Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New Service from SAS from March - Live from press-conference

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Service from SAS from March - Live from press-conference

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Sounds interesting - especially to see the changes. Too bad that there will not be changes for Silver customers (I am going to be one of them soon).

And also it would be nice to see 25% earning to go away (was quite sad to see my points from 440EUR TMP-CPH-TXL-MUC-CPH-TMP trip).

So business travellers are already in focus but nothing about people who would like to travel in leisure but enjoy the service ...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by tsastor
Blue1 again losing money as h.ll. I wonder how long SAS will continue pouring money there...
I hope that they´ll stay. But last year they made some stupid moves by starting many new routes when Sterling announced that they´ll open 10 or so routes from HEL. Blue1 and Finnair started a very aggressive campaign to get them out of here and they succeeded. Sterling backed out of HEL.

Blue1 also had to use leased planes for months last year. That must´ve cost them a lot. They have a lot of routes, but don´t get almost any business traffic, except domestic Finland, ARN, CPH and OSL. To the rest of their destinations, they fly too rarely and at very inconvenient times.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:17 am

Programs: SK*G
Talking Great news!

• ARN-BKK: Great route! CPH-BKK is always full and notoriously difficult to score an upgrade on. But where will they get the aircraft for this? More route-slashing?
  • EBG free meal service: Another smart move, but needs to be implemented correctly. Perhaps a free choice of sandwhich and drink from the trolley (in addition to free coffee, water and tea) for those who swipe their EBG card? They certainly cannot offer anything less than what other passengers are offered for purchase - that would just feel cheap...
  • Reintroduction of two-class service in Scandinavia: Good move!
  • More fast track security: Great! OSL next?
  • Lower Economy Extra prices: Good news. But will Y,B,S fares actually go down or will more booking classes qualify for this Economy Extra?

I would have liked to see 100% earnings in all classes for EBGs but, I guess we'll have to wait for that...

I agree with Point_Chaser that the focus seems to have shifted towards service, which in my opinion is what has been missing in SAS as of late. New management, new ideas, new focii. Just what I want and just what SAS needs!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:31 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by morradi
I would have liked to see 100% earnings in all classes for EBGs but, I guess we'll have to wait for that...

For that, I think we have to wait for a quite long time...

I agree with Point_Chaser that the focus seems to have shifted towards service, which in my opinion is what has been missing in SAS as of late. New management, new ideas, new focii. Just what I want and just what SAS needs!
Totally agree!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:39 am

Sorry to be one that spoils it all here:

ARN-BKK. All fine - but we all know that they then have to slash another route. As I think I have stated before I am far from impressed with Lasse Lindgrens ability to run International. He has not shown any results so far - apart from putting more intercon routes into his own back yard. Operate a two hub system with a dozen aircraft is bound to fail.

Gold improvements: Nice - but what exactly? The past three trips out of Copenhagen: Grumpy boarding to rude check-in, no prority security if on non-SAS *A, no priority boarding and of course CPH infamous lack of foucs on EBG in upgrade procedures.

Prices: I do not believe it - I think they are just going mess around with the booking clasess.

Just returned from BKK on a Thai U class. Great service all the way from check-in to boarding - and of course in-flight. Very decent seats - and all in for less than DKK 10k for CPH-BKK-CPH. That would on SAS buy me grumpy service, cattle class seat and a " do not think you are anything" attitude.

In summary a lot of hot air - nothing specific. Not good enough.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Come on, let's give them some time..

First, read the presentation. 901/902 will be operated during the summer, ARN-BKK in the winter. Good move.

The announced changes are many of the points we have presented to EB at our meetings.

Very exciting, this will be the turning point for SAS!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:11 am

I have the internal SAS note now!! ALl improvements are confirmed

From SAS BRaathens (sorry, I currently have no info from SAS Sweden/DK, but they will implement these changes as well

EBGs will get meal vouchers
EBGs will get confirmed award seats on all flights if booked 3 months in advance

General improvements
One class domestic Norway. Free breakfast

A new class, Econmy Flex will be renamed Economy Extra and be offered on among other intra Scandinavian flights, so 2 classes are back!! Implemented March 25th

Routes that will get new 2 class with Economy Extra:

Oslo – Alicante
Oslo – Athen
Oslo – Barcelona
Oslo – Las Palmas
Oslo – Lisboa
Oslo – Malaga
Oslo – Nice
Oslo – NapoliOslo – Palma
Oslo – Roma
Oslo – Stockholm
Oslo – København
Bergen – København
Stavanger – København

Free food and drinks, lower prices! (No booking class mick mack)

Business destinations with SAS New business class:
Oslo – Amsterdam
Oslo – Brussel
Oslo – Dublin
Oslo – Düsseldorf
Oslo – Frankfurt
Oslo/Bergen/Stavanger – London
Stavanger – Aberdeen
Oslo – Madrid
Oslo – Manchester
Oslo – Milano
Oslo – Paris
Oslo – Reykjavik
Oslo – Zürich

There are a lot more changes, but I have to work now!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:34 am
esv

This looks very good actually. In the PDF presentation I noticed this under "Intercontinental", any idea what it means?

"More flexible price model for customers
- Full flexibility and class combinability
- World unique"

Originally Posted by tommy777
EBGs will get confirmed award seats on all flights if booked 3 months in advance
Really? All flights, no exceptions, no blackouts? In that case, ^ ^ ^
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:52 am
AHO

I hope SAS does not write in small print like "Valid only SAS European flights".
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by esv
This looks very good actually. In the PDF presentation I noticed this under "Intercontinental", any idea what it means?

"More flexible price model for customers
- Full flexibility and class combinability
- World unique"
This comes from the introduction of one-way fares on intercontinental routes.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:07 am

Expect 100% earning in W class and other cheaper classes this summer and 0% in L/T.

Also expect confirmed upgrades for 30.000 points on intercont.

PS! Not confirmed, but the sources are very reliable
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by AHO
I hope SAS does not write in small print like "Valid only SAS European flights".
ALL flights
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:11 am

Does the free food/beverage option for EBG also apply to Star Alliance Gold flying on SK?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: SK*G
Expect 100% earning in W class and other cheaper classes this summer and 0% in L/T.
^Good news. I must say that I prefer this to the present system. The question is, however, exactly where will SAS draw the dividing line between 100% and 0%? Another interesting point is whether SAS will expand this 'all or nothing' approach to include partners. LH have some great W fares, which I would love to earn 100% on...

^Great!
I, for one, trust you on this, but as we all know, it's all just rumours until it's been confirmed, implemented and experienced!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:38 am
Original Poster

GREAT NEWS!
This is a good day in SAS history I feel! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.