Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: EBG
I hope it hasn't been since February since the last EBG upgrade!

On Thursday me and the mrs were upgraded on SK901 CPH-EWR. We had an advance confirmed upgrade with points from M to Y. We were not expecting the further op-up to C, but were plesantly surprised when handed our boarding passes at check-in (OLCI was not available). The flight was packed.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:27 am

I'm doing something wrong. Was never upgraded a single time on SAS so far.

Only once I got a flight attendant moved me to the front for balance.

But so far my record on Austrian is pretty good: 15 flights in the last 3 months, upgraded 8 times to C being EBG. Guess it's due to the very popluar routing in summer, the planes were always oversold in Y.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
My average is once in 50 segments and dropping. Not overwhelming.

But I did get an op-up a month ago: from NRT to CPH from Y to Y+ which I welcomed warmly.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
SK909/24SEP/CPH/EWR: upgraded at c/i from
premium eco to biz

Return 29SEP: confirmed upgrade from eco premium to biz didnt go through but was given one at the very last minute before departure by gate attendant.

My first flights ever in SK long haul. Was dissapointed. Boarded late and nobody took my jacket or offered pre-departure drink. Food average. Seats not very comfortable. FAs more focused on chatting to eachother than looking after pax.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:58 pm

Do you count in payed upgrades (Points or cash)? Then it looks very different and I can say: 100% upgrade success, every time I asked on longhaul I got that seat in C for 30k or 40k points
Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:23 am

I only count op-ups
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
Flown with SAS as EBG around 100 sectors in the last year. Only 2 of those sectors were Intercontinental flights. I was upgraded on both of them.

ARN-ORD from Economy to Economy Plus
EWR-CPH from Economy to Economy Plus

Or SAS Go to SAS Plus - whatever they want to call it.

Never asked for them, when they scanned my boarding card at the gate they gave me a new one in the new cabin.

Is this common for EBG on intercontinental flights?

On European flights it's only happened to me once, when they overbooked Economy and they bumped me up to Business (before the Go/Plus cabins).
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by AndoniDK
Not from my experience. You've been lucky, probably Economy was overbooked.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:13 pm

I recieved an op-up to PLUS a few week ago CDG-OSL.
Since it was just one (middle) seat, neither my wife or I were interested in this upgrade, especially since we already had seats at the emerency exit row.
The flight was full, so the "lucky" one, that had recieved my seat was upgraded to the PLUS middle seat by the a gate representative onbord.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by AndoniDK

During leisure peak travel, as christmas, eastern and summer, they often fill up economy to 100%+.
I have recieved op-ups intercontintal as EBG/EBS both for myself and travel companion several times.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by NordicLane
I recieved an op-up to PLUS a few week ago CDG-OSL.
Since it was just one (middle) seat, neither my wife or I were interested in this upgrade, especially since we already had seats at the emerency exit row.
The flight was full, so the "lucky" one, that had recieved my seat was upgraded to the PLUS middle seat by the a gate representative onbord.
It says a lot abouth the quality of SAS' premium product when customers refuses to be upgraded

I would have done the exact same thing, though. It's not without reason I've labelled SAS Plus as WrapClass2E...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by ILS2
It says a lot abouth the quality of SAS' premium product when customers refuses to be upgraded

I would have done the exact same thing, though. It's not without reason I've labelled SAS Plus as WrapClass2E...
While the quality is not overwhelming, the upgrade offer was only to PLUS. Had it been to C, they would probably deliberated longer...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: EB-G, FB-G
I was upgraded to Plus this weekend on ORD-ARN, first time it's happened to me. Economy was completely full.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, SAS Lifetime Gold
I was upgraded to Business on CPH-SFO last week. Held an expensive Economy ticket, paid with points for a confirmed upgrade to Plus and voila, 12 hours before departure I get to choose seat 1A Thanks SAS
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:58 am

They come rarely for me these op-ups, but had a very pleasant one this summer. Me, wife and two daugthers booked in Go on CPH-EWR, upgraded to Plus at check-in. ^ Did not expect them to upgrade a group of four, with only one Gold in the group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.