Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:53 pm

All you people who get upgraded at the gate, do you request it or do the attendant change your seat as you are boarding?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
All you people who get upgraded at the gate, do you request it or do the attendant change your seat as you are boarding?
The few times it has happended to me it has either been an automatic thing when the BP was swiped or the gate personnel has had a new BP ready for me. In either case I´ve had nothing to do with it myself.

Svantevit
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:35 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Svantevit
The few times it has happended to me it has either been an automatic thing when the BP was swiped or the gate personnel has had a new BP ready for me. In either case I´ve had nothing to do with it myself.
Svantevit
Same here.
My latest was a bit funny though. This was from TXL to CPH this Monday around noon. The morning flight that I was supposed to be on got cancelled due to the weather at CPH. When i got my new boarding pass for the next flight to CPH it said seat 32A (!), one of the worst seats on an MD81/82 right next to the engines.
But at the gate I was glad to be told by the agent that "you have been upgraded to economy extra" , and was given seat 4F instead . Once seated however it appeared that economy extra only went as far as row 3.
No big deal on such a short flight and I was more than happy about my "upgrade" and the seat in front of the plane instead of in the back by the noisy engines.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
My latest EBG Upgrade was when flying Birmingham-Brussels-Helsinki on Brussels/Blue 1.

I had checked in online and had nice exit row seats on economy all the way.

For some reason, the gate agent at Birmingham couldn't print my boarding pass from Brussels to Helsinki, she said I'd have to contact the Brussels airlines transfer desk in BRU.

Well, BHX-BRU went fine, then came the connection at BRU.

First of all, you can't use the fast track security, even as EBG, since it has the automated BP scanner. The security attendant said sorry, there's nothing he can do about it (not even letting me past the ropes!)
Line was quite long, and of course got my shoes scanned as well for some reason.
My shoelace broke here btw...

Anyway, off I went, walked to the Brussels Airlines service desk, "flight is operated by Blue1, you have to get your BP at the gate".

At the gate they told that since I haven't claimed my boarding pass yet, they had to move me to a different seat.

They had upgraded me to seat 5B or whatever that was on the RJ, which is the middle seat in the row without a window. I would easily say the worst seat in the whole airplane. Of course, still in Eco...

AND a non-status holder got bumped to Premium on that same flight when boarding (I did peek at his BP!)

Thats the way they seem to treat their EBG customers. Thanks very much...

rant over
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
@dera
Not very relevant for this topic.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Op-ups:
The 1 november NRT-CPH from Y to C at check-in
The 3 november CDG-CPH from M to C at gate
The 22 november CPH-BKK from Y to C at gate
The 30 november SIN-BKK from M to C (even got a new F seat, so extra nice)
The 1 december BKK-CPH from Y to C along with 2 Pandion's at the gate (overheard the purser say that they had 6 Pandions on tonight’s flight all in C as well as 9 EBG and 2 StarGold in C, what a heavy statues flight, and I don’t even know how M and Y looked)
The 2 december CPH-ARN from M to Y (Y going all the way to row 28!)
The 2 december ARN-CPH from M to Y (asked in the ARN lounge for another seat as i had 26 B, she said: Wow someone must have made a mistake but there is no empty ails seats unless you move back in the plain. But let me see if i can fix that problem. Here you go, 2 C and no one in AB - all with a nice smile and thanks for flying SAS again)
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Op-ups:
The 1 november NRT-CPH from Y to C at check-in
The 3 november CDG-CPH from M to C at gate
The 22 november CPH-BKK from Y to C at gate
The 30 november SIN-BKK from M to C (even got a new F seat, so extra nice)
The 1 december BKK-CPH from Y to C along with 2 Pandion's at the gate (overheard the purser say that they had 6 Pandions on tonight’s flight all in C as well as 9 EBG and 2 StarGold in C, what a heavy statues flight, and I don’t even know how M and Y looked)
The 2 december CPH-ARN from M to Y (Y going all the way to row 28!)
The 2 december ARN-CPH from M to Y (asked in the ARN lounge for another seat as i had 26 B, she said: Wow someone must have made a mistake but there is no empty ails seats unless you move back in the plain. But let me see if i can fix that problem. Here you go, 2 C and no one in AB - all with a nice smile and thanks for flying SAS again)
If not using points this is some track record... congrats.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
If not using points this is some track record... congrats.
Yep, only used points on one upgrade this year ERW-CPH and optiontown twice CPH-NRT-CPH.
Upgrading wise this year have been really great, no IC in anything but C!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Travelled with a colleague (also EBG) ARN-HEL on KF. Got upgraded from M to Y. Seems M was full, hence the opup. My colleague claims she has been upgraded most of the times on that route, for me this was the first upgrade on SK/KF in maybe 18 months.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: EBG
Got upgraded for free Dec 2010 ZRH-CPH from M to Y, even with a lap-infant
And then in the plane we were told we could have a whole row to ourselves in C, so that the baby will be compfy - great service :-)
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:46 am

Mrs. KroFlyer (who is EBS until this trip's points clear) and I were upgraded from EWR-CPH on 1.1.11 from Y to C at check in. We were on separate itineraries, but I called SAS to make a note in our PNR to say we were travelling together. When we checked the manager came over to tell us about the upgrade as if he was waiting for us to arrive. Nice way to start the new year! ^

Mrs. Kroflyer also received an op up at the gate from M to Y for our CPH-OSL flight following the EWR-CPH leg. I was already booked in Y, so it was nice to be able to sit together.

Hopefully we can be so lucky on our next trip!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: *G, SK EBG
Have had a really good 7 days with Lufthansa since I got op-uped from M to C both today and last week on my flight FRA-LIN, especially with the new service concept in place and new seats it's a real treat!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Just got my first op-up in a while. I've gotten them before as EBB(!) and EBS a couple of times.

This time I'm off to DXB and arrived two hours before my connection to CPH and the first thing the CI said was "Sir, I'm going to upgrade you to a better cabin on the CPH-DXB leg."

Very nice, as I intended to spend points to get into Y otherwise. M was packed full to the max according to what I could see. Now I just hope my OT clears for the return or that I get lucky again...
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Had my first upgrade on sk for a long while 26/2 CPH-LHR from Economy to Extra...although I declined (or offered my seat in 2a to the guy on my original seat since U was travelling with kid and wife...kid on same pnr so I was a bit surprised they only upgraded me since I had my 2 year old son as well
Still it was nice...and the guy in 5e who got my new seat was pleased..
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:40 pm

Last year while I was EBS Myself and Mrs Holloman got an upgrade from Economy to Economy Extra between ARN and EWR. The flight was completely full. Going back we were not as lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.