FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/790901-please-post-your-ebg-upgrade-successes.html)

Robbiedeluxe Feb 15, 2008 6:35 am

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

I've seen similar threads other places on FT and I think it'd be interesting and useful to start one here as well. So I'd like to welcome you to the Unofficial EBG Upgrades Thread, where everyone is invited to share their upgrade success stories!

Whether you've been upgraded on a short or long-haul flight, received a complimentary hotel upgrade or just got upgraded to a better seat on the subway this morning — please report your success stories here! Let's see what a piece of shiny EBG plastic is capable of...

I wish you all: «Great Success!» ^

BHIL Feb 15, 2008 1:42 pm

EBG since July 2005. Upgrades as EBG:

10/2005 OS VIE-BKK: Y to C, upgrade at the gate
01/2006 SK BKK-CPH: Y+ to C, upgrade at transfer check-in
07/2006 SK LCY-CPH: Y to C, upgrade inside the plane by the purser

A lot of airtime with TG and LH but never been upgraded.

All in all very disappointing compared to my early days with BA. I have really flown a lot with SK. I have even been in M many times with a lot of empty seats rows in Y+ on SK intra-Europe. Provided they have meals on board why not upgrade EBG to some of the empty seat rows?? Paying Y+ pax would not even notice. Even without the meal they could upgrade EBG and just serve us some beverage.

I fly 30% C and 70% Y and I am not happy with the level of operational upgrades as EBG when I compare to my colleagues with OW- and ST-status.

Cheers,

Bjornstrom Feb 15, 2008 1:56 pm

I got my Volvo V70 upgraded to a XC70 today after I showed my EBG. Probably a coincidence ;)

Gnopps Feb 15, 2008 1:58 pm

If I remember correctly I received the following upgrades during my 3 years as EBG:

HEL-CPH M to C twice (of which one was as EBS)
DUB-CPH M to Y once
ARN-CPH M to Y once

That is it I think. No upgrades on other * carriers.

jefi99 Feb 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Upgrades as EBG:
STR-CPH SK (2003)
M->C (due to weight&balance, 10 pax onboard, they had to move to pax to the front)
RIX-CPH BT (2006)
M->C (Flight fully booked. I was with a group of 10, in which I was the only EBG)
CPH-HAM SK (2004)
Flight overbooked, I volunteered to take next flight, as my first meeting in HAM was cancelled, and it actually would more convenient to be in the CPH-lounge, rather than waiting in HAM. Got voucher + upgrade on next flight.
GIG-FRA RG (2006)
C->F (actually I->O!)

Hotels:
Radisson SAS Vienna (very nice two-floor suite), Riga, Moscow, Lisbon.

Upgrades as LH SEN:
many more, including several longhaul OP-UP's. None flying SK, though (as I collect EuroBonus when flying SK)

Upgrades as OZ*S flying SK:
CPH-BJS from M->Y

FT Guest xyzpdq Feb 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Those I can remember are:
2000 Wife and I upgraded from Y to C on BKK-SIN
2005 Upgraded from Y+ to C on CPH-ORD
2006 Upgraded from Y to Y+ on SEA-CPH
2006 Wife and I upgraded from Y to C on CPH-IAD
2006 Upgraded from Y to C on CPH-SEA

A couple of intra-European upgrades

Hotel upgrades nearly every single time at Radisson SAS including those of Beijing, Bergen, Brussels, Silkeborg, Frederikshavn.

Helsinki Flyer Feb 16, 2008 12:18 am

In my couple of years as EBG I got upgraded once flying HEL-HAM on Blue1 with a friend on a fully booked flight. We enjoyed the meal and ordered plenty of drinks as we were on our way to a guy´s weekend to Reeperbahn. So, we got a great start and they even provided us with miniature bottles of Akvavit for the dagen efter. :D

I don´t think I ever was upgraded at RadissonSAS, but you never know as the business class rooms are usually nothing to write home to. Nowadays I mainly use Priceline or IC-group hotels.

SusanDK Feb 16, 2008 12:21 am

If memory serves, while *G/EBS, traveling with husband (EBS):

December 2006 - CPH-IAD -From Y to C at check-in (oversold flight in Y)
April 2006 - CPH-IAD - From Y to C at gate (oversold flight in Y)
In 2004/2005 - a couple of op-ups at gate from Y to Y+, CPH-SEA and CPH-EWR, and once to Y+ on the UA wetlease CPH-IAD

Susan

Bjornstrom Feb 17, 2008 11:24 pm

2004 - ARN-EWR upgraded Y to C
2005 - ARN-LHR upgraded M to C
2006 - ARN-LHR upgraded M to C
2007 - PRG-FRA upgraded M to C (LH)

ocha Feb 18, 2008 3:30 am

Late summer 2006: HEL-FRA, Y to C

Pteropous Feb 18, 2008 4:19 am

Upgrades as EBG:

02/2004 LHR-ARN from Economy to Business on SK (pre P-class time)
07/2004 BKK-CPH from Economy to Economy Deluxe on TG
06/2006 Room upgrade at Radisson SAS Arlandia
04/2007 CPH-NRT from Economy Flex to Business on SK (asked for upgrade with points, but was given an op up instead)
10/2007 AMS-HEL from Discounted Economy to Economy Flex on KF

gardkarlsen Feb 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi

Not to be a wet blanket or anything but I have not experienced any EBG upgrades. I have not had the EBG status that long so maybe it will happen in the future :-) But I did stay a night at a Radisson hotel in Sweden last year and I sent a mail in advance asking them if it was possible to get a room upgrade due to the EBG. In response they said I already had a nice room in that category so an upgrade was not necassery. So I was pretty diappointed when I got the room as it must have been one of the more basic rooms that I have stayed at and the internet didn't work as they had probably spelled my name wrong. The hotel laster on admitted that it was not the best room they were able to provide and I did get a "We are sorry" by e-mail :rolleyes:

3tflyer Feb 19, 2008 12:02 am

Last 3 years:
M > C CPH - IAD
M > C CPH - DUB
M > Y+ CPH - BKK
M > C CPH - BKK
M > C OSL - CDG (3 times!)
M > Y+ CDG -OSL

4 - 5 times upgrade of room at Radisson SAS

Robbiedeluxe Feb 19, 2008 1:56 am

January 2007: Economy to Business Class on LH flying GRU - MUC.
March 2007: Economy to Business Class on LH flying SOF - MUC.

...and:

February 14 (Valentines Day) 2008: We (as in my girlfriend and myself) got upgraded from a Standard Room to a nice suite at the Radisson Oslo Plaza. :)

BizflyerNorway Feb 19, 2008 3:49 am

As there is a lot of attention on how to get upgrades, I would like to remind you all that the safest way to secure a biz seat on the plane is to buy a bizclass ticket.

For me I have just been upgraded once from M to Y on HAM - CPH.

I am going to BKK in 3 weeks time. On paid Biz on SK. So I dnt have to worry about getting upgraded or not on that trip!;)

BFN:)