Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
I understand the balancing requirements perfectly. I was just surprised that the go class was as empty as it was. Maybe I overestimated the popularity of a 4 pm departures, I just looked at thte schedule and there are plenty later departures. (none of them being very well booked this coming sunday though)
I am not sure that either Copenhagen or Oslo sees a big influx of leisure travellers in mid November. Maybe once the Xmas lights and shopping kick in, and after that skiing season in Norway gets in action. But November, I would think the leisure traffic goes to ther cities. Just guessing.
Old May 26, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
SAS Plus - Europe - ''Booking Class - A''

Dear all,
I am very fascinated by the SAS Plus, especially the booking class A.

I got some questions.

1. How many seats are actually in the booking class A normally?
2. Are the A booking class seats available all the way until departure or do they disappear quick?
3. If I book an A booking class from A --> C, and then decide to fly later from A --> B --> C, still in booking class 'A' do I have to pay more? (Normally do this, because the A -->B --> C flies at a later time)

Many thanks,

SB
Old May 26, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: *G
Don't have a huge knowledge about the subject, but I do know that I've some times seen booking class A a few weeks out, I don't know if this classifies as dissapearing quick.
For 3: It depends on the fare price of A -> C and A->B->C, as the latter will probably be a bit more expensive you'll have to pay the difference. I have a booking CPH-BCN-ARN-CPH, if I attempt to change it to CPH-BCN-CPH it says I'm entitled to a refund of about 15€ (haven't attempted to change it) but changing it the other way would only cost the ~15€
Old May 26, 2014, 12:55 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
1. Depends on when the ticket is being purchased. I find A tends to either sell out or be zeroed out closer to the date of departure but there have been occasions when I have managed to purchase A fares within a few days of departure. If departure is a long way off I typically see A9 so more than 9 seats available.

2. As per 1.

3. Really depends on which cities are A, B & C. Typically the routing rules of the fares will be A-C if SK flies direct and A-B-C where B is almost always CPH and occasionally may include ARN or OSL. Free stopovers are allowed in B. It depends on the routing rules of the city pair that you wish to fly. If you visiting B is not allowed in your fare rules, then a new fare will need to be constructed.
Old May 26, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
1. Booked A fare over month ago and it is still available for HEL-ARN-MAD flight departing after 2.5 weeks from today.

3. Go to change your booking section on SAS website, you´ll see alternatives and fees there. I could change my booking to go via CPH instead of ARN with 0.00€ fees.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
How refundable are SAS Plus tickets?

Are SAS Plus tickets fully refundable, except the booking charge (30 kr)?

( I am not asking about the 24 hour cancellation rule that applies to all tickets ).

On the flight I am looking at, it states that ticket and fuel surcharge are refundable.
But what about the costs mentioned under tax etc.
In my case there is :
Passenger Service Charge
Departure Passenger Airport Tax
Fuel and security charge

Are these then non-refundable? Or are they considered part of the ticket?
I don't usually fly Plus so I have no experience with refunded tickets.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am interested in the same, if anyone has first-hand experience cancelling Plus ticket.

This has been earlier asked on FTalk, with answers "yes it is fully refundable", but the wording on SAS website is ambiguous and really leaves some room for doubt whether you have all your money back. Therefore real experience would be nice!
Old May 27, 2014, 10:05 am

I just called SAS costumer service. According to them the full amount is refundable ( except the 30 kr booking fee ). I mentioned the passenger service charge, departure charge and fuel and security charge and asked them if they then saw that as part of the ticket and they answered yes. I must mention that they started off by asking me where I was going ( Israel ).
Old May 27, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
There are PLUS tickets and PLUS flexible tickets. How do they differ then?
Old May 27, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by wazow
There are PLUS tickets and PLUS flexible tickets. How do they differ then?
As far as I understand the only difference is if you want to change your ticket ( to another departure ).
With a Plus ticket you have to pay the extra amount if the new ticket cost more than the original one.
With a Plus flexible you can change to any ticket regardless of cost.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have cancelled Plus tickets both on long haul and in Europe, and even booking class A (cheapest Plus) was refunded fully except the 30 dkk booking fee. I got an email within 30 minutes of cancelling confirming the amount to be transferred to my card,and within 2 days I could see it online on my credit card statement.

I have also made a fair number of rebookings (record is 5 for the same ticket), I have even changed from a higher booking class to A, and gotten the difference between the two refunded.

So I would say, generally very flexible.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:42 am

Thank you very much.
Good to hear it confirmed from someone who has had experience with it.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:51 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
There is an exception. It is possible to combine SK and LH fares on a half round trip basis. While SK does not place restrictions on refunds in Plus, even on fare basis A, LH does place restrictions and often includes text that the most restrictive rules apply to the whole itinerary. For instance combining a Z fare on LH and a A fare on SK intra Europe will result in a €50 penalty upon cancellation, even on the SK segments. Got stung by this recently.

Wholly SK-flown itineraries are no problem. Full refund of everything.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
Yes, they are refundable (except from 30 kr. fee). Have had tons of PLUS tickets refunded. You just have to call them to get them refunded. Hopefully this will soon be possible online.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Frequie
Yes, they are refundable (except from 30 kr. fee). Have had tons of PLUS tickets refunded. You just have to call them to get them refunded. Hopefully this will soon be possible online.
As far as I can see it is possible to refund tickets on-line. I haven't tried it though.

Link to Danish SAS refund ticket formular :
http://www.sas.dk/kontaktsiden/konta...avbestill_rev/

Link to Flysas.com refund ticket formular :
http://www.flysas.com/en/s/scandcont...efund/cnl_tkt/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.