Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New Service from SAS from March - Live from press-conference

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Service from SAS from March - Live from press-conference

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
B is Y+ within Europe, yes. But how is UA B translated on transatlantic routes where SK B is actually in normal Economy? I am not sure it translates into SK S. Anyone that knows?
My point is that UA BEE fare should translate to YEE on SAS -- the reverse happens when I buy a YEE ticket from SAS.
However, I don't think that it does (or at least there is no indication that it does) when you make a dummy purchase.

The airlines offer these tickets with identical pricing down to the cent and the same terms. Fully refundable. Only restriction is 3 day minimum stay.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
Wow, that's a really amazing fare. (I assume you mean from IAD to Scandinavia). There must be some cheaper way to fly SK Business Class.

There are Z class ex-IAD tickets from $2700+tax from 01MAY with a 50 (!) day advance purchase.
Yes, but 50 day advance is a joke and obviously prevents any business related use.

Ex-IAD the over-priced C is the only realistic option. Historically, C class from the US has been up to twice the price ex-Scandi. I could never understand the reasoning for this.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

An overall service increase if you fly on expensive Y tickets or C, but we will now welcome P class to intra Scandinavian flights. I guess that's the only bad thing. I can live with that since the service up front is getting a lot better
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:51 am

Programs: too many to list
Originally Posted by gnaget
Yes, but 50 day advance is a joke and obviously prevents any business related use.
That is, of course, exactly what SK wants to achieve. For some reason the airlines seem to think that the businesses have endless amount of money to use on their tickets.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
Angry

So this is the promised improvement for SAS service concept! Am I the only one who thinks it's still a joke?

Real change would have been if the flex service concept was expanded to farebasis EMHQ (starting around 400e return intra Europe).

Many Nordic corporate non-CEO-workers have to suffer the company travel (cost save) regulations and take the lowest fare which is flexible. In this case (with the new P-class flexibility) it could be even W farebase (usually you can ask TA to book it at least the Q-base). So not a chance for YBS.. farebasis.

Yeah we have the SK corporate travel pass but usually the flex-tickets are too expensive for the projects and we have to take lowest flex-economy fare possible (non YSB). To have the 'free service' I choose LH for their low eco tickets flexibility or AY for other eco trips.

So good for Tommy777 and others who can decide how to travel. We corporate workers have to take our business elsewere in order to get some free service on board.

Earlier the Scandinavia flights on KF used to be free service but now it's taken away too. I would still love to use SK on my business/leisure travel but now it just seems to be impossible. I would really have hoped more from the new CEO of SAS.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
An overall service increase if you fly on expensive Y tickets or C, but we will now welcome P class to intra Scandinavian flights. I guess that's the only bad thing. I can live with that since the service up front is getting a lot better
SAS New Jersey still does not know about the change. They could not give me ASR and the receipt says "Economy -- food and beverage for sale" even though it's a Y ticket. But someone else says that they are not even selling flex tickets yet.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Q400
So this is the promised improvement for SAS service concept! Am I the only one who thinks it's still a joke?
No but I personally wasn't surprised.

Real change would have been if the flex service concept was expanded to farebasis EMHQ (starting around 400e return intra Europe).
I am not so much interested about company travel, I will usually travel on whatever my company decides

I am more interested on personal travel and the last leisure travel was 440EUR Intra-European travel SK+LH and I must say that I wished that SK would offer something also on those rather expensive Eco tickets. But of course nothing. LH in the other hand offered something in exchange of the fare and I was very positively surprised of them.

So good for Tommy777 and others who can decide how to travel. We corporate workers have to take our business elsewere in order to get some free service on board.
Most of the people are apparently traveling on business purposes but I am actually traveling more on leisure. And I am not always looking for the cheapest tickets but I do not buy Biz class tickets all the time personally.

But I know ... SK doesn't care my type of the people as we do not actually bring so much business for them. It is cheap tickets for leisure and expensive tickets for business travelers type of thinking in SAS and I fall in the between.

I would buy Premium Economy without flexibility if it would have decent fares. But you cannot get that kind of tickets as Premium Economy is just about flexibility for business travelers.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Interestingly they will also start with restricted business on intercontinental routes from Scandinavia from April. A new Z fare will be offered with no changes, no refund but business seating. Will be interesting to see what the pricing will be. No information on pricing yet.

Also interesting to note is that there will be a new fully flexible economy fare (E) which is also seated in economy class, not Extra -> not good for employees to companies that just want lowest priced flexible fare as this won't mean Extra-class anymore...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Point_Chaser
Interestingly they will also start with restricted business on intercontinental routes from Scandinavia from April. A new Z fare will be offered with no changes, no refund but business seating. Will be interesting to see what the pricing will be. No information on pricing yet.
The Z fares were already there in October. I think it's seasonal
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

The Z fares were already there in October. I think it's seasonal
There have only been Z fares from the US to Scandinavia. Not vice versa. At least there are none right now from Scandi.

These new Z fares will be available on all intercontinental routes from Scandinavia all seasons from April!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 4:00 pm

These new Z fares will be available on all intercontinental routes from Scandinavia all seasons from April!
I need to book two tickets to ORD april 29... was planning to buy YUS fare (SEK 19.000:-), but will wait for this, donīt really need the flex, but would like to get rid of the sat rule (conference monday-wednesday).
Any idea when Z will be up for grabs???

Oh, I would also like to get rid of economy seating
Old Mar 22, 2007, 4:05 pm

What? On domestic Swedish as well??? This is contrary to info I've received, and I just don't understand why they would do it on domestic... I guess we'll see next week.
Did ARN-CPH-ARN today and the outbound purser said that she was almost sure Economy Extra will be introduced intra Sweden (I know her from before - she does a lot of ARN-GOT). The inbound crew didnīt have a clue. They did not know anything about any changes to come anywhere.

I still agree with the rest of you - intra Sweden will not happen probably - but if we are complaining about info externally I think they have a problem internally as well!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:09 pm

There have only been Z fares from the US to Scandinavia. Not vice versa. At least there are none right now from Scandi.

There were Z fares last fall from Scandinavia. SAS has also had heavily reduced and restricted business intercont fares during the summer for many years even if they are not called Z's. The actual Z fares were introduced right after the meeting we had with Lasse Lindgren as a test. I think they were going to be seasonal after the initial test he told us they were going to have. I guess the Z fares were popular enough to introduce permanently then.

But I find i very strange that they are not for sale yet if it's a permanent thing, not just a summer thing...
Old Mar 23, 2007, 2:11 am
Original Poster

There were Z fares last fall from Scandinavia. SAS has also had heavily reduced and restricted business intercont fares during the summer for many years even if they are not called Z's. The actual Z fares were introduced right after the meeting we had with Lasse Lindgren as a test. I think they were going to be seasonal after the initial test he told us they were going to have. I guess the Z fares were popular enough to introduce permanently then.

But I find i very strange that they are not for sale yet if it's a permanent thing, not just a summer thing...
OK, didn't catch them back then... Do you remember what price level they were at?

The new fare structure on intercontinental routes are introduced beginning of April. That includes new business fares, new fully flexible economy (plain) fares, and new completely inflexible business fares.
As for the information I've received there shouldn't be any seasonality to the business restricted fares, but we'll see when they are published in a couple of weeks.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
1. Service concept domestic Sweden. I totally agree that the new premium cabin will likely not be available for domestic Sweden. But the two pursers I spoke to today (ARN-GOT + GOT-ARN) was pretty sure. The second specifically mentioned a briefing about this.
Spanair has Business cabin on domestic...
It's confusing to say the least... I'm travelling Swedish domestic both on 25 and 27, so we'll see then. But I've had ASR on my profile seat in the front on a FIX ticket, so that's promising at least!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.