Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The FFP pays if the pax is not entitled to lounge access (like *G in eco), but not with real cash, just some credit/debit in the Starnet clearing house.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
SAS Longhaul drink service

Hi,
Sorry if it was already discussed, but does SAS still sell drinks between meals on long haul (in SAS Go) or is it back to complimentary bar all the way?

It's not clear in the picture (earlier it was clearly said that one has to purchase drinks between meals).

Thanks,
Q400
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
So why would one fly with SK if you can pick LX instead? Even heavily discounted LX Y gives you food and drink on board and chocolate too.
Cheap economy class fares on SK metal give more miles in more Star Alliance programs than cheap economy class fares on LX metal.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wazow
Olivier, I thought that I read on this forum that in *A is the carrier not the FFP that pays for the lounge visits? Has that changed recently? Or did I confuse alliances?
Paying money, calculated on a per visitor basis, to the lounge operator for those who access a lounge when flying economy class using FFP elite status (Star Gold/ST ElitePlus/OW Sapphire/OW Emerald)? The operating carriers transporting the passenger have some legally documented history of paying while in Star Alliance, Oneworld or Skyteam. Star Alliance not so much as in SkyTeam.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Q400
Hi,
Sorry if it was already discussed, but does SAS still sell drinks between meals on long haul (in SAS Go) or is it back to complimentary bar all the way?

It's not clear in the picture (earlier it was clearly said that one has to purchase drinks between meals).

Thanks,
Q400
It's complimentary drinks (and spirits) during meal service in SAS GO and BoB in between meals apart from water, coffee and tea that is always free of charge.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA1k,AA Plat,HH Diamond
Hello!

So I will be flying ARN-CPH and then CPH-OSL this coming August. I booked the ticket through UA and it is being advertised as a business class flight on UA. Obviously this is no longer the case, but can I assume that Plus does indeed get free food and drink? Does plus also have a seperate cabin near the front or is it simply like UA where you can choose seats the near the front of the aircraft?

Best,

Sdstudent.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SDstudent
Hello!

So I will be flying ARN-CPH and then CPH-OSL this coming August. I booked the ticket through UA and it is being advertised as a business class flight on UA. Obviously this is no longer the case, but can I assume that Plus does indeed get free food and drink? Does plus also have a seperate cabin near the front or is it simply like UA where you can choose seats the near the front of the aircraft?

Best,

Sdstudent.
It is a separate cabin that is separated by a piece of cardboard or something like that on top of a seat back or two.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:07 am
Community Director Emerita

.. can I assume that Plus does indeed get free food and drink? Does plus also have a seperate cabin near the front or is it simply like UA where you can choose seats the near the front of the aircraft?
I flew OSL-LHR this week. The only indication of the Plus section of the aircraft is a small yellow sign, perhaps half the size of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper that is stuck on the back of the last row of seats. If you are on a flight before 9am, you get a box of breakfast food including yogurt, juice, and a couple more foods. If it is a later flight, you get your choice of BOB food. This includes sandwiches, wraps, Pringles, and a candy bar. You also get a soft drink for free.

Only book "business" for a European flight if it is part of a longer trip for which you would be paying the points anyway. It is absolutely not worth the additional points if solely a European itinerary unless you have no status at all and value the luggage allowance and access to the SAS lounge.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:28 am

Programs: UA1k,AA Plat,HH Diamond
New: SAS Go and SAS Plus, no more eco and biz

Thanks for your kind and informative responses! I find it really annoying that united still advertises this as a business class flight when it's clearly a premium economy product, while my itinerary is indeed part of a longer business class trip originating in the states I still find this change an irritating down grade of a premium product.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:05 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Thanks for your kind and informative responses! I find it really annoying that united still advertises this as a business class flight when it's clearly a premium economy product, while my itinerary is indeed part of a longer business class trip originating in the states I still find this change an irritating down grade of a premium product.
All intra scandinavian flights has been economy extra (now PLUS) and economy only for years! so there are no real changes here except for some fine tuning in the concept. They are still selling booking class C as connections to intercontinental business and fully flexible tickets..
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:41 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SK1989
All intra scandinavian flights has been economy extra (now PLUS) and economy only for years! so there are no real changes here except for some fine tuning in the concept.
I understand what you are saying. What has changed is that as of early June, UA has begun offering domestic flights as two class, and charging additional points for what is only economy plus. A coach ticket is 12.5K points and a business class ticket is 20K - but really, it's still coach. For those of us who haven't flown SAS before, and don't realize that SAS is all coach for domestic flights, we get excited thinking we are being offered a genuine business class product.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: UA *G MM
For a non-status passenger on the ARN-CPH-OSL triangle with UA business award it was arguably worse before. SK treated your ticket as Y class, which meant no lounge access. Now they treat it as C class.

Having the C availability with UA awards on domestic SK flights is not bad for an emergency situation. Because it looks like they are available on each and every flight.

If you need to be in Malmo tomorrow tonight and all flights to CPH are sold out and the cheapest domestic fare to MMX is SEK 4000 then it's nice to be able to fly for free.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It seems plus will earn 200% of miles on longhaul, ie same rate as business. I got this of the booking engine, sample route CPH-NRT earns 22800 miles in B, S, Z and D.
Is that correct?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
We just flew on SK from MUC to CPH on a jam-packed flight in Plus.

Bad:

Everyone just wanted to run on board to get overhead stowage, exactly what happens in the US. However, no real controls with LH ground handling - failed to mention families first. (LH usually announces this)

Further, since everyone was blocking the single entry for biz/plus/status holders, we couldn't get on board before the masses started boarding.

No blocked seats, which meant that Plus cabin had almost 100% seats filled. I was lucky and had a seat free next to me - the only one on the plane.

(Once on board (imprisoned in the new SAS-style prison plane) it was total chaos with everyone scrambling to find overhead space on the A319, and no FAs every bothering to help/assist/guide)

Good:

Salad with chicken was decent, but FAs could barely finishing to serve this highly-concentrated Plus cabin before landing! (5 rows of Plus)

Overall, SK trying to be a LCC is ridiculous - why don't they just capitulate and become LCC throughout their system and then Norwegian ^ will probably take advantage and offer a biz cabin!

Oh yes, of course SAS managed to offload/not load all our suitcases when connecting at CPH onwards, even though we were flying biz and also had priority tags, but preferred to put on board some kids soccer club's bags. SK rep at airport while filing claim stated that procedure was to make sure to load priority luggage first...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Reminds me of a few years ago at LHR. I have a C class revenue ticket. Idiot crashes the baggage truck into the plane. Aircraft disabled due to dent. I get off, rush to lounge and get a seat in C on the next flight (they were flying in a plane for my original flight, which would take hours). I go to eat at a restaurant. I get paged. Sorry, we are kicking you off the flight because some children in economy (from my original flight) have higher priority. Why don't you then IDB an economy passenger? No, no, we can't do that. The flight showed C2Y0M0 when I got a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.