FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:09 pm
dera

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
My latest EBG Upgrade was when flying Birmingham-Brussels-Helsinki on Brussels/Blue 1.

I had checked in online and had nice exit row seats on economy all the way.

For some reason, the gate agent at Birmingham couldn't print my boarding pass from Brussels to Helsinki, she said I'd have to contact the Brussels airlines transfer desk in BRU.

Well, BHX-BRU went fine, then came the connection at BRU.

First of all, you can't use the fast track security, even as EBG, since it has the automated BP scanner. The security attendant said sorry, there's nothing he can do about it (not even letting me past the ropes!)
Line was quite long, and of course got my shoes scanned as well for some reason.
My shoelace broke here btw...

Anyway, off I went, walked to the Brussels Airlines service desk, "flight is operated by Blue1, you have to get your BP at the gate".

At the gate they told that since I haven't claimed my boarding pass yet, they had to move me to a different seat.

They had upgraded me to seat 5B or whatever that was on the RJ, which is the middle seat in the row without a window. I would easily say the worst seat in the whole airplane. Of course, still in Eco...

AND a non-status holder got bumped to Premium on that same flight when boarding (I did peek at his BP!)

Thats the way they seem to treat their EBG customers. Thanks very much...

rant over