately, I might as well just get one.
Also, can the citi rewards point combined (visa+mc) before we transfer to KF?

That's alot of shopping and online purchases. :eek:

My guess it should be countered separately but better to check. Previously points in same currency can be combine by calling the call center, not sure about now though.

Tyrhung Dec 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25904450)

Oh no.. Does it mean that if my KF account name is Lee ah kow and cc name on card is kow lee, the conversion to KF miles using points is invalid?
Any way to solve this?