Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS to fly to JFK [merged discussion thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to fly to JFK [merged discussion thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flying JFK-CPH this weekend. Im wondering if it would be possible to get boarding pass in person at the check in counter the day before? I would only do this if online check in doesn't work. I just want to have the boarding pass early so I can go to the lounge in T4 (Air india) and not have to wait until the check in desks open at 1900.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lomtovely
Flying JFK-CPH this weekend. Im wondering if it would be possible to get boarding pass in person at the check in counter the day before? I would only do this if online check in doesn't work. I just want to have the boarding pass early so I can go to the lounge in T4 (Air india) and not have to wait until the check in desks open at 1900.
Its not a problem to get SK boarding passes the day before in SK hubs, no experience with flying them from JFK. YMMV.

You can also play the OLCI Russian roulette with SK departures from the US and randomly get your BP that way.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Why on earth do you want to go to the AI T4 lounge 🤔?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 9:16 am

Haha, yeah I know not the best. But i like to try every lounge I have access to. And since it's near impossible to go to T1 where the LH and TK lounge are. AI is all that's left.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by lomtovely
But i like to try every lounge I have access to.
You got to be kidding...
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You got to be kidding...
I sense some judgment haha.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Not a big fan of lounges in the first place, but I would not even use the AI lounge at JFK even if I was getting paid to use it. I have done my share of SQ flights ex-JFK T4, and the AI lounge had never crossed my mind, even though the LX lounge (being used at the time) was crappy in its own right.

For my SK flight last month, I went to JFK super late. I even thought about a quick mileage run on AS, so I could arrive into JFK T7 without dealing with the crappy security situation during peak hours.

By the way, does anyone know why there were 2 days last week (Nov 14 and Nov 15) SK919 and SK920 were not on the schedule?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA1K
SAS moving to JFK T1 starting March 31

not sure if this has been posted already but welcome news. I thought it was originally scheduled to move later in the year
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:36 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

A star alliance terminal ?

Access to Air France lounge then? Should be reasonable.

Last edited by Konismarck; Mar 29, 2024 at 5:42 pm
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Konismarck
It’s a mix of ST and *A carriers out of T1, although Delta is out of T4
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Air France and Korean might dispute it being a Star Alliance terminal.
unitedwildcat likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:32 pm

Programs: SAS EB, Kenya Asante, Qatar PC
Flying tomorrow in C /J on the last a330 from T7 before switching to A321😁. And the last one without lounge access 🥲

Last edited by Kris724; Mar 30, 2024 at 7:48 am
Old Mar 30, 2024, 6:56 am
Q_Q

Programs: SAS EBG, TK Gold, BA Silver
EWR is still bookable, are they going to fly to both airports?

Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Q_Q

Yes.
Q_Q likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Glad I got my SK flights out of the way from T7 mid month. Wouldn't want to deal with the mess that is of T1. Not to say T7 is great, but better than T1.

Access to Air France lounge then? Should be reasonable.
How can it be a star alliance terminal and SK having access to AF lounge. Neither is true as of now. T1 is/was a partnership between AF, LH, JL, and KE. There are airlines from every major alliance (*A, OW, ST) operating at T1, as well as airlines not in any alliances. JL has also moved to T8.

Originally Posted by Q_Q
SK is not doing that well at JFK; further indicated by downgauge of its flights to/from CPH (widebody to narrowbody), though now they have been granted an additional takeoff/landing slot, and better flight times.

There is still a lot of brand equity at EWR, where SK has operated for decades. Don't expect SK to pull out abruptly from EWR.

Last edited by Repooc17; Mar 31, 2024 at 5:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.