Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:18 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by E.N.
I haven't read all the posts in detail so I don't know if a clear answer has been given on the topic.

It is clearly stated on http://www.sas.no/no/Alt-om-reisen/Fast-Track/ that Fast Track in OSL is available for Business, Eco Extra and EuroBonus Gold on SAS, Widerøe and Blue1 flights.
I think the confusion come in in that it wasn't always so. I have been through FT many times before with my EBG card and a Star Alliance (not SAS) boarding card. I think that they changed the rule at CPH in March this year
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:21 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by view
I was almost ejected from the Fasttrack at OSL today by an overzealous G4S security guard. I denied me entry on an SK economy ticket while showing him my EGB card. He swiped the card, I think his screen said "check ticket" and just pointed to the long regular line and said "go there". I responded that I was EBG on SK metal and pointed out the big sign above his head. He then suggested that I should buy a more expensive ticket if I wanted to use Fasttrack, really quite rude the way he said it. There was now forming a line behind me, and neither of us were budging. He said I could use Fasttrack this time only then. When I suggested he get aqauinted with the rules, he responded "don't get rude with me or I will remove you" in his poor Norwegian (he was not of Norwegian origin). I sensed he meant it, the guy was pretty hostile so I just kept quiet, went through Fasttrack and straight into the Scandinavian lounge and fired off a complaint to SAS. Not a good way to start your "premium" SAS experience!
I would love this to happen to me at CPH... then we could sort out the rules once and for all. Sadly, the staff at CPH are usually nice and know the rules.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommy777
SAS should do what ALL *A carriers do: Welcome *Gold passengers to their fast tracks. Here in the US, even *S are welcome in the priority check points.
Actually, not ALL the carriers do offer Fast Track access- TG, for example, won't even let you CHECK IN in the C area, much less use their fast track as a STAR Gold.

Originally Posted by tommy777
Come on SAS. Get the terms in order and make this right (for once). If not, SAS will be the most unfriendly *carrier when it comes to fast track
They are certainly one of them- and it is even more frustrating because it is not exactly busy....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:51 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by Ozziebob
I would love this to happen to me at CPH... then we could sort out the rules once and for all. Sadly, the staff at CPH are usually nice and know the rules.
Security in CPH Fast Track will not refuse anybody. If there is no SAS employee at the desk checking for Fast Track eligibility, anybody can go through. This is probably due to the ambiguity of the rules governing who can use Fast Track. How can security interpret the rules, when even SAS Fast Track employees that guard the entrance act like a three headed dog, giving different access depending on which "head" you talk to.

I had a "discussion" with a SAS Fast Track dragon as to whether my child traveling with me was entitled to use Fast Track. We were also allowed to pass "this time only then" when I asked if this was the policy for treating Goldmembers. Just what you need at the start of a trip - a rude and condescending scolding by a 20 something.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
I was almost ejected from the Fasttrack at OSL today by an overzealous G4S security guard. I denied me entry on an SK economy ticket while showing him my EGB card. He swiped the card, I think his screen said "check ticket" and just pointed to the long regular line and said "go there". I responded that I was EBG on SK metal and pointed out the big sign above his head. He then suggested that I should buy a more expensive ticket if I wanted to use Fasttrack, really quite rude the way he said it. There was now forming a line behind me, and neither of us were budging. He said I could use Fasttrack this time only then. When I suggested he get aqauinted with the rules, he responded "don't get rude with me or I will remove you" in his poor Norwegian (he was not of Norwegian origin).!

I wished that prick worked at my airport. Then I would really tell him what I thought about his attitude and arrogance.
And everyday I would give him grief just for the heck of it!
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I was almost ejected from the Fasttrack at OSL today by an overzealous G4S security guard. I denied me entry on an SK economy ticket while showing him my EGB card. He swiped the card, I think his screen said "check ticket" and just pointed to the long regular line and said "go there". I responded that I was EBG on SK metal and pointed out the big sign above his head. He then suggested that I should buy a more expensive ticket if I wanted to use Fasttrack, really quite rude the way he said it. There was now forming a line behind me, and neither of us were budging. He said I could use Fasttrack this time only then. When I suggested he get aqauinted with the rules, he responded "don't get rude with me or I will remove you" in his poor Norwegian (he was not of Norwegian origin). I sensed he meant it, the guy was pretty hostile so I just kept quiet, went through Fasttrack and straight into the Scandinavian lounge and fired off a complaint to SAS. Not a good way to start your "premium" SAS experience!
Unbelievable... (actually it isn't )

This thread and other feedback I have gotten about the Fast Track in Oslo tells me something needs to be done.

If you have any problems, write down the name of the person that messes with you, send me a PM and I will take it up with SASNO
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:04 am

Programs: AC Elite
I'm currently sitting in the CPH lounge. I came in to jump all over SAS for not allowing an AC Gold use the fast track. I see now that they treat SK Gold card holders just as bad.

Poor form SK.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: SK*G, Hilton HHonors Silver, IHG Platinum, Scandic 3rd Floor
Each time I swipe my card the screen says "Check ticket" or something like that, despite me being EBG. What is the reason for this? The dreaded SAS IT again?

(I can't believe my first post covered this topic, after lurking for so long)
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:16 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Welcome to FlyerTalk PRGuy!

Nice of you to unlurk. I'm sure that SAS IT will give you something else to write about in the future.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger
I'm currently sitting in the CPH lounge. I came in to jump all over SAS for not allowing an AC Gold use the fast track.
Is everyone (other *G's) doing this as well?

Must be why they are looking so harried in there....I guess I'm guilty of the same, but it's because they (SK) just don't have their act together...but does *any* airline?

I was almost ejected from the Fasttrack at OSL today by an overzealous G4S security guard. I denied me entry on an SK economy ticket while showing him my EGB card. He swiped the card, I think his screen said "check ticket" and just pointed to the long regular line and said "go there". I responded that I was EBG on SK metal and pointed out the big sign above his head. He then suggested that I should buy a more expensive ticket if I wanted to use Fasttrack, really quite rude the way he said it. There was now forming a line behind me, and neither of us were budging. He said I could use Fasttrack this time only then. When I suggested he get aqauinted with the rules, he responded "don't get rude with me or I will remove you" in his poor Norwegian (he was not of Norwegian origin). I sensed he meant it, the guy was pretty hostile....
I have noted this "hostility" (for Scandinavian standards - not quite as much as normal US) at CPH with another similarly-described "guard" there, but it wasn't that bad - I think he (the young guy from another cultural background) just let the "power" bestowed on him run free...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Aug 27, 2008 at 9:35 pm
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
I flew ARN-OSL on Saturday, and when I was going through Fast Track security at ARN there was a big sign saying that Lufthansa SEN/HON + C-pax were allowed to use the Fast Track. As I was in a hurry, I didn't see whether it said anything about SK operated flights only, but just the fact that SEN/HON can use the Fast Track must be an indication that there are changes in the policy? Maybe some "ARN regulars" can confirm this?

Could there possibly be changes on the way at OSL too? I believe they still enforce the stupid "SK operated flights only", even for EBGs on other *A-metal.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by ILS2
I flew ARN-OSL on Saturday, and when I was going through Fast Track security at ARN there was a big sign saying that Lufthansa SEN/HON + C-pax were allowed to use the Fast Track. As I was in a hurry, I didn't see whether it said anything about SK operated flights only, but just the fact that SEN/HON can use the Fast Track must be an indication that there are changes in the policy? Maybe some "ARN regulars" can confirm this?

Could there possibly be changes on the way at OSL too? I believe they still enforce the stupid "SK operated flights only", even for EBGs on other *A-metal.
Denied the use of "Fast Track" in OSL in December on an LH biz ticket...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: SK*G, FI
Originally Posted by ILS2
I have been able to use Fast Track on FI metals at ARN. On the sign it actually says it is for SK C and Y pax but also for EBGs.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:18 pm

Well, as EBP I have used Fast track at ARN flying Air France...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by korpen
I have been able to use Fast Track on FI metals at ARN. On the sign it actually says it is for SK C and Y pax but also for EBGs.
No, it is a fairly large banner where I'm 100% sure that Austrian/Lufthansa logos are printed too, and it mentions SEN/HON/C-pax specifically. As I'm usually in transit at ARN - and therefore rarely go through security - I don't know whether that is a new banner, but it was there on both Thursday and Saturday last week. Maybe Lufthansa has decided to chip in to give their SEN/HON/C-pax Fast Track when flying on LH-metal?

Hopefully it will mean that EBGs soon can use Fast Track at ARN/OSL/CPH when flying on LH-metal too, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If anyone is flying out of ARN in the coming days, then take a second to check what the banner actually says. It would be weird if it actually is a policy change, but that it would only be valid at ARN, and not at other SK Fast Tracks (OSL/CPH).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.