Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Was M ever a economy plus fare class?
I don't think so, as far as I know M has always been coach.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
The system has been updated in the weekend. It appears that we need to pay the amount of today's business class to redeem an intra-Europe SAS Plus ticket.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by teekkari
The system has been updated in the weekend. It appears that we need to pay the amount of today's business class to redeem an intra-Europe SAS Plus ticket.
Yoy are right. For the time beeing, Economy Extra has just disappeared from the price list in the booking system. But funny enough, there is still business class, which is supposed to disapear.

Problably, Business will soon just change to Plus. Not a good sign.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:01 pm

BTW. Strange information on the EB-site tonight.

"EuroBonus Update 19-21 of April
Friday, April 19 at. 20:00 to 00:00 + Saturday, April 20 at. 20:00 to 00:00 we will update EuroBonus system. You will not be able to use your EuroBonus account during this time."
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:23 am

According to SAS press release the Plus price begins 30 pct. lower than the previous flexible products, Business Class and Economy Extra.

And SAS gives these examples: Copenhagen-London was (from) 3.208 DEK in Economy Extra, is now (from) 1.699 DEK in Plus. Copenhagen-Billund was 1.589 DEK in Economy Extra, is now 1.099 DEK in Plus.

Haven’t checked myself, but seems to be a quite good change; lower price plus lounge.

Well this was better late than never, as ecoprices has tumbled down in the past 5-10 years and almost nothing has happened to flexible tickets.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:16 pm

I work as a check in agent for SAS at Arlanda. I often sit in the EBG, business and economy extra check in desks. I am also very curious to see how this experiment will go, personally I think it's a pretty risky move. Because the customers with EBG have many airlines at their disposal and can change whenever they want.

On the other hand the 80s are over and there are few companies eager to pay for a C class ticket for a one hour flight in europe. From my experience most EBG I encounter are flying economy or economy extra. Its on the long haul intercontinental flights its really worth to buy business class and most people do like this. Easyjet and Norwegian have many business passengers nowadays. The problem is, will people percieve SAS as a LCC or not and is it the right way to go?

I think like the italians "the more things change the more they stay the same"
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:43 pm

I was reading scanorama on my way home today.

At page 8 it's written that SAS GO is flexible tickets. Can anyone explain this?

You can find it at http://www.scanorama.com/
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by oermen
I was reading scanorama on my way home today.

At page 8 it's written that SAS GO is flexible tickets. Can anyone explain this?

You can find it at http://www.scanorama.com/
They can be changed against a fee (like all current short haul eco tickets of SK). This is in contrast to cheapest tickets of other airlines (like SN or LH) which cannot be changed or cancelled at all. SK has had that policy of all tickets being changeable for quite some time. I think DY follows the practice too.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Westerngypsy
I work as a check in agent for SAS at Arlanda. I often sit in the EBG, business and economy extra check in desks. I am also very curious to see how this experiment will go, personally I think it's a pretty risky move. Because the customers with EBG have many airlines at their disposal and can change whenever they want.

On the other hand the 80s are over and there are few companies eager to pay for a C class ticket for a one hour flight in europe. From my experience most EBG I encounter are flying economy or economy extra. Its on the long haul intercontinental flights its really worth to buy business class and most people do like this. Easyjet and Norwegian have many business passengers nowadays. The problem is, will people percieve SAS as a LCC or not and is it the right way to go?

I think like the italians "the more things change the more they stay the same"
Dear Westerngypsy,

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Glad to hear that you are also voicing your feedback on this issue - I have actually spoken to some other SAS call center agents who have stated that they do not understand this move.

Based in India, it does not really affect us, but when flying intercontinental first or business class tickets with Lufthansa, one expects a certain standard of cabin service.

However, Lufthansa is also trying to change their European offerings now...

We will see how this all pans out...
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: EBS
I can't see that the system has been updated.
Today, when I try to book a ticket on sas.dk or sas.se, from CPH to TXL in August, it still shows Economy, Economy Extra and Business.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Well this was better late than never, as ecoprices has tumbled down in the past 5-10 years and almost nothing has happened to flexible tickets.
Not good at all. Someone has to keep subsidizing my cheapo holiday travels.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: EB*G ; MR Plat
One thing that has not been mentioned here:
I tillegg til at SAS fjerner gardinene som utgjør todelingen av kabinen, vil passasjerene merke endringene gjennom en oppgradering av matkonseptet. Ved introduksjon av SAS' «Our Café» vil samtlige passasjerer ombord bli tilbudt det samme matutvalget. Noe som innebærer at de gamle trillevognene skal vekk, og som erstatning innfører SAS det de omtaler som en café i luften der hele tilbudet vil ligge fremme slik at passasjeren selv kan se hva som serveres.

It basically says that there won't be a curtain separating the plane in two and that food will no longer be served using trolleys but that a "Cafe" will be available at the front of the cabin for all travellers to visit and get their food from.

No curtains means the front toilets are now for everyone. Probably not a huge issue on short flights.

But the Cafe concept sounds just awful!
This means that the galley is now used during the whole flight as a 2-way hallway (people going to and from the Cafe). And how do people cross each other in the galley? By "sitting" on the nearest passenger laps to make room.
How can this even work?
In addition, if you sit at the front you will be bump into by every single passengers who want to eat (drink?) anything.
Add to that people wanted to use the front bathroom....

I don't mind removing C in intra-Europe flights (Usually for me C was CPH-OSL after an IC flight). I don't mind lounge access for more people (They talk about expanding them and there is still a EBG room). I don't mind the idea of more people having access to FastTrack (as long as they extend it to 2 security checks at rush hours - just move a rope: done). I don't mind Business check-in for SAS Plus (just keep at least one booth for EBG only).

The only long-term issue is if way too many people get EBG after a handful of SAS Plus flights and there is no longer a separation between someone flying some intra-europe SAS Plus flights (10 OSL-CDG or LHR a year) and someone flying IC in C all year-round.

As a side note: not sure *A will be happy to see many hundreds of people carrying a *A Gold card from SAS and using their lounges.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by sebinoslo
As a side note: not sure *A will be happy to see many hundreds of people carrying a *A Gold card from SAS and using their lounges.

I am not sure. As far as I understand *A rules, the lounge operators actually make money on that. The only problem is the carriers that need to pay it. It is though rather unclear how many of the EBGs (especially the new ones) actually use other *A carriers intensively. If they mostly stick to SK, then the others might not discover a big difference.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

EBG was always easy to get outside of scandic, so nothing changes there. *G lounge visits are charged at about 20$ to the FFP, so the airlines don't mind at all. That said there is an inflation of TK & A3 *G already.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: TK E+
It basically says that there won't be a curtain separating the plane in two and that food will no longer be served using trolleys but that a "Cafe" will be available at the front of the cabin for all travellers to visit and get their food from.
The only long-term issue is if way too many people get EBG after a handful of SAS Plus flights and there is no longer a separation between someone flying some intra-europe SAS Plus flights (10 OSL-CDG or LHR a year) and someone flying IC in C all year-round.
I totally agree. This graduately devaluate the value of EBG. But this is not only a SAS issue. It's quiete easy to obtain *G and many *A carriers do not have a whole lot of differentiation above *G. I got E+ from TK and fly around 320.000 miles a year. I can't say I find it funny watching the masses flooding the lounges and competing about upgrades, through E or E+ cards they obtained by over drafting their credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.