FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

keepinitsimple May 2, 2013 9:15 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20643043)
Everybody who's a UOB cardholder already signed up to the +25% UNI$ promo?

Or is there a catch in the T&C? :)

Too many hoops to run to get this. Something like min spend of 1k/month for 3 months.

keepinitsimple May 2, 2013 9:20 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20659636)
^

Yep yep, someone confirmed EZ-Link topup using "top & tap" gives 10x UNI$. Remember to remove pop-up blockers in your browser.

Dont think this is of better benefit for anybody with Maybank RI.

hclee01 May 2, 2013 9:34 am

UOB PrviMiles Card Promo

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20679166)
Just received the sms.

Promo is back, valid for all overseas from now till spending till 31 July 2013.

Website is updated with the T&C, there is a spending cap at S$10,000 to earn 3 miles per S$1.
http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/cre...romotions.html

• Earn 3 miles for every S$1 spent overseas

The best miles card just got better! From now to 31 July 2013, earn 3 miles for every S$1 spent overseas, up to a maximum spend cap of S$10,000.

To register for this promotion, simply SMS <3miles> <Your Card No.> <Name> to 77862.

Terms and Conditions:
UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express Cardmembers will earn UNI$ for all spending on their UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express Card. UOB PRVI Miles Cardmembers must register for the “3 miles Promotion” (the “Promotion”) to qualify for the Promotion. Registered Cardmembers will earn 7.5 UNI$ for every S$5 spent in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 3 miles for every S$1 spent, from 1 May to 31 July 2013, for a maximum spend cap of S$10,000. Spend above the S$10,000 spend cap will continue to earn the original earn rate of 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent. The 7.5 UNI$ consists of the existing 6.25 UNI$ earned plus an additional bonus of 1.25 UNI$. UOB will not be liable for any late transaction postings affecting any Cardmember’s eligibility to qualify for the bonus UNI$. Amounts charged by the Principal and Supplementary Cardmember(s) will be taken into consideration for this promotion. Funds Transfers, cash advance, fees, interests or any other financial charges will not be considered. UOB reserves the right to substitute the bonus UNI$ with another gift of similar value at its sole discretion. The bonus 1.25 UNI$ will be credited to qualified Principal Cardmembers by 31 August 2013. From 1 August 2013, Cardmembers will earn 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent for card transactions in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent.

keepinitsimple May 2, 2013 9:51 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20667628)
Is EZ-reload good for auto-topup of a card primarily used for non-transport payments? I mean if I have $10 on the card and go into Cold Storage to spend $75 using EZ-link, will the auto-reload feature handle everything?

I happen to know a bit of ezreload technicals as my initial smrt citi card was misconfigured when sent to me

- The max ezreload amount is 50 sgd
- You are allowed to ezreload the card only once per day. So max reload of 50 SGD per day.
- It is upto the merchant accepting ezlink on whether they support ezreload or not (meaning if your card balance is less than transaction amount,, the POS terminal will attempt a reload).
In my experience the following merchants support reload - Burger King / confort cab and of course LTA :-)
Cold storage does NOT

hclee01 May 2, 2013 9:56 am

Originally Posted by keepinitsimple (Post 20687402)
In my experience the following merchants support reload - Burger King / confort cab and of course LTA :-)
Cold storage does NOT

There is a listing on the Ezlink website. There are footnote to indicate which of the merchants do not support reload:
http://www.ezlink.com.sg/ez-link-card/where-to-use.php

vsepr May 2, 2013 7:22 pm

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/kr...ode=V3HAXX2XV1

Here is how the 2x KrisFlyer miles promotion for the first 3 months works:

The bonus KrisFlyer mile will be credited on the basis of 5 bonus KrisFlyer miles for every full block of S$6 in eligible purchases and is accumulative. It will be awarded once the charge is posted and the accumulative spend reaches a full block of S$6.
I done 2 transactions:
$3.20, awarded 3 miles. No bonus miles awarded at this stage. Miles balance is 3.(3.2/1.2=2.67, round up to 3 miles)
$6.80, awarded 6 miles. (6.8/1.2=5.67, round up to 6 miles)
Total 9 miles.
Accumulated $10, gives 1 block of 5 bonus miles, hence miles balance is 14.
If I charge another $2, another 1 block of 5 bonus miles will be given and so on......

lsed May 3, 2013 3:33 am

Finally managed to get the top up to work. Needed to use Internet Explorer on Windows. OMG.

The website is such a pain! But once done it was a breeze to process it at an OCBC ATM.

lsed May 3, 2013 5:29 am

Btw I spoke to some friends about the UOB Preferred cards. They seem to already have it but the old versions of Preferred Plat AMEX and VISA. Do these cards also get the 10X UNI$? Or are they separate programmes?

lcpteck May 3, 2013 7:26 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20691761)
Btw I spoke to some friends about the UOB Preferred cards. They seem to already have it but the old versions of Preferred Plat AMEX and VISA. Do these cards also get the 10X UNI$? Or are they separate programmes?

They should get the new benefits, but best to check with the bank. However, old Preffered Plat Visa do not have the paywave capability so they may have to get a new card. My friend had the old Visa, I'm glad the new cards look nicer. :)

aster May 3, 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20691521)
Finally managed to get the top up to work. Needed to use Internet Explorer on Windows. OMG.

The website is such a pain! But once done it was a breeze to process it at an OCBC ATM.

I'm pretty sure I did mine on Firefox on a Mac. :)

I will try my next top-up using the OCBC ATM - is it fairly straightforward there, just as with the AXS machine?

ticktock83 May 3, 2013 8:08 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20692284)
I'm pretty sure I did mine on Firefox on a Mac. :)

I will try my next top-up using the OCBC ATM - is it fairly straightforward there, just as with the AXS machine?

yes it's easy, don't even need atm card. simply place the card on the reader and press the right bottom button to enter the menu and choose update.

DOUDOU1980 May 3, 2013 8:26 pm

is there any information about foreign exchange fee? thanks

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 20687311)
Website is updated with the T&C, there is a spending cap at S$10,000 to earn 3 miles per S$1.
http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/cre...romotions.html

• Earn 3 miles for every S$1 spent overseas

The best miles card just got better! From now to 31 July 2013, earn 3 miles for every S$1 spent overseas, up to a maximum spend cap of S$10,000.

To register for this promotion, simply SMS <3miles> <Your Card No.> <Name> to 77862.

Terms and Conditions:
UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express Cardmembers will earn UNI$ for all spending on their UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express Card. UOB PRVI Miles Cardmembers must register for the “3 miles Promotion” (the “Promotion”) to qualify for the Promotion. Registered Cardmembers will earn 7.5 UNI$ for every S$5 spent in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 3 miles for every S$1 spent, from 1 May to 31 July 2013, for a maximum spend cap of S$10,000. Spend above the S$10,000 spend cap will continue to earn the original earn rate of 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent. The 7.5 UNI$ consists of the existing 6.25 UNI$ earned plus an additional bonus of 1.25 UNI$. UOB will not be liable for any late transaction postings affecting any Cardmember’s eligibility to qualify for the bonus UNI$. Amounts charged by the Principal and Supplementary Cardmember(s) will be taken into consideration for this promotion. Funds Transfers, cash advance, fees, interests or any other financial charges will not be considered. UOB reserves the right to substitute the bonus UNI$ with another gift of similar value at its sole discretion. The bonus 1.25 UNI$ will be credited to qualified Principal Cardmembers by 31 August 2013. From 1 August 2013, Cardmembers will earn 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent for card transactions in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 2.5 miles for every S$1 spent.

vsepr May 3, 2013 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980 (Post 20695512)
is there any information about foreign exchange fee? thanks

Non-SGD transaction made using American Express:-

A foreign currency factor of 3.25% on the amount converted will be charged (out of which 1.25% which will be retained by American Express).

Compared to:

Non-SGD transaction made using Visa, MasterCard, JCB International or China Unionpay Cards;
An administrative fee of 2.5% on the amount converted will be charged;

Now we know why this card can give so high miles earning rate.

unitedinsg May 4, 2013 3:00 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20685474)
I bought $100 Cold Storage vouchers, that's 1190 Travel$ + 5% rebate!!

Top up EZ-link card via Top & Tap $100.90, that's 1191 Travel$ + 5% rebate!!

http://www.ezlink.com.sg/top-up/top-tap.php

That's 29.75x miles!! (Based on S$2.50/mile)

Hurry!! Only 30,000 redemptions!! I expect all to be gone within 2 to 3 weeks!!

Top and Tap got 5% rebates? I thought only ez-reload has 5% ..

vsepr May 4, 2013 6:25 am

Originally Posted by unitedinsg (Post 20696251)
Top and Tap got 5% rebates? I thought only ez-reload has 5% ..

Sometime back I used Top & Tap with Maybank Horizon VISA as a Rewards Infinite member and was awarded 10x points. The merchant's name is EZ-LINK Pte Ltd.

Should have 5% rebate if the merchant name is EZ-LINK Pte Ltd.