Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
plus my nordic wife loves SAS business although she has not flown it for about 10 years.
Well, then she'll for sure enjoy the new business class. From a hard product still one of the best in Europe. And if you can stomach the catering and Nordic service mentality.... well, you''re up for a treat
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I'm looking at MUC-EWR//IAD-MUC on SK for 1750€ in Z, 1450 for kids. Great prices, cheaper than miles ticket (110k+536€ in M&M on the direct LH flights) and earns ~16k status miles on M&M... plus my nordic wife loves SAS business although she has not flown it for about 10 years.
Hah for ten years! Strong love for such long ”divorce time”
the new J cabin is much better. i love it much!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
We have fond memories of SAS business... back in 2004-06 in the old old C when we got upgraded on our US trips both ways just for me asking nicely as lowly LH*S, then in the old C on bmi awards. In her last flight in 2008 the crew on ARN-ORD went out of their way to comfort her flying alone with our almost one year old. When I picked her up in ORD she greeted me with: 'did you arrange anything? The crew was so nice? Are you sure you didn't tell your SAS contacts I was flying alone?'

I have flown the new C quite a few times now and like the seat, but the crew and IFE is rather meh... price wise the sub 1800€ business tickets are currently on offer by LO & TP too. TP books into J, which gives 200% in M&M, and it would be nice to try out the new A339 on the new Recaro business seat that LH will also install in the B779, but its a detour, slightly more expensive and they don't fly to IAD.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
We have fond memories of SAS business... back in 2004-06 in the old old C when we got upgraded on our US trips both ways just for me asking nicely as lowly LH*S, then in the old C on bmi awards. In her last flight in 2008 the crew on ARN-ORD went out of their way to comfort her flying alone with our almost one year old. When I picked her up in ORD she greeted me with: 'did you arrange anything? The crew was so nice? Are you sure you didn't tell your SAS contacts I was flying alone?'

I have flown the new C quite a few times now and like the seat, but the crew and IFE is rather meh... price wise the sub 1800€ business tickets are currently on offer by LO & TP too. TP books into J, which gives 200% in M&M, and it would be nice to try out the new A339 on the new Recaro business seat that LH will also install in the B779, but its a detour, slightly more expensive and they don't fly to IAD.
TP will likely be at IAD at some point this year.

https://www.flydulles.com/iad/tap-ai...ort-and-lisbon
jerjeffr likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: SK-EBD

Researching for a vacation flight today I found this absurdity:
I never see this from CPH/OSL/ARN, at least not to this extreme. SAS pampers non-Scandinavians (travellers starting from outside Scandinavia) better, especialy with regards to business-fares.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
I never see this from CPH/OSL/ARN, at least not to this extreme. SAS pampers non-Scandinavians (travellers starting from outside Scandinavia) better, especialy with regards to business-fares.
I have seen such dynamic before for trips from ARN/CPH/OSL, sometimes even a bit more extreme than this — at least when it involves at least one connection from those airports.

Given how few non-Scandinavians seem to be on my TATL SK flights, SK doesn’t “pamper” us enough. But they try a little by at times, just not a whole lot in my experience.

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is a very common thing for carriers to pamper people outside of their home market. E.g. look at all the discussions about ex EU fares in the BA forum. And I can just look at what JAL would charge me if I started in Seoul rather than in Tokyo. SK is not doing anything here that all other airlines are not doing.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is a very common thing for carriers to pamper people outside of their home market. E.g. look at all the discussions about ex EU fares in the BA forum. And I can just look at what JAL would charge me if I started in Seoul rather than in Tokyo. SK is not doing anything here that all other airlines are not doing.
Same in AY forum with discussions about starting in TLL, BUD, and what have you not for cheaper fares.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:26 pm

SK has a long history of very nice ex-Germany pricing. I know quite a lot of colleagues from big German companies which fly SK a lot to PEK, PVG and NRT rather than LH because of cheaper (and arguably better) J class.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
SK has a long history of very nice ex-Germany pricing. I know quite a lot of colleagues from big German companies which fly SK a lot to PEK, PVG and NRT rather than LH because of cheaper (and arguably better) J class.
When I used to travel a fair bit Berlin and Tokyo from Copenhagen, I would combine things so my Tokyo flights started and ended in Berlin. You could even do Copenhagen stop overs at German pricing back then, maybe you stil can.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GUWonder

TP will likely be at IAD at some point this year.

https://www.flydulles.com/iad/tap-ai...ort-and-lisbon
Yes, they already operate out of IAD, I looked at the wrong dates, no flights on Saturday.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It happens frequently, PE cheaper than E is very common, C cheaper than PE is rare but I see it enough. Usually to ORD from ARN (doesn't happen on the LAX route).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It happens frequently, PE cheaper than E is very common, C cheaper than PE is rare but I see it enough. Usually to ORD from ARN (doesn't happen on the LAX route).
I would not be surprised if many OTAs don't even show you prices in Y+ when you are asking for Y- (and similarly for C and Y+). This way the large part of the market would not even be aware that an anomaly occurred (perpetuating it).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SK2751
I would not be surprised if many OTAs don't even show you prices in Y+ when you are asking for Y- (and similarly for C and Y+). This way the large part of the market would not even be aware that an anomaly occurred (perpetuating it).
Yep, even OTA for corporate travel. I did a search for flights for a business trip Mr. needed to go back in December. AI has a fare that has Z fare from CPH-DEL which is the same price as Y fare, I sent the itinerary to Mr and he forwarded to his corporate OTA (his employer only allows direct flight with SK booked via concur online, everything else has to go through that OTA). They booked him on Y fare and he replied and told them to follow the booking code and they finally got the Z fare booked. He had to get his superior's approval despite the fare is the same before getting the ticket ticketed.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
It would be exactly the same for me. Often it is better to suffer lower quality than ask for permission. People making exceptions to the rules all the time are looked upon here ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.