FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

aster May 16, 2013 8:36 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 20758993)
DBS Altitude for all spending in Sg

If you get your groceries from Cold Storage and/or Fairprice then I'd recommend getting the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa card straight away. 4 miles/$ for Paywave transactions is the most exciting thing out there ever since I started this thread. :)

jagmeets May 16, 2013 10:40 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

Aster and other contributors: Thanks!

I'm based in SIN but usually dawdle around on the CX forums with an occasional peek here. The last peek had me applying for UOB plat Visa and Amex cards- super! Spending is now on these 2+prvi miles+citi premiermiles.

The only downer on the visa paywave- transactions are usually 'small' - with UOB's 5sgd rounding being a pain...oh and I had one fair price checkout lady swipe my card instead of the wave..'this morning manager told canno use'

lcpteck May 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 20761317)
Aster and other contributors: Thanks!

I'm based in SIN but usually dawdle around on the CX forums with an occasional peek here. The last peek had me applying for UOB plat Visa and Amex cards- super! Spending is now on these 2+prvi miles+citi premiermiles.

The only downer on the visa paywave- transactions are usually 'small' - with UOB's 5sgd rounding being a pain...oh and I had one fair price checkout lady swipe my card instead of the wave..'this morning manager told canno use'

Welcome jagmeets!

Lol my cards are the same as yours as well.

Yeah, so far my 2 tries on paywave had no luck in fairprice (they didn't know what it was). Hope it will be more positive in the future. I guess for now before I start my groceries run, I will ask the cashier if paywave is usable or not. :p

lcpteck May 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Standard Chartered WorldMiles MasterCard [MY]

New card by Standard Chartered Malaysia for our Malaysian counterparts.

Earn points in Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, and AirAsia. Signup bonus is 40k AirAsia points.

Local spend: 3RM = 1 worldmile
Overseas spend: 2RM = 1 worldmile

1 worldmile = 1 point/mile with the 3 airlines

WorldMiles Points are valid for 36 months from the month it is credited into your account.

yosithezet May 17, 2013 4:33 am

Seems HSBC wants 5K / quarter spend in order to provide the airport transfer and expedited immigration. Looks like it is time to cancel.

I have the Citi PM and am a UOB customer so I guess time to get the UOB Plat Visa. I'e been using the Citi PM with Paywave sticker on the mobile at Fairprice. Guess I'll start to use the UOB Plat for that.

Will linking the card to my EZLink so it automatically recharges get me the bonus miles for online transactions?

lcpteck May 17, 2013 10:07 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 20765441)
Seems HSBC wants 5K / quarter spend in order to provide the airport transfer and expedited immigration. Looks like it is time to cancel.

I have the Citi PM and am a UOB customer so I guess time to get the UOB Plat Visa. I'e been using the Citi PM with Paywave sticker on the mobile at Fairprice. Guess I'll start to use the UOB Plat for that.

Will linking the card to my EZLink so it automatically recharges get me the bonus miles for online transactions?

EZ-Reload doesn't, but Top & Tap does. Use UOB Plat Visa to top up funds into your EZ-Link card using Top & Tap, that will get you the 4 miles/$.

yosithezet May 17, 2013 10:45 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20766725)
EZ-Reload doesn't, but Top & Tap does. Use UOB Plat Visa to top up funds into your EZ-Link card using Top & Tap, that will get you the 4 miles/$.

But then I have to got to some place to tap, right?

hclee01 May 17, 2013 11:33 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 20766938)
But then I have to got to some place to tap, right?

You can tap at any of the AXS machines or OCBC bank ATMs. If not, you can purchase a Ezlink Card reader to perform the top-up online and instant recharge into your card once transaction is approved.

invisible May 19, 2013 3:21 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 13807949)
3. UOB Preferred Platinum Visa

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...visa_card.html

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/images/...Pg-560x180.jpg

Mileage accrual: Earn a MASSIVE 4 miles for every $1 spent using VISA Paywave contactless payments (every $5 gives 10 UNI$ which equal 20 miles).

Current T/C on UOB's web site says following:

The new UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card now comes with Visa payWave, and best of all, you will be rewarded 10X UNI$ every time you pay using Visa payWave.
It says every time you pay, not every time to you spend $1.

Is this wording accidental?

Originally Posted by aster (Post 13807949)
Cons: Points allocated on every $5 spent, rounded down to next $5. Transfer in blocks of 5000 UNI$ points = 10,000 miles. Points are valid for 2 years (transfer before expiry and they will subsequently be valid for a further 3 years from the date of transfer to KrisFlyer).

I could not find section on UOB's web site regarding accrual and point transfer. Can anyone point?

invisible May 19, 2013 4:50 am

One more question - as far as I understand UOB has a list to determine which online transactions are eligible for bonus point. Does this list exist publicly?

Also - does transaction via AXS machine considered an 'online' payment?

hclee01 May 19, 2013 5:04 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 20774794)
One more question - as far as I understand UOB has a list to determine which online transactions are eligible for bonus point. Does this list exist publicly?

Also - does transaction via AXS machine considered an 'online' payment?

What do you mean by transactions via AXS machines?
So far as I know, UOB credit cards cannot be used to make payment via AXS machines.

invisible May 19, 2013 8:06 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 20774836)
So far as I know, UOB credit cards cannot be used to make payment via AXS machines.

That's what I meant. All clear then.

invisible May 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Ok, one, somehow related to the topic question - does anybody know if bill payment can be done via EZlink card and if yes, how and where?

unitedinsg May 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 20778134)
Ok, one, somehow related to the topic question - does anybody know if bill payment can be done via EZlink card and if yes, how and where?

No cannot - Previously 7-11 allows but no longer :td:

unitedinsg May 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20764366)
Welcome jagmeets!

Lol my cards are the same as yours as well.

Yeah, so far my 2 tries on paywave had no luck in fairprice (they didn't know what it was). Hope it will be more positive in the future. I guess for now before I start my groceries run, I will ask the cashier if paywave is usable or not. :p

You must see the OCBC RED terminal that can sign your signature. That has the paywave symbol. Not all NTUCs have that terminal but I see it rolling out to more and more NTUCs this month.