Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS to fly to JFK [merged discussion thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to fly to JFK [merged discussion thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023 | 4:34 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Originally Posted by danielstrandby
That certainly is a price. I don't know how big of a necessity lounge access is at JFK but I imagine you would need to consume a lot of food, beverages, and peace&quiet in 3 hours to make it worthwhile at that price.
Or maybe you have some important work tasks to do that involve drinking gin and tonics, eating snacks and playing on your phone...
Old Apr 20, 2023 | 5:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
30 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN
Looking at the eateries in T7:

True Burger: Beer 15$+tax https://goo.gl/maps/ghXpXqx1P8mPNjrj9
Brindle: 13$+ https://goo.gl/maps/9nc3GJpNcytfLDuL7

65$ would buy you about 2-3 beers and something to eat.
TPJ likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023 | 7:43 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Looking at the eateries in T7:

True Burger: Beer 15$+tax https://goo.gl/maps/ghXpXqx1P8mPNjrj9
Brindle: 13$+ https://goo.gl/maps/9nc3GJpNcytfLDuL7

65$ would buy you about 2-3 beers and something to eat.
I don't think I've ever seen a legit eatery with such terrible reviews as True Burger
Old Apr 20, 2023 | 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by gojko88
The post was referring to EWR, not JFK. At least that's how I understood it.
No, it was referring to JFK.
Originally Posted by Torquer
As part of this I brought up our own flight from JFK to CPH. I discovered they do list lounge access included for SAS Business Pro, but not on SAS Business Smart that we are booked.
Old Jun 22, 2023 | 2:56 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/2101940-new-route-cph-jfk-confirmed.htm

Originally Posted by MGW2000
Terminal 7 was probably the worst US airport experience Ive had in a long timea real shell of when BA ran the show.
You must not fly out of EWR very often. I do agree that the experience varies by Terminal beyond the reasonable at JFK. T1/T4 vs T5/T7 is .
Old Jun 23, 2023 | 8:02 am
Suspended
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You must not fly out of EWR very often. I do agree that the experience varies by Terminal beyond the reasonable at JFK. T1/T4 vs T5/T7 is .
Not unusual for those from say the UES, Queens, Brooklyn or Long Island.
For years and years as a heavy JFK and LGA user, the idea of my going to EWR was almost akin to the idea of my going to Skavsta (or whichever “Stockholm” airport Ryanair was flying) or to Sturup (which Ryanair would sell as “Copenhagen”): best avoided.
Old Jun 26, 2023 | 3:43 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
I fly out of EWR almost every other week! I would say that JFK T7 is, right now, the worst airport experience with the sub-par concessions, lack of pre-check/priority security, and the lounge situation.
Old Jun 27, 2023 | 5:04 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: LH HON
JFK T7 is probably the best New York airport experience. Check-in closes at 10.55pm. Which means arriving by 10.50pm welcomes you an empty check-in area and empty security lines 5 out of 6 times I've been flying this specific route since April. No frills, no drills - client dinner until 9.30 and then take a cab to JFK.
Old Jun 27, 2023 | 7:21 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Obviously a different experience than I had, would just caution that on different days of the week in the summer, Norse has a bank leaving the 11:30p-12:30a to FCO, OSL, CDG and BER which can make security a pain
Old Jun 28, 2023 | 8:24 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I happened to spot the SAS A333 running CPH-JFK yesterday while getting to T4 at JFK. I didn't realize they operated this with a wide body. The amount of flights to NYC and Scandinavia between SAS/United/Delta/Norse is really baffling. The lack of flights to my actual destinations even more so.
Old Jun 28, 2023 | 8:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I happened to spot the SAS A333 running CPH-JFK yesterday while getting to T4 at JFK. I didn't realize they operated this with a wide body. The amount of flights to NYC and Scandinavia between SAS/United/Delta/Norse is really baffling. The lack of flights to my actual destinations even more so.
Scandinavians tend to mostly want to go to NYC and then (far behind it) LA when visiting the US. NYC airports cover a lot of Americans. And JFK and EWR have a lot of flights that feed these Scandinavian-bound flights to pull in Americans from airports with fewer or no Scandinavian-bound flights. Seems like NYC-Scandinavia connectivity is a business match made in heaven if trying to more reliably fill up long-haul flying planes than to gamble on filling up such planes.
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 6:11 am
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ckx2
JFK T7 is probably the best New York airport experience. Check-in closes at 10.55pm. Which means arriving by 10.50pm welcomes you an empty check-in area and empty security lines 5 out of 6 times I've been flying this specific route since April. No frills, no drills - client dinner until 9.30 and then take a cab to JFK.
Somewhat old bump here; I've not been to T7 since the BA days when I was rather frequent for well over a decade, and mostly loved that terminal. The sloped security was one of a kind, and turning left into CCR great stuff.
I booked the SAS service to CPH leaving at 11:20PM as it means I can do a full day in town, and take a car around 9:30PM as traffic should be clear by then. No Blade service available at that time unfortunately.
Would you say arriving 10:20 is enough if one plans to check a bag into the hold? I have SAS priority, but do they even have priority check-in at T7?

thanks
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 6:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Since the TSA mandated checkin for bags is T-60min I wouldn't cut it that short?
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 10:08 am
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Oh, that's good info. Thanks! Long time mate, all well?
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 11:44 am

All good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.