Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by ILS2
If anyone is flying out of ARN in the coming days, then take a second to check what the banner actually says. It would be weird if it actually is a policy change, but that it would only be valid at ARN, and not at other SK Fast Tracks (OSL/CPH).
Used the Fast Track at ARN today. The sign above the entrance is now permanent looking and has the LH and OS logos below the "SAS Fast Track" text. There is now no text outlining anything about access for LH and OS (or any other *A-pax). Only the logos. Guess the idea is to inform pax about the rules at CI, but again many are not checking in manually.
OT: Was greeted with a "Oh, what a shiny card, you have worked hard for this I know" at the ARN *G CI desk this morning upon presenting the new EBP plastic.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone actually flown on OS metal out of ARN with a HON or SEN card and been successful to pass fast track security? This would be really nice actually... I have not been able to....
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
In Olso last week. Used UA*G (1K) card at Fast Track line, no problem. The person checking was half asleep, but did look at my card then wave me on. Going to be there again today... I will advise
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: EB*G ; MR Plat
I cannot recall not being allowed to used fast track at OSL because I was flying LH, or even DY for that matter...But I have to admit I never fly the early Monday mornings - late Friday evenings flights. So there has never been any sort of queueing whenever I got to use it. But I used it at least 20 times last year...

The only time I almost could not get through was while flying SK in Eco and the girl said : "Business only". Was fixed within 5 sec of course but still...

I flew BA 2 weeks ago but the whole airport was empty so I didn't bother trying.

OT: Not once had the people at Fast track bags for the liquids..they always need to go ask their colleagues at the other security check points
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Has anyone actually flown on OS metal out of ARN with a HON or SEN card and been successful to pass fast track security? This would be really nice actually... I have not been able to....
At ARN, LH *Golds flying in coach on OS between ARN-VIE went via the fast track security line also used by SK *Golds. The regular security "line" right next to the SK+LH fast track security line generally had nobody in it or no more people in it than the fast track line the last five times I have been on that flight.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I went pass the Fast track at ARN today and the signs says the following (regarding LH/OS):

LH business class passengers, LH Senators travelling to Germany and LH HON Circle may use Fast track.

OS business class passengers, OS Senators travelling to Austria and OS HON Circle may use Fast track.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: EB*G ; MR Plat
ARN Fast Track: ...?

Just flew through ARN yesterday, flying from Kristianstad so had to switch from T3 to T5. I was flying SAS to OSL, I am a EBG so I go for Fast Track.

My EBG card is combined with the Diners Card. Meaning it is mostly grey, with the SAS logo at the bottom right and *A Gold right underneath it.

The security guy didn't recognize that card, the conversation going like this:
"please move to the regular line, you need to have a SAS Gold to use it"
"It is a Gold, here you can see it at the bottom right"
"This reads Star Alliance Gold, not SAS Gold"
"Yes, but here the SAS logo"
"..."
"Can you swipe the card?"

Then goes check with 2 or 3 of his colleagues few meters back
"Please use the regular line"

There was no line at all (so no big deal) but I thought of checking the Fast Track at ARN and understand the frustration mentioned previously on this thread.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sebinoslo
Just flew through ARN yesterday, flying from Kristianstad so had to switch from T3 to T5. I was flying SAS to OSL, I am a EBG so I go for Fast Track.

My EBG card is combined with the Diners Card. Meaning it is mostly grey, with the SAS logo at the bottom right and *A Gold right underneath it.

The security guy didn't recognize that card, the conversation going like this:
"please move to the regular line, you need to have a SAS Gold to use it"
"It is a Gold, here you can see it at the bottom right"
"This reads Star Alliance Gold, not SAS Gold"
"Yes, but here the SAS logo"
"..."
"Can you swipe the card?"

Then goes check with 2 or 3 of his colleagues few meters back
"Please use the regular line"

There was no line at all (so no big deal) but I thought of checking the Fast Track at ARN and understand the frustration mentioned previously on this thread.
. If I were you (and had time), I would have approached the SAS counter and have them straighten it out with the looser rentacops who doesn't know their job
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by tommy777
. If I were you (and had time), I would have approached the SAS counter and have them straighten it out with the looser rentacops who doesn't know their job
I went back to the SK CI desk (at OSL) and they supported the FastTrack characters...

In my case, they stated that LH wasn't paying for the service. (Flying LH metal, SEN/1K, no EB status, or Blue...)
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurobonus Silver
Cool

deleted

Last edited by jupeter; Apr 19, 2009 at 2:48 am Reason: --
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Can it be that SK listens to their elites @:-)

04JUN09
SAS Fast Track at ARN, CPH and OSL
Effective 02JUN09, the current access rules for the SAS Fast Track at ARN, CPH and OSL are revised.

EBP and EBG passengers, travelling on a Star Alliance carrier departing from ARN, CPH or OSL, are eligible for SAS Fast Track, together with immediate family or business partner.
^^Finally!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002

^^Finally!
I'm waiting for the *G announcement, actually...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I'm waiting for the *G announcement, actually...
Never satisfied...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:41 pm

Never satisfied...

Well, if one is on an LH C ticket ex-OSL, together with *G, one *should* get access, but if SK wants to limit this, fine...it's a fixed cost, period.

I feel that there should be equal treatment for status pax - even I have seen an LH gate agent op-up a SK*G (and his non-status friend) without any upgrade instruments, so LH is not treating SK elites badly, note!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:14 pm

I don't believe it

It's a good improvement, and a step in the right direction. Star Golds should of course also be allowed.

The big question for me is, does it mean domestic SK flights are elible as well? They weren't before, and it's not specifically mentioned.
Good thing you can bring a colleague as well.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.