Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: Various
On Friday from Y+ to C ARN-EWR
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:49 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
My colleague, who is EBS, managed to get an opup into C on OS840 last night. I didn't manage to get seated in F (3 cabin A/C sold as 2 class) even though I hold EBG and SEN status..
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
M=>Y MUC-CPH on SK.

No action from my side.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: EB
Yesterday (17th September), from Eco Extra (think I had a seat in row 5) to Business on the flight CPH-TLV. As I boarded, suddenly seat 01 C popped up, and the woman asked me if I was kind enough to switch - which I was

Since I boarded before the person in 01A and I had already stepped aside in order to let the other passengers pass me, he asked if I wanted 01A instead, since it was all the same to him. So I even got window, which I prefer.

I am EBG, but this really does not happen very often to me (think I had one from Eco to Eco Extra several years ago), so I was pleasantly surprised.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yeah ... I estimate that probability of an upgrade is about 0.01 for me. Does not happen every year, with the number of segments I am doing. In fact, I have not seen any increase ever since I became EBG. But I am always happy when it does happen

May be some others have better average, but I mostly fly European short haul, so no much need for op-ups from SK side. In fact sometimes, sitting in the back of the bus I am happy for not being upgraded, bcs I would be tempted to eat, and otherwise I can work Just trying to rationalize myself out of jalousy for all the good reports here
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: EB Silver, Finnair silver, BA, Flying blue
From Juliaca to Lima on TACA, OpUp, cheap Y to C, (+The Mrs who is EBS) with no intervention on our part.
1:45 flight so no big deal, but worth it for the looks from the other scruffy travelers we'd met along the way who were on the same plane!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:02 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
A bit OT - Just arrived off PVG-CPH, travelling on an award ticket with my wife's miles (no status). We checked in online BN3 and BN 5. When checking bags at the business line at PVG (due to my OZ*G), agent informs us that we have received a free upgrade to Eco Extra, my card *G was not entered into the booking and flight was showing C9D9J9Z0Y9S9B0E9M9H9... 2 days ago.

J was only a third full, only half the forward cabin was occupied. Y almost full after upgrades and M full.

I thought award tickets could never get upgraded, must be my lucky day!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Yesterday from M -> C on CPH-HEL (operated by Blue1) due to a completely full plane.

I was not happy about it as I got moved from a exit row window seat to to a middle seat (2E) at the front. In my book this is not an upgrade but rather a downgrade - free food/drink or not !

Svantevit
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Originally Posted by Svantevit
Yesterday from M -> C on CPH-HEL (operated by Blue1) due to a completely full plane.

I was not happy about it as I got moved from a exit row window seat to to a middle seat (2E) at the front. In my book this is not an upgrade but rather a downgrade - free food/drink or not !

Svantevit
I'm scoring about 80% upgrades on different intraeuropean flights this year, and have declined about half of them due to me considering the EMG exit seat far more preferable than an in-between-others-and feet squeezed Y-seat
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: SK/TK/KLM/CC
Last Thu/Fri 20/21.09 ORD-CPH/CPH-TXL both legs upgrade Y-C.
The longhaul wasnt really full - at least, it didnt look like it. CPH-TXL was full.

Yesterday 24.09: TXL-ARN M-->Y, plane was very packed.

So this weekend the EBG had some advantage...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by wazow
Yeah ... I estimate that probability of an upgrade is about 0.01 for me. Does not happen every year, with the number of segments I am doing. In fact, I have not seen any increase ever since I became EBG. But I am always happy when it does happen

May be some others have better average, but I mostly fly European short haul, so no much need for op-ups from SK side. In fact sometimes, sitting in the back of the bus I am happy for not being upgraded, bcs I would be tempted to eat, and otherwise I can work Just trying to rationalize myself out of jalousy for all the good reports here
And just after I wrote this: today M -> C on CPH-WAW SK751. I found it quite weird. Why would they upgrade me from M- to C, instead of bumping someone from Y+ to C (And then possibly my to Y+) ? The flight was full.

This was in fact my first time ever in C on SK. While the breakfast was OK (with very good bread!), I essentially confirmed that this is not worth paying for. I much more prefer to have the breakfast in the lounge, and then not to be disturbed during the (short) flight.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
SK upgrades is not much to write home about, most of my SK flights are made within Scandinavia, and I can do without that "meal" and I am allright with a seat after row 8 :-) (actually best SK seats are in economy class on most aircrafts)
No No will much rather talk about Emirates :-)
Since I this year arcived gold in Skywards I have had op-ups on 2 out of 4 flights CPH-DXB and one on returning DXB-CPH. One out of one trip DXB-SYD (on the 380 - now THAT is an upgrade thats nice :-) ) Furthermore I love that the purser comes "down to economy" welcomes goldmembers by name, and ask wich meal I would like. (often one of the meal options are unavalabil when you sit in "the back of the bus") the purser always comes once or twice during the flight and makes sure everything is ok!! (even got a glass of champagne a few times)
YES - I know this is small things, but it is that little extra that make you feel that you as a gold member is apriciated by the carrier.
Been EBG for many years, SAS - LOOK AT EMIRATES (and maybe others) AND LEARN!!!
If I ever have to chose between SAS and EK - ya you can guess (I will even take a stopover in DXB to Asia if possible!!!!!) Now THAT is a happy customer!!!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
from X to C, CPH-PEK a few days before Christmas.

The economy class was over-sold.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: EBG, Skywards, Club Carlson Elite Gold, HHonors Gold
Upgraded to Eco Extra on CPH - OSL yesterday.

When i checked in via SMS i was assigned 7B even though i had prebooked aisle seat. Asked in the EBG lounge why i was moved and was told change of aircraft. When i mentioned that i hated midseats and no aisle was left she was nice and gave me the last aisle seat in Eco Extra.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
While flying from ARN/OSL/CPH to USA, the upgrades from economy to economy extra are very consistent, 7 or 9 recent flights upgraded for me. But what I have noticed is that they delay the information about the upgrade more and more. Earlier they upgraded always during check-in. Then it used to be at the gate while they check the ticket. And now recently they called for me while I was just walking in to the plane. I guess that the next step is upgrade while already inside the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.