Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SAS is currently just limping on to survive. The measures are either to make the bride pretty for new investors or satisfy current investors/stakeholders. LH won't touch them unless the employee structure is revamped (similar to the VO/OS switch).
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SAS is currently just limping on to survive. The measures are either to make the bride pretty for new investors or satisfy current investors/stakeholders. LH won't touch them unless the employee structure is revamped (similar to the VO/OS switch).
Yes I think it's probably cheaper for LH to start a new airline than to takeover SAS.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by nacho
Yes I think it's probably cheaper for LH to start a new airline than to takeover SAS.
That is what they have done with regard to their own airline, by starting Germanwings...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I flew Plus yesterday and it's not fun when the cabin is full. The guy on the aisle was even trying to pay for the crappy food.

The sandwich that you get for free on LH short-haul eco is better than what SK sells.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by gnaget
I flew Plus yesterday and it's not fun when the cabin is full.
Don't you get a blocked middle seat in Plus?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Don't you get a blocked middle seat in Plus?
Nope. Plus is like the old Eco extra with worse food and drink.

Go is now better in my opinion because the exit rows are usually in the Go part of the plane.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:17 am

Nope. Plus is like the old Eco extra with worse food and drink.

Go is now better in my opinion because the exit rows are usually in the Go part of the plane.
Wow! How bad can SAS make it?

We had some biz awards and revenue (full Y) tix on SAS, and I was able to allocate middle seats in the front of the plane - wondering why that was...

Now we know!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Wow! How bad can SAS make it?

We had some biz awards and revenue (full Y) tix on SAS, and I was able to allocate middle seats in the front of the plane - wondering why that was...

Now we know!
"Full Y" would have been eco extra in the old days where they had middle seats. And intra-ARN-CPH-OSL flights only had an eco extra section even though they sold C class tickets, especially if you were connecting. So this is a lot like what "Plus" is today systemwide, although food and drink is worse now.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I flew Plus yesterday and it's not fun when the cabin is full. The guy on the aisle was even trying to pay for the crappy food.

The sandwich that you get for free on LH short-haul eco is better than what SK sells.
Had the same pleasure this morning when I was flying Plus on a long European route. Plane was packed full so i had the pleasure of both a seat mate in the middle seat + a packed breakfast that was so so.

As I see it SK is positioning themselves as the most expensive LCC around. Absolutely no reason to pay for Plus if you have lounge access anyhow. much better to fly Go and be able to pick an exit row.

Svantevit
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
That's really bad. I don't even think those LH Y sandwiches are any good.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)

Did not try the SK take on it, but those that I got form LH were absolutely bottom of the range. I can hardly imagine they can be bitten. And often I got an apple-cake instead. Which was tasty, but even less nutritious.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:48 pm

The "turkey" was this thin, industrial slice that had a gelatinous appearance. When I saw that I didn't even open the package.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Svantevit
Absolutely no reason to pay for Plus if you have lounge access anyhow. much better to fly Go and be able to pick an exit row.

Svantevit

Isn't their a difference in the flexibility of the tickets ? Isn't Plus mostly for passengers who often need to have the option of changing tickets on short notice ?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Wilbur12
Isn't their a difference in the flexibility of the tickets ? Isn't Plus mostly for passengers who often need to have the option of changing tickets on short notice ?
You can buy a Go ticket on short notice.

Another carrot for Plus is of course the points.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
EBG was always easy to get outside of scandic, so nothing changes there. *G lounge visits are charged at about 20$ to the FFP, so the airlines don't mind at all. That said there is an inflation of TK & A3 *G already.
Olivier, I thought that I read on this forum that in *A is the carrier not the FFP that pays for the lounge visits? Has that changed recently? Or did I confuse alliances?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.