Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by THD
Is this still a perk in the US? I have been off radar a while but I thought UA removed all perks for non-MP *S.

Last time I was at CPH they people were enthusiastically waving anyone with a LH *S card through fast track. I think it can be quite variable.
I have seen two HONs got turned away at CPH, not sure what flight they had.
At ARN they are really tough with Eurobonus only. I have several colleagues with M&M and they are always turned away travelling in M on SK metal.

There must be some interesting story behind this that we do not know of.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:49 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by larsll
In CPH I think it is a practical/space problem. With the current size of the fast track there are significant queues during peak hours, even with the very restrictive rules.
Last time I was entitled to use the fast track in CPH, the lines there were longer than the lines to the normal security. Went through the normal security without even stopping for one second. So yes, there is a space problem in the fast track during peak hours.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:22 am

ARN update

Noted today that there is now a Lufthansa logo behind the SAS logo on the huge fast track signage in T5! No mention of *G.
Also they had 3 Business Class CI desks and 1 First Class CI desk open at 14.30. Must be a record mark!
So I guess everybody travelling in Business Class on LH may now use the Fast Track as well!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I dealt with ARN, OSL, and CPH over the past week.

ARN was empty and this was the first time since they moved the security to the "end" that I did not have C or Y on SK metal. However, I got through with LH C, which is technically not eligible but ridiculous. (One new thing is that they opened a "normal" security next to the FT.) This time I did not get through (first time at ARN) and it did not matter whatsoever because there was noone in the adjacent regular security. I tried to explain to the Securitas nitwit that *Gold but I think that SAS has trained them to specifically reject non-EBGs.

OSL. Again I dealt with a security agent who wanted to see a "gullkort". I showed her my UA card and she seemed confused, but she was a "soft" target and seemed to comprehend that it was a gold card.

CPH. SAS had deployed one of its nastiest beetch matrons to pick a fight with its premium passengers. There was a lengthy argument with the people in front of me. I saw at least one EBG card being wielded but there was apparently, and she was rambling on about "stikprøver". But she relinquished after about 2 minutes of discussion with warnings that it was for once only and don't try it again, but this made her stoked up to fight the next victim in line.... She angrily lectured me that I was a double loser not being EBG and not flying SK metal. Nice......

Yes, there is a LH logo now. I wonder what flight these other people were on. This was about 45 min before a A300 LH flight to FRA that I was taking. (Why is the LH logo there?)

One thing that is really annoying is that the CPH fast track security is designed to bring you to the lounge. If you go the other way then you have a long walk to the main security, wait for ages in a long line and then have to walk through the tax free shopping hell to get to the lounge....... For heaven's sake, how many non-SK *Gs do they get at CPH; extend them the courtesy. Every other airline extends this type of *G benefits to other passengers. Basically, if you are eligible for the lounge then let the person use FT so that they can access it. I am serious about taking this up with *A.

To make the SAS experience worse, I had to check bags (for once) and I had checked in the evening before (staying at Hilton) with a really friendly Swedish guy but needed to drop bags in the am. Why can't they have a premium bag drop line? There was about 2000 people in the regular bag drop line. The Business/*G had 3 people working but every passenger took ages. When I finally arrive the .....y woman does not put a priority tag on it. I ask her to do it and she angrily snaps "why should I do that". I politely ask (all this in Danish), am I not at a * Gold counter? She snaps that it does not mean anything. I also point out that it says UA*G on the boarding pass. Not good enough.... she rudely demands that I show my card.

SAS CPH needs to fire all its Danish female employees over age 45. Can't they find some lower wage, friendlier workers in Skåne.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by THD
Is this still a perk in the US? I have been off radar a while but I thought UA removed all perks for non-MP *S.

Last time I was at CPH they people were enthusiastically waving anyone with a LH *S card through fast track. I think it can be quite variable.
"All perks"? The only thing that UA took away was Economy Plus seating for *S and *G. This was very generous; I think they should have continued with *G but that's life. They also took it away for full fare tickets, which is ridiculous.

*S can still use premium check-in at UA. A UA *S can't use business check-in with SAS.........
Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:07 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I could access FastTrack in CPH while flying SK with my BD*G and no problem...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Fims
I could access FastTrack in CPH while flying SK with my BD*G and no problem...
Which class were you travelling?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:50 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by view
Which class were you travelling?
Ticketed in V-cl, so the P-unishment class
Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:13 pm

Moron gatekeeper at CPH

Had my worst (could it be worse?) gatekeeper at the CPH Fast Track earlier this week. Upon showing my new style Boarding Pass (the ones that have the service class and booking class written next to each other) for CPH-ARN booked in D-class (Business) and thus Y-class (Economy Extra) as class of service and with a bold SK*G written on top (it really stands out on these new boarding passes ^ ). The SAS gatekeeper asks for my EBG card. I say that I will dig for it in my bag but I also asks why he needs it (not being rude or anything). He then replies "Fast Track is only for Business Class". I then point to the D on the boarding pass and he says "Business is C".
I tell him that it is indeed C, D, J and Z but anyhows the big Y is also valid for Fast Track, so what could possibly be a problem with my boarding pass?
The guy doesn´t have a clue at all. Well, he lets me pass upon showing my EBG card. Problem is my colleague without status holding the same exact Boardin Pass (D/Y class). And he will not let her pass! Bloody hell.
I have complained to CR and gotten the reply they will take this up with CPH manager.
Opposite problem at ARN, about 70 pax lined up for Fast Track, regular track was a lot faster yesterday morning.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
I would love to see in all other countries in the premier/gold lane where it says: STAR ALLIANCE GOLD except SAS EBG!
Now that I would cherish!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Tor Viking
I would love to see in all other countries in the premier/gold lane where it says: STAR ALLIANCE GOLD except SAS EBG!
Now that I would cherish!
^
Old Mar 10, 2008, 3:13 am

Programs: EBG
Thumbs up Friendly security

Last weekend, flying with my two kids OSL - BGO (that shall not qualify for fast track), they let me trough with a smile and was very friendly with the kids (the 10month old boy can still not walk by himself - so they carried him for me
Thanks for still having humans at the gate!!^
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:42 am

Got clarification this saturday as I was point blank refused FAST TRACK at CPH as an EBG flying on OS metal (>200.000 points clocked last year)
The guard in the totally empty fasttrack space told me that had the ticket been sk-codeshare flight number it would be ok , but not with the OS flight number.
No way he was going to bend the rules: He said only SAS, Blue1 and widerøe pay for this. So when flying other *-airlines no access even for EBGs, but with a n OK if the ticket is issued as SK codeshare.

Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61i: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/298; U; en))

What a great way to treat your most loyal customers.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
What a great way to treat your most loyal customers.
SAS Logic: most loyal customers who don't fly with SK flights aren't much worth for SAS.

And considering the other thread about the treatment of super loyal EBP customers ... treating EBG like that isn't any kind of surprise. We aren't actually so valuable for SAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.