Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:51 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by nacho
It's like the best chocolate maker in the world that went bankrupt - that idiot only thinks about the Danish market - they can't beat an established one Peter Beier AND we are all too poor (because our government robs us to hell with high taxes) to pay for this. That idiot should have opened a shop in Tokyo or NYC.
Peter Beier is the one you are talking about?

I actually never heard of it!
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

On Store Kongensgade by Kongens Nytorv. We are increasingly making it a habit to stop by when in Copenhagen.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

No, that's the thing. It's a small artisan style factory everything handmade from somewhere on Sjaelland.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

The last chocolate amenities I got from SAS were from some chocolate supplier in Malmo. Probably cheaper for SAS than Peter Beier.

Peter Beier Chocolate used to be at CPH as a pretty prominent retailer at the airport.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
So when coming off the train from CPH-Hyllie-Trianglen to Malmö C this morning, at Malmo C on the platform Customs suddenly stopped a woman who had boarded at Hyllie and come out of the bathroom about 7-8 minutes later at Malmo C. Happened to be a major firm’s lawyer who was stopped, based on the questions asked and the answers given.

Seems like Swedish Customs still thinks the border-crossing train bathrooms are prime hiding spots for contraband to be smuggled across and picked up by the contraband-smuggling planters or accomplices. In the meantime, the bulk of the contraband of the sort being sought by Customs when it comes to train passengers is coming in via road and boat, not rail.
It's like the Swedish police pulling people over at noon close to supermarkets (no there is no system there) in Lund for alcohol test

Originally Posted by vanillabean
On Store Kongensgade by Kongens Nytorv. We are increasingly making it a habit to stop by when in Copenhagen.
Personally, it's way overpriced like almost everything in DK. Their favours are good but we prefer picking Lindt/Hachez up from outlet in Germany, a little less nice but it's a lot cheaper.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
It's like the Swedish police pulling people over at noon close to supermarkets (no there is no system there) in Lund for alcohol test
Convenient lunch break at an otherwise slow time?

Maybe they think alcoholics are more likely to go grocery shopping after waking up with a hangover closer to noon time than at 7-8am. It’s also one way to not annoy as much of the the villa, Volvo, vovve crowd whose prime grocery shopping time is between 3:30pm and 5:45pm on weekdays and Saturday mornings.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the Swedish police has to do "n" alcohol checks in Skane per month, so they need to find out where they can pull people off safely (e.g. by the bridge - people have to stop anyway. Mr was stopped a few times for that). It also seemed that Lund had more checks than Malmo.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Behind a pay wall, but the point seems to be that beyond the 3 weekly to Tokyo that has been reinstated recently, no more flights to Asia while the Russian airspace is closed. Though I have to admit my expectations was wrong, I did not see even the three Haneda coming back while they had to fly around Russia.

https://check-in.dk/sas-topchef-ikke-mere-asien-trafik/
gojko88 and SK2751 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:17 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Bad news. I was really hoping for HKG to come back later in the year.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Bad news. I was really hoping for HKG to come back later in the year.
We just need a war to end.... And then a few roughed feathers in international relations to be smoothed....
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:29 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
We just need a war to end.... And then a few roughed feathers in international relations to be smoothed....
I was inclined to write that I am in support of more NATO involvement just so I could get my SK flights to HKG this autumn, but thought it might be a little too distasteful of a joke.

On a more serious note, yes we do. I would hope that the war ends for both sides sake, but on the other hand I don't see this realistically happening anytime soon, unless Russia dissolves at some point. Russian victory at this point is pretty much impossible (and should be prevented at all cost), Ukrainian victory will take months to years of slowly bleeding Russia out. At no point should the war be shortened at the cost of Ukrainian sovereignty, which sadly does take precedent over my vacation flight plans. :P I sadly feel such occurrences with global destabilisation becoming more common in the future, especially regarding China...

I just hope for the best. (And that I can enjoy global travels again without having to sacrifice any western ideals or with SK going under).
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I was inclined to write that I am in support of more NATO involvement just so I could get my SK flights to HKG this autumn, but thought it might be a little too distasteful of a joke.

On a more serious note, yes we do. I would hope that the war ends for both sides sake, but on the other hand I don't see this realistically happening anytime soon, unless Russia dissolves at some point. Russian victory at this point is pretty much impossible (and should be prevented at all cost), Ukrainian victory will take months to years of slowly bleeding Russia out. At no point should the war be shortened at the cost of Ukrainian sovereignty, which sadly does take precedent over my vacation flight plans. :P I sadly feel such occurrences with global destabilisation becoming more common in the future, especially regarding China...

I just hope for the best. (And that I can enjoy global travels again without having to sacrifice any western ideals or with SK going under).
Without going too omni, if the war ends with a Russian victory, there is a good chance that the sanctions will continue a good bit beyond the cessation of actual warfare. So that outcome is probably more long term for aviation that it is for end of the bloodshed.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:13 am
Suspended

Are there any SE European/Asian/African-operated SAS codeshare flights flying over Russian airspace?

US airlines can be fast to pull codeshares in the face of bad publicity or government action. Not so sure about SAS in this regard, as they historically seem to be more globally thin with code-sharing than bigger airlines.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are there any SE European/Asian/African-operated SAS codeshare flights flying over Russian airspace?

US airlines can be fast to pull codeshares in the face of bad publicity or government action. Not so sure about SAS in this regard, as they historically seem to be more globally thin with code-sharing than bigger airlines.
Apart from the Chinese members, I don't think any Star Alliance carriers goes over Russia. Cathay has also returned their New York flights to Russian airspace.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Apart from the Chinese members, I don't think any Star Alliance carriers goes over Russia. Cathay has also returned their New York flights to Russian airspace.
Air India, Turkish, Ethiopian and EgyptAir are keeping out of Russian airspace?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.