Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New Service from SAS from March - Live from press-conference

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Service from SAS from March - Live from press-conference

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:01 am

Confirmed info on the new Extra

Got the exact same info from two pursers today (different flights):

-The new extra cabin will be intra scandinavian + swedish domestic!
-Food will be equal to what is found today on e.g. CPH-FRA.
-If the extra cabin consists of more than section 1, EBGs will be able to ASR only (if travelling on Y or C ticket).
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
-The new extra cabin will be intra scandinavian + swedish domestic!
What? On domestic Swedish as well??? This is contrary to info I've received, and I just don't understand why they would do it on domestic... I guess we'll see next week.

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
-If the extra cabin consists of more than section 1, EBGs will be able to ASR only (if travelling on Y or C ticket).
So basically no more ASR benefit for EBGs anymore? Y and C (without being EBGs) get ASR as well, so there wouldn't be a difference... Or am I misunderstanding the post? It's a bit cryptic...
Can't see why they wouldn't do it as they do on intra-European flights where ASR is open to EBGs even though there is both C and Y cabins.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Sounds strange. I'm pretty sure there will only be one class within Sweden and I have heard nothing about no ASR for EBGs in the lower classes.

I'm flying OSL-ARN on the 25th. I will report back the service. Im in S class, so up front.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: SK *B (?)
Originally Posted by Point_Chaser
What? On domestic Swedish as well??? This is contrary to info I've received, and I just don't understand why they would do it on domestic...
To tick off the Norwegians, of course.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
According to SAS Sales:

Improved Service Concept and a new Classification for Domestic, Scandinavia and Europe
Introduction
As from 27MAR07, SAS introduces an improved Service Concept for Domestic, Scandinavia and Europe.
This includes an update of classes onboard with better and healthier meals.

European flights
European flights will operate in one-, two- or three-class versions, depending on the flying time and destination.

Scandinavian flights
Flights within Scandinavia will operate with two-class version, Economy Extra and Economy.
Meals are included in Economy Extra.
In Economy, meals, snacks and beverages can be purchased from our "CloudShop" on board.
Note: Complimentary breakfast is served up to and including 30APR07.

Domestic flights
Domestic operations are unchanged for Denmark and Sweden.
Norway is introducing complimentary breakfast.

So now it should be clear....?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:07 am
esv

Yes, how can it get any more clear than this:
European flights will operate in one-, two- or three-class versions, depending on the flying time and destination.
Comparing the service charts for "new concept" and "old concept", I notice:

- No new booking classes included in Economy Extra, only Y/S/B?
- 10 kg extra luggage allowance in Y
- in P-class instead of "Buy On Board" we get "CloudShop", yeah! Wonder how much the consultants charged for that one?

That's about it...

Last edited by esv; Mar 21, 2007 at 10:18 am
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by esv

- in P-class instead of "Buy On Board" we get "CloudShop", yeah! Wonder how much the consultants charged for that one?

That's about it...
SAS hasn't been selling B flex fares for intra-European travel. There has been availability but no fares. (The availability to be used for intercontinental connecting passengers and passengers flying on partner B tickets like the LH BFLEX- fare.)
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:37 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by larsll
SAS hasn't been selling B flex fares for intra-European travel. There has been availability but no fares. (The availability to be used for intercontinental connecting passengers and passengers flying on partner B tickets like the LH BFLEX- fare.)
An annoyance is that UA and SK sells the same fare as BEE and YEE, respectively. When I book with SAS my segments become YEE on SK and on UA they are BEE. However, if I book with UA it's all BEE. Technically that means no Y+ on SK? I would much rather buy my ticket from UA. I get 5000 bonus miles and 2500 EQMs if I buy it on my UA cc from UA. (price = USD 2500)

Now I can't bring up my reservation on www.sas.se after it has been ticketed. I bought it over the phone. What's up with that?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by gnaget
An annoyance is that UA and SK sells the same fare as BEE and YEE, respectively. When I book with SAS my segments become YEE on SK and on UA they are BEE. However, if I book with UA it's all BEE. Technically that means no Y+ on SK? I would much rather buy my ticket from UA. I get 5000 bonus miles and 2500 EQMs if I buy it on my UA cc from UA. (price = USD 2500)
Hmm. No. As long as UA B maps into SK B it is fine. B has been Y+ in Europe all along. It was just no SK fares available in B until now (hence you would end up buying YEE with SK and BEE with UA).
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Hmm. No. As long as UA B maps into SK B it is fine. B has been Y+ in Europe all along. It was just no SK fares available in B until now (hence you would end up buying YEE with SK and BEE with UA).
My point was that I don't want to pay $2500 for a Y+ priced ticket and get bumped to M class because of some silly way that fare buckets translate.

I can't believe that the cheapest C tickets ex-USA are now $7800. Recently it was about $2000 less. I guess they assume that the few bureaucrats and parasites who buy these tickets have a completely inelastic outlook.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by esv

That's about it...
And that P-class looses the free breakfast after 30APR2007 on intra-scandinavian flights.

But of course it must be much better when we can buy it from the "CloudShop". And of course it gets clearer since on domestic flights breakfast will continue to be free for everyone...
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Q400
According to SAS Sales:

Improved Service Concept and a new Classification for Domestic, Scandinavia and Europe
Introduction
As from 27MAR07, SAS introduces an improved Service Concept for Domestic, Scandinavia and Europe.
This includes an update of classes onboard with better and healthier meals.

European flights

Scandinavian flights
Flights within Scandinavia will operate with two-class version, Economy Extra and Economy.
Meals are included in Economy Extra.
In Economy, meals, snacks and beverages can be purchased from our "CloudShop" on board.
Note: Complimentary breakfast is served up to and including 30APR07.

Domestic flights
Domestic operations are unchanged for Denmark and Sweden.
Norway is introducing complimentary breakfast.

So now it should be clear....?
Yeah right! Isn't it funny that SK offer Economy Extra and Economy on intra-scandinavian routes but they sell tickets in the following booking classes even after 01APR: TLKUWQHMEJDC

Note the lack of BSY fares... What kind of people are working at SAS nowadays?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:34 pm

B is Y+ within Europe, yes. But how is UA B translated on transatlantic routes where SK B is actually in normal Economy? I am not sure it translates into SK S. Anyone that knows?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Point_Chaser
What? On domestic Swedish as well??? This is contrary to info I've received, and I just don't understand why they would do it on domestic... I guess we'll see next week.
So basically no more ASR benefit for EBGs anymore? Y and C (without being EBGs) get ASR as well, so there wouldn't be a difference... Or am I misunderstanding the post? It's a bit cryptic... .
1. Service concept domestic Sweden. I totally agree that the new premium cabin will likely not be available for domestic Sweden. But the two pursers I spoke to today (ARN-GOT + GOT-ARN) was pretty sure. The second specifically mentioned a briefing about this.
Spanair has Business cabin on domestic...

2. ASR for EBGs. Of course ASR will still be avilable - I´m talking about weight balance section 1 (on MD and 737 equals row 1-5) which has been available only to C and D class pax + EBGs on any fare. This means only that the semi-premium cabin on scandinavian and swedish domestic will no longer be available to EBGs travelling on M-fares.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget
I can't believe that the cheapest C tickets ex-USA are now $7800.
Wow, that's a really amazing fare. (I assume you mean from IAD to Scandinavia). There must be some cheaper way to fly SK Business Class.

There are Z class ex-IAD tickets from $2700+tax from 01MAY with a 50 (!) day advance purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.