Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
But to the point: Have I misunderstood the “choose whatever you want concept” (with some decent limitations, CPHstudent, not for take-away!)?? Has the serviceconcept been changed (for the worse)? Or was the young hostess just very bad informed?
Please don't blame me for this question
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Flew Frankfurt to Copenhagen last Friday after 4pm. We were offered the evening meal, and chocolate muffins, and anything else we wanted. I also noticed Monday at a noon flight that the Ramlösa came in a glass glass, thought that was only for the large meal after 4pm.
Copenhagen flight they ask very proactively, not so on the London flight.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Does anyone know how it works if you fly late evening/night on European flights.
In my case a flight of 4 1/2 hours leaving at about 11 pm.
Do they have any food on board at all or do they expect the passangers to just go to sleep?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
SAS Plus Ticket - Same Day Changes?

I've purchased an SAS Plus ticket FRA-ARN-HEL so as to give myself extra flexibility for an upcoming trip. I see that ticket changes are free (though it would appear that if your original fare class is unavailable, you have to upgrade fare basis/pay differential).

What about same day changes? I may end up getting into FRA earlier enough to take a flight at 9am instead of my 5:45pm. With a Plus ticket, are gate agents generally ok about letting you standby for an earlier flight? I'm coming in most likely on UA, with carry on only. Is the best strategy to go to a Star (presumably LH?) connections counter? Can one stay within the secure area UA:SK or do you have to exit out altogether?

It appears there are no SK lounges in FRA, so I am assuming all check-in and gate handling is provided by LH?

Appreciate any tips and historical experiences ^
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:10 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Same day standby is not a common practice in Europe as it is in North America. To change to an earlier flight, you will need to follow the procedure for changing the ticket, so if your original fare bucket is no longer available then the you will need to pay to upgrade the fare.

Not sure about the LH counters whether they are helpful or not.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: EBD
All handling is performed by LH in FRA, so if you don't do your changes online, you'll have to see a LH-counter, but it can by done airside, you don't have to exit to do that.
As said, standby is not a European thing, and I doubt that you'll have any luck at the gate with that.

LH have great lounges in FRA that you are free to use with a SAS Plus-ticket.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: SK Diamond
If you only have a carry-on, your chance is fairly good I think. I have several times free of charge changed to an earlier plane with SK - and that in Go, even on youth fare tickets (but I do think the status was helping).

Try to ask as early as posisble, and if you get a no, try again with the gate agent or maybe call SAS. If not, enjoy the lounge access.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Try to ask as early as posisble, and if you get a no, try again with the gate agent or maybe call SAS. If not, enjoy the lounge access.
LH gate agents in FRA will most probably not be able to help you. Also the LH ticketing counters might be send you away and refer you to SAS.

Best approach is to call SAS as soon as you can and get the itinerary changed. If the same fare bucket is available it can be done in 5 minutes over the phone - and they will also directly check you in so you can proceed to the gate right away.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:16 pm

plus tickets are refundable except the whatever booking fee you get depending on which country side you use for booking(30DKK/SEK/NOK, 10€,something), so if you know that you'll be able to cancel it, you could buy both and refund one of them with the small extra booking fee. (only if you can cancel it!)
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:50 pm

I'm not sure that is a good idea.. this kind of booking two flights where it is pretty much clear you will only take one is nothing the airlines like. Did that with LH once and resulted in both flights canceled by the carrier. I was lucky as I told them it was a mistake and they reinstated one of them.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:44 am

Yikes, didn't think about that happening!
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Interesting, and I think important, data point:

I tried to cancel online my PLUS ticket (which I had originally booked PLUS, but later changed the dates within same PLUS category but higher tix price). It was not possible, said the SK website, and referred to contact customer service. I called. The agent said that I will get refunded only the original price of the original PLUS ticket, which was some 300€, but I will lose the extra 200€ involved in the higher price of the changed PLUS tix.
I cannot understand the rationale with this why such rules , has anybody an idea or experience of the same?

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have cancelled Plus tickets both on long haul and in Europe, and even booking class A (cheapest Plus) was refunded fully except the 30 dkk booking fee. I got an email within 30 minutes of cancelling confirming the amount to be transferred to my card,and within 2 days I could see it online on my credit card statement.

I have also made a fair number of rebookings (record is 5 for the same ticket), I have even changed from a higher booking class to A, and gotten the difference between the two refunded.

So I would say, generally very flexible.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I have some good experiences with this. I also arrived early on a flight at FRA and would be able to make the earlier connection to OSL. Airside service desk staff of LH is usually good at handling this. If you're very short on connection time you may try directly at the gate (I once got reprimanded by the LH service desk counter in FRA for not doing this, where SK staff in OSL told me I had to... nice world we live in), as staff there also has possibilities to change your flight.
Most important is to be very friendly and constructive. For some reason that seems to work best. At least you can just try if you have enough time to make it.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by FFlash
Interesting, and I think important, data point:

I tried to cancel online my PLUS ticket (which I had originally booked PLUS, but later changed the dates within same PLUS category but higher tix price). It was not possible, said the SK website, and referred to contact customer service. I called. The agent said that I will get refunded only the original price of the original PLUS ticket, which was some 300€, but I will lose the extra 200€ involved in the higher price of the changed PLUS tix.
I cannot understand the rationale with this why such rules , has anybody an idea or experience of the same?
I do not have first hand experience with this, but from what colleagues have told me this is definitely not meant to be the case. Do some agent roulette!

I just made one of these changes today (from B to C class), and may end up cancelling it later on in the week depending on work.

One point in general is that if you have flown one way of the ticket it can no longer be cancelled online - you have to call up.

I like the awesome flexibility on the PLUS tickets even in cheap booking classes, sure you pay fare difference if not full flex, but everything is rebookable and possible to cancel at short notice.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by skba1
this is definitely not meant to be the case. Do some agent roulette!

I just made one of these changes today (from B to C class), and may end up cancelling it later on in the week depending on work.

I agree this cannot be meant to be the case, since I don't see any reason for so, SK would not lose anything here, but is now rather making customer irritated.
I should have done some agent rulette, but I was stupid to not think of calling another agent at that time Finally I ended up using the ticket since it was for some purpose anyway even if I had preferred to cancel it due to some work changes.

Please report here your experience if you end up cancelling your already once changed ticket. I will have some fire on SK if your case will have proven different from mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.