FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr May 6, 2013 3:02 am

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/car...ign%20T&Cs.pdf

ANZ Online Sure-win Spin & ANZ S$5 Cash Credit promotions

It states that the promotion is applicable for Principal and Supplementary Cardmembers.

For the ANZ Online Sure-win Spin, does the minimum S$1000 spend includes spending from supplementary cardholders? Should each supplementary cardholder sent separate SMS which contains their individual supplementary card number?

Reply from ANZ: Yes, it includes spending from Supplementary cardholders for the $1000 spend. But if the $1000 spend is from supplementary cardholder ONLY, the SMS should contain the supplementary card number.

For the ANZ S$5 Cash Credit promotion, if the supplementary cardholder makes the S$100 spending in a single charge/receipt, should the SMS contain the principal or supplementary card number?

Reply from ANZ: SMS should contain supplementary card number if the S$100 charge is made by supplementary cardholder.

lsed May 6, 2013 6:15 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20699668)
Do they usually post UNI$ within a matter of hours? I've read that they don't inform you how many UNIs you've gained in a statement period but only update your general balance on a continuous basis - is that right?

Just wondering if I should do a 1-2 day break to sum up all the numbers and manage my own tracking periods for the UNI$...

It seems it gets updated when entries get posted.

I thought it was updated at midnight. Will login a few more times to confirm.

So the update is at 6AM. Anything that posts on the account gets posted at 6AM, once per day.

feizhu May 6, 2013 8:21 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20704283)
https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/car...ign%20T&Cs.pdf

ANZ Online Sure-win Spin & ANZ S$5 Cash Credit promotions

It states that the promotion is applicable for Principal and Supplementary Cardmembers.

For the ANZ Online Sure-win Spin, does the minimum S$1000 spend includes spending from supplementary cardholders? Should each supplementary cardholder sent separate SMS which contains their individual supplementary card number?

Reply from ANZ: Yes, it includes spending from Supplementary cardholders for the $1000 spend. But if the $1000 spend is from supplementary cardholder ONLY, the SMS should contain the supplementary card number.

For the ANZ S$5 Cash Credit promotion, if the supplementary cardholder makes the S$100 spending in a single charge/receipt, should the SMS contain the principal or supplementary card number?

Reply from ANZ: SMS should contain supplementary card number if the S$100 charge is made by supplementary cardholder.

Yea but it doesn't state whether the whole thing gets rolled up into 1 account or whether its on a per card basis. Nonetheless I have spoken to the customer service manager at ANZ and he has confirmed that it is on a per card basis, so 20 redemptions a week for principal + supp card.

lsed May 6, 2013 10:31 am

Slightly OT:

So was looking at the UOB redemption page. It hasn't seem to have changed over the past few years and I'm seeing some security issues.

One can type in the card number in sequence until he hits a valid UOB card number and it displays the Name and UNI$ balance of the account holder.

There's no security to limit this. Based on your own card number it can be easy to ascertain the expiration date. Not sure if this info - Name, card number, expiration is enough - I'm sure in the US I can use it for some hotel booking and just tell them to charge the room bill to the card on file.

It is even possible to redeem vouchers off people's accounts though it will be sent to their address I presume.

Should I write into UOB regarding this? Or am I being too paranoid?

aster May 6, 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by tranceaty (Post 20660388)
The top up aren't difficult, just top up via online and then proceed to an AXS or OCBC atm to complete the process. I only did this once with OCBC atm and I find it pretty intuitive. Don't need home card reader (additional cost to buy it, but can complete the top up process at home).

Actually using an OCBC ATM to complete the online top-up of an EZ-link card is even more straightforward. :)

Place the card on the reader, select the only option which is available (bottom-right corner button) and just keep continuing until the process is complete. You even get a confirmation slip print-out at the end of it. :)

yosithezet May 7, 2013 3:14 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20704283)

Am I confused or are you guys really sending credit card numbers in SMS messages?

aster May 7, 2013 7:19 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 20710157)
Am I confused or are you guys really sending credit card numbers in SMS messages?

Yup, we sure are. Just the pure number though, no cardholder data or expiry dates/cvc codes. UOB is also asking for SMS with card no. to make use of their 25% extra UNI$ promo.

lcpteck May 7, 2013 7:35 am

Yeah, it's very common to register for promos using SMS. They sometimes ask you to register on their website (like Standard Chartered).

saerogenta13 May 7, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi FT gurus, I'm currently holding on to an AMEX Rewards Card. The reason I signed up for this is the first place was for its partnership with Cold Storage which allows me to earn quite good points for grocery shopping at Cold Storage during the weekends.

However I realised this partnership has ceased since early this year/ late last year. Would you suggest that I convert my points to miles (btw is there a expiry on these converted miles?) and terminate this card??

vsepr May 7, 2013 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by randysng1984 (Post 20715001)
Hi FT gurus, I'm currently holding on to an AMEX Rewards Card. The reason I signed up for this is the first place was for its partnership with Cold Storage which allows me to earn quite good points for grocery shopping at Cold Storage during the weekends.

However I realised this partnership has ceased since early this year/ late last year. Would you suggest that I convert my points to miles (btw is there a expiry on these converted miles?) and terminate this card??

The answers to your questions are here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20588029-post1285.html

saerogenta13 May 7, 2013 9:42 pm

@vsepr , you're a star.. this means I'll probably keep my card. Reading the link you gave, I believe they're not setting a date to cease AMEX reward from earning 5x in CS right?

aster May 8, 2013 2:28 am

Randy, get the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa card and earn 4 miles/$ (to be precise it's 20 miles for every $5 spent) when using the card's Paywave feature, which is accepted at Cold Storage.

SQueeze May 8, 2013 3:46 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20715924)
Randy, get the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa card and earn 4 miles/$ (to be precise it's 20 miles for every $5 spent) when using the card's Paywave feature, which is accepted at Cold Storage.

Does anyone have any feedback if PayPal transactions earn this 4miles/$ using this card?

The card gives these many miles too for online transactions. UOB lists excluded merchant codes in the T&C. Not sure if Paypal is excluded or if it belongs to one of these merchant codes.

vsepr May 8, 2013 5:22 am

More bad news from StanChart!! No more free points without spending wef 01 June 2013!!

Preferred Banking Relationship Rewards
5.3.1 If you:
(a) are principal cardholder of the Preferred World Credit Card;
(b) are the primary account holder of a product within the Product Category; and
(c) charge at least S$250 worth of retail transaction to your Preferred World Credit Card in a
particular calendar month,
you will earn the following 360° Rewards Points :
(i) 125 points for each of the following Product Categories maintained with us in that calendar
month: Mortgage Loans, Current and/or Savings Accounts, and Fixed Deposit, where the
minimum average balance of any Current and/or Savings Account and/or Fixed Deposit
account is more than S$1;
(ii) 125 points for performing at least one Online Banking transaction in that calendar month;
(iii) 250 points for holding selected Investments in that calendar month.

http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/...programtnc.pdf

lcpteck May 8, 2013 6:26 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 20716140)
Does anyone have any feedback if PayPal transactions earn this 4miles/$ using this card?

The card gives these many miles too for online transactions. UOB lists excluded merchant codes in the T&C. Not sure if Paypal is excluded or if it belongs to one of these merchant codes.

From the feedback received so far, paypal transactions do count. However it would not if they were used on merchants in the restricted list. Example, using paypal to pay for travel related purchases.

Only when you make a transaction and check whether the bonus UNI$ are credited then would you know do they earn the 10x. So in the end, it may be a hit or miss. No one would know until they try hehe..