Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Most importantly for the region: are the fruits labeled as being "ecological" -- or something like that -- and priced highly enough to discourage buying too much good stuff for you?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by JR67
Which begs the question: Why not wash the fruit and eat it? The pesticides on it will definitely get you before the corona that isn't on it.

It is tiring to see irrational fear taking over daily life. That stuff has been dangerous for decades but NOW people are afraid of it?
There is nobody there to eat it, and I guess the aircraft are being loaded in the same way....SAS bought a million meals and they still load them up and fly em out...
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nussle
There is nobody there to eat it, and I guess the aircraft are being loaded in the same way....SAS bought a million meals and they still load them up and fly em out...
If this is the case, it would be silly of them to waste it in this way, they could have made a publicity with it by donating it to the needy or where needed rather than wasting it this way - both labour (catering company), food and fuel (to carry these loaded trolley for no reason).
There is so much way to generate money/publicity from the already paid food/catering contract - therefore the whole situation still fully intrigues me.

Cheers!
ps: as for the fruits in the meeting rooms - if it is still being delivered and there is no one to eat them, if I would you I would ask (or just) take it home or propose to management to stop or donate them to again the needy. So much food wastage including the whole food chain delivery. In this situation I don't think it is seen as stealing since they are just going into the bin.
JR67 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 5:21 am
Suspended

Given its situation, SAS should probably try to minimize its operating/variable costs as much as possible at this time, unless bearing the cost costs it revenue greater than the cost-cut. [Pardon the poor version of a tongue twister at the end.]

Keeping its own lounges closed as long as possible seems to be a cost-cutting measure. But given passenger demand is still low and lounge access may be less of a big deal to a higher proportion of passengers than say this time last year, I can see why SAS would drag its fee on re-opening lounges.

Maybe what SAS should do is cut a deal with the third party lounge operators that are open at SAS airports and temporarily revise its approach to contract lounge access at airports where SAS has its own lounges closed still.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I'm having no easy time finding out which CPH lounges are open at this time. Where would you reliably look?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...nhagen-airport

All three contract lounges in CPH are open.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
The other day I used the Aviator (Apartment side) lounge and offerings were not too bad, reduced food offerings, but drinks were quite normal. The lounge also did not get too busy.
I visited the Apartment lounge two days ago, for most of the time I was the only one there. Apart from the regular drink selection there were ginger shots on offer, and some round things that looked chocolatey. For food you need to pop into the regular lounge next door. The selection there is not up to the former standards, and certainly not up to Apartment standards, but at least you won't go hungry. At about 11 a.m. they still hade the breakfast cold cuts out, as well as a potato salad, a couscous salad and some condiments. Buffet style, you're supposed to use gloves when helping yourself.

The best thing, however, is not having to wear a mask, except when getting food.

Johan
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...nhagen-airport

There used to be 4-5 Priority Pass lounges at CPH at some point in recent years, including at least 4 at this time last year IIRC.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by johan rebel

The best thing, however, is not having to wear a mask, except when getting food.

Johan
Shhhh.... Don't mention the mask...
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JR67
Shhhh.... Don't mention the mask...
Don't even get me started on this insane mask craze.

Johan
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Haha you FT (yes, the other one) people are too much!

Originally Posted by oliver2002
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/denmark/copenhagen-airport

Good to know. I am hesitant to take off unless the Eventyr lounge can be counted on for an 1847.

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I visited the Apartment lounge two days ago, for most of the time I was the only one there. Apart from the regular drink selection there were ginger shots on offer, and some round things that looked chocolatey.
That does it for me. SFO-CPH-AAL with ample time at terminal 2 and often fewer points on UA than SFO-CPH.
​​​​​​​
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:01 am

Attended the lounge in ARN today, its open and.....this really surprised me, after more than ten years of coming in here I don't think I can say I have every eaten anything particularly nice in here. The breakast, with its odd square boiled eggs and the orange juice from a shipping container were a basic regular feature.

But, todays menu was actually very nice. The chicken sandwich impressed me and the red drink (elderberry or something) was also tasty. Such a shame it could have gone with a glass of wine.

So, credit where it is due, the return of the SAS lounge gets a plus so far.

I am almost scared to raise my hopes for the flight!!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Originally Posted by nussle
Attended the lounge in ARN today, its open and.....this really surprised me, after more than ten years of coming in here I don't think I can say I have every eaten anything particularly nice in here. The breakast, with its odd square boiled eggs and the orange juice from a shipping container were a basic regular feature.

But, todays menu was actually very nice. The chicken sandwich impressed me and the red drink (elderberry or something) was also tasty. Such a shame it could have gone with a glass of wine.

So, credit where it is due, the return of the SAS lounge gets a plus so far.

I am almost scared to raise my hopes for the flight!!
The same I can say about the Domestic lounge in OSL. Visited it on Saturday (Inauguration Day) and surprised me with their nice sandwiches, specially the chicken curry one. No alcohol served of course, but still, staff really attentive and cleaning/desinfecting every 25 mins. Felt quite safe honestly, and not so many people paid a visit during the 2 hours that I spent there.

Well done SAS!
GUWonder and SK2751 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Peter1012
The same I can say about the Domestic lounge in OSL. Visited it on Saturday (Inauguration Day) and surprised me with their nice sandwiches, specially the chicken curry one. No alcohol served of course, but still, staff really attentive and cleaning/desinfecting every 25 mins. Felt quite safe honestly, and not so many people paid a visit during the 2 hours that I spent there.

Well done SAS!
Nb SAS..... everybody seems to like the chicken curry sarnie.
Peter1012 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by Peter1012

Well done SAS!
Great that SAS finally has something worth eating at the lounges! Thanks for the report!

One question: "No alcohol served of course" - why not? As far as I understand, alcohol has no relation to corona at all. What is the justification for not serving alcohol? Is there any reason other than cost-cutting?
hugolover likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.