Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G & Centurion

I was booked in C on LH 3135 (SK 3621 - operated by LH) last week. At check in, the guy behind the EBG counter told me I couldn't use the fast track today since my (codeshare) flight to FRA was operated by LH. I asked him if he was sure as I could recall the SK site stating EBGs could use the fast track independent of ticket type. He said he was absolutely positive and that "LH is not paying for fast track in OSL, after all".

I hope my proficiency in Henrik Ibsen's language is good enough:
Fast Track gjelder for deg som skal til utlandet med SAS og har en Business- eller Economy Extra-billett samt EuroBonus Gullmedlemmer uansett billettype.
Huh?

(PS: I did use the fast track (just to prove him wrong). The Adecco super agent just swiped my DC/EBG card and said "have a nice flight"... )
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:37 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Same thing at ARN.

As long as you have an EBG-card and preferably travel on a *A carrier (with a BP issued by SAS) there should be no problems at all.

The best thing is simply not to ask. Surely LH doesn't pay for fast track access, but the fast track is there anyway, and if it's empty, so what...
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:12 am

I have in two cases been denied access in CPH with a TG ticket.... That may have changed - last time was 9 months ago.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:26 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Use SAS Fast Track - enjoy a fast and efficient way to travel
Gold members can use this service with any kind of ticket in:
- Copenhagen (SAS operated flights)
- London (SAS operated flights) from December 1, 2007 at Heathrow.
- Stockholm (Blue1 and SAS operated flights)

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/L..._Gold_members/

According to this EBG can only use Fast Track in ARN and CPH when traveling on SK-metal. Doesn't say anything regarding OSL, but it probably applies for OSL too.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:31 am
esv

Technically he might be right...but does he really think the security guys know which flight numbers are SK metal vs SK codeshare?
He said he was absolutely positive and that "LH is not paying for fast track in OSL, after all".
Hmm...I wonder how much SK pays for LH's fast tracks in Germany which normally are open to all *G?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:08 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
No fast track in RIX on non-SK/BT

Only BT/SK. LH doesn't even have a rubber stamp "FAST TRACK" which is required to take the fast track route.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Based on this:

Fast Track gjelder for deg som skal til utlandet med SAS og har en Business- eller Economy Extra-billett samt EuroBonus Gullmedlemmer uansett billettype.
you cannot actually tell what is valid or not. Reading it with logic in mind what do the text say?

Fast Track gjelder for deg som (skal til utlandet med SAS og har en Business- eller Economy Extra-billett) samt (EuroBonus Gullmedlemmer uansett billettype).
or

Fast Track gjelder for deg som (skal til utlandet med SAS og (har en Business- eller Economy Extra-billett samt EuroBonus Gullmedlemmer uansett billettype)).
The text is impossibe to determine from a "legal" point of view as the sentence is worngly created.

Is the "travelling internationally with SAS" valid for the rest of the entire sentence or just the next phrase meaning that EBG is a new part of the sentence with no referal back to "travelling internationally with SAS".

And what does "billettype" mean. Just (class) or (class and carrier)?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
But beside the phrasing.

The OT bought a ticket on SK (operated by LH) and then the perks should come with that as well as the points. This just makes me more upset every time.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:04 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Billettype mean class (i.e. type of ticket)
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by esv
Hmm...I wonder how much SK pays for LH's fast tracks in Germany which normally are open to all *G?
Funny, I was thinking the same thing...

This is confusing to say the least. Common sense would be that EBGs and C passengers traveling on an SAS codeshare should be able to use the fast track. Common sense in SAS terms is to introduce a new, great service, with 3 different terms of service confusing employees as much as their most valuable customers..

SAS should do what ALL *A carriers do: Welcome *Gold passengers to their fast tracks. Here in the US, even *S are welcome in the priority check points.

It makes no sense not allowing *G and C passengers on codeshare flights. First of all, there's no way for Adecco or anyone else to monitor this at the security check point. Also, why offer premium check in for *Gold, lounge for *Gold and not offer fast track as a part of this service? SAS serves FRA together with LH, sometimes you are on SK one way, LH on the other. What C product are you selling to your customer if the policy Robbies lady at check in was referring to is true???

Come on SAS. Get the terms in order and make this right (for once). If not, SAS will be the most unfriendly *carrier when it comes to fast track
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
(PS: I did use the fast track (just to prove him wrong). The Adecco super agent just swiped my DC/EBG card and said "have a nice flight"... )
Same rule applies in CPH. And in CPH SK provides a troll to stand at the entrance of the fast track, and this troll knows very well how to check for carrier. I have been sent away once.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tommy777
Come on SAS. Get the terms in order and make this right (for once). If not, SAS will be the most unfriendly *carrier when it comes to fast track
In CPH I think it is a practical/space problem. With the current size of the fast track there are significant queues during peak hours, even with the very restrictive rules.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by larsll
In CPH I think it is a practical/space problem. With the current size of the fast track there are significant queues during peak hours, even with the very restrictive rules.
And that's a good reason for not offering this to *G at other SAS locations?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Crazy rules..and crazy long lines as well , at least in CPH, this morning took more then 15mins...not really fast track in my opinion!!

Dont know how it works in other airports, do SK pay FRAPORT for its passengers to use business security ?? Normally it feels all C passengers (and *G etc are let hrough in FRA ) so it feels really odd if SK only let people travelling SK metal use Fast Track...even thouh it might be good to the lines ??
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:02 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tommy777
SAS should do what ALL *A carriers do: Welcome *Gold passengers to their fast tracks. Here in the US, even *S are welcome in the priority check points.
Is this still a perk in the US? I have been off radar a while but I thought UA removed all perks for non-MP *S.

Last time I was at CPH they people were enthusiastically waving anyone with a LH *S card through fast track. I think it can be quite variable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.