Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: EBG
The lounge at Nice is open, 30 euro rack rate t enter.

Bad virus.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
SK announced on Facebook that the Gold lounge in Copenhagen and Stockholm, and the domestic lounge in Oslo will open early September (no specific date mentioned)
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
SK announced on Facebook that the Gold lounge in Copenhagen and Stockholm, and the domestic lounge in Oslo will open early September (no specific date mentioned)
I just wrote an article on it so here is the info :-)

The dates are the following:
  • Stockholm-Arlanda: The Gold Lounge, opening 01 September 2020
  • Copenhagen-Kastrup: The Gold Lounge, opening 05 September 2020
  • Oslo-Gardermoen: The Domestic Lounge, opening 05 September 2020

There will be a limited service of pre packed food and light buffet. No alcohol is served.

Also Fast Track will open in Stockholm and Göteborg as of September 1st. Copenhagen will follow mid September.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Why will fast track not open in Oslo?

SB
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:26 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by herro
There will be a limited service of pre packed food and light buffet. No alcohol is served.
I am sure everyone will be impressed...
sueco6 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No alcohol is served.
Originally Posted by TPJ
I am sure everyone will be impressed...
Oh come on, everybody knows that alcohol is corona's best friend. Helps it spread like wildfire. That's why hand sanitizer is so popular.

Johan
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
No alcohol is served.
I remember, that Mikkeller had beer tastings in the Gold lounge at some point. Maby they could take pity on dehydrated frequent flyers...
SK2751 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by GR15
I remember, that Mikkeller had beer tastings in the Gold lounge at some point. Maby they could take pity on dehydrated frequent flyers...
This was highly appreciated!
flyertalker00973 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:46 am

SAS was never known for its generosity where alcohol was concerned, so while I may be annoyed im just glad the lounges are open again. I can have a orange juice and sit somewhere quiet.

If I wanted luxury, good service and nice wine SAS would not be my choice of airline. But, they are mostly ok and its good to get back the lounge.
Agrikostis likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

As I wrote in the other thread, at CPH, only 3rd party lounges are open. The other day I used the Aviator (Apartment side) lounge and offerings were not too bad, reduced food offerings, but drinks were quite normal. The lounge also did not get too busy.
The SAS lounge was still closed as of yesterday.

As for onboard service, hopefully someone here can enlighten me. I was flying in SAS Plus - and as expected, nada service.
However what I did notice on both my flights, the flights were still loaded with catering and planes were still being catered on the ground. They were looking at it, catered with the usual items - I saw one up close when I was waiting to use the toilet, catered with drinks, lemons, ice, etc...
So I am curious, why are flights still being catered if this is a cost cutting measure (certainly in my books nothing to do with the safety of both crew and pax)?
Furthermore on my flight back to AMS, I noticed immediately after the seat belt sign went off, the crew took both the catering cart and box and hid behind the curtain with them and started taking out drinks, etc - for sure they were drink the water (as it was placed just at the point where the curtain was not closed. I am quite sure that they were also eating.

Cheers!
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert
As I wrote in the other thread, at CPH, only 3rd party lounges are open. The other day I used the Aviator (Apartment side) lounge and offerings were not too bad, reduced food offerings, but drinks were quite normal. The lounge also did not get too busy.
The SAS lounge was still closed as of yesterday.

As for onboard service, hopefully someone here can enlighten me. I was flying in SAS Plus - and as expected, nada service.
However what I did notice on both my flights, the flights were still loaded with catering and planes were still being catered on the ground. They were looking at it, catered with the usual items - I saw one up close when I was waiting to use the toilet, catered with drinks, lemons, ice, etc...
So I am curious, why are flights still being catered if this is a cost cutting measure (certainly in my books nothing to do with the safety of both crew and pax)?
Furthermore on my flight back to AMS, I noticed immediately after the seat belt sign went off, the crew took both the catering cart and box and hid behind the curtain with them and started taking out drinks, etc - for sure they were drink the water (as it was placed just at the point where the curtain was not closed. I am quite sure that they were also eating.

Cheers!
Interesting about the catering. I flew them last month in Plus. There longest short hauls to Spain. What I saw was the crew eating but food they brought themselves by the look of it. Look like the pre-made salads you could get in a kiosk. Maybe they are planning to role out service again or there were some contract that SAS couldn't get out of for the food.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 5:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Crews get their meals delivered into the aircraft as they can't take a lunch break during work to go for lunch in the canteen.... the meals are charged to the crew wage account though (and deducted from the per diem). The only way you can do this is by loading everything in a cart and delivering it to the aircraft.
GUWonder and SK2751 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:26 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Crews get their meals delivered into the aircraft as they can't take a lunch break during work to go for lunch in the canteen.... the meals are charged to the crew wage account though (and deducted from the per diem). The only way you can do this is by loading everything in a cart and delivering it to the aircraft.
This sounds logical and most probably would be, but still I am not very convinced this is the only catering loaded as when I read the label on the catering trolley/case, it seems more like normal catering - lemons, ice, cup stirrers, etc.. it was quite a full list of items. Saw quite a number of these catering cases with these labels (of course I did not go inspect them one by one), but seems odd to me that it is just for crew catering.

Cheers!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 5:26 am

Popped into work today, in every meeting room a bowl of fruit......I asked why.

They are fulfilling the contract.....

Every week they bring fruit, every week they take away a rotten dried out basket...full of old fruit and in its place they put a new basket.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by nussle
Popped into work today, in every meeting room a bowl of fruit......I asked why.

They are fulfilling the contract.....

Every week they bring fruit, every week they take away a rotten dried out basket...full of old fruit and in its place they put a new basket.
Which begs the question: Why not wash the fruit and eat it? The pesticides on it will definitely get you before the corona that isn't on it.

It is tiring to see irrational fear taking over daily life. That stuff has been dangerous for decades but NOW people are afraid of it?
johan rebel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.