Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?

Old Sep 20, 2020, 1:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SAS is really going to need to increase its lounge access sales to — and revenue from — infrequent leisure flyers too, as SAS has to try to make up for the financial headwinds still strongly running against frequent business travel and the related travelers who have been the historical justification for the financial expenditures on its lounge operations.
Then SK would compete with Priority Pass/pay-for-use lounges. Just checked the PP web site - all their lounges in CPH serve alcohol. Just saying...
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TPJ
Then SK would compete with Priority Pass/pay-for-use lounges. Just checked the PP web site - all their lounges in CPH serve alcohol. Just saying...
Given SAS’s infrequent flyers are unlikely to have Priority Pass and be all that aware of how to access those CPH lounges with Priority Pass or otherwise — forget about most of them even being otherwise inclined toward investigating into paying for lounge use and what that means for alcohol access — SAS can make itself more likely to have success with selling SAS lounge access to such passengers by way of even just a sort of intrusion into the check-in process for its flights.

CPH lounges’ hours nowadays are a pretty thin compared to what they were during the second work week days of March when I hit just about every lounge there at the airport then.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by johan rebel
However, the very same people who still want to fly find this incessant, pervasive and intrusive beating of the corona safety drum extremely annoying. I'm one of them.
Airlines faced a tough choice in April - there was a large group of scared people who were hard to win over and a much smaller group of people who would be happy to fly despite Covid. Airlines almost universally decided it's better to try to appeal to the scared ones, either because they underestimated how many ready-to-fly people will be put off by all the meassures, or because they simply concluded there's not enough of them. While it seems this was the right decission for US airlines (perhaps due to much more semi-essential non-business travel), it didn't work well in Europe.

Looking back at the summer season it seems that going for business-as-usual was the way to win tourists over. One of few destinations in Europe (and probably the world) that reported relatively successful summer season was Croatia and I'm convinced this was precisely because of their focus on providing as normal experience as possible. Tourists could actually have a good time being there. Spain on the other hand.... People are not going to waste their money to feel miserable on a beach.

It's time for airlines to rethink their strategy. There are plenty of people like myself who are ready to pour their money into airline industry again, but only when the experience will be worth the cost again. Back in April, I impatiently waited for relaxation of border rules to fly again but by the time that happened, flying was too much hassle, so I stuck to car and trains during the whole summer (and into the autumn, I already planned my October getaway by car). While I'm breaking my personal records for travel spending, airlines didn't get a cent from me since January.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:25 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
With the new restrictions announced yesterday by the Danish PM, can we expect the lounge at CPH to close again from Wednesday on?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Peter1012
With the new restrictions announced yesterday by the Danish PM, can we expect the lounge at CPH to close again from Wednesday on?
Guess that's anybody's guess given her (the PM) Soviet-era, non-transparent, authoritarian and let's not forget unconstitutional ways of operating...
Peter1012 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:10 am
Suspended

It wouldn't surprise me. Maybe they can do a "lounge on the go" where they hand off a "grab and go" bag -- not that it will happen with SAS at this point.
Peter1012 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
It wouldn't surprise me. Maybe they can do a "lounge on the go" where they hand off a "grab and go" bag -- not that it will happen with SAS at this point.
I would put my money on the Lounges becoming sitting rooms and then you get a grab and go bag similar to LH
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
I would put my money on the Lounges becoming sitting rooms and then you get a grab and go bag similar to LH
Departing right now from CPH. You were right, no food served in the lounge, just some fruits, cookies and drinks (including non-alcoholic Gløgg) to take only once you’re leaving the lounge. Still, the lounge was empty and proved to be a much more comfortable place to sit than in the quite crowded terminal.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Departing right now from CPH. You were right, no food served in the lounge, just some fruits, cookies and drinks (including non-alcoholic Gløgg) to take only once you’re leaving the lounge. Still, the lounge was empty and proved to be a much more comfortable place to sit than in the quite crowded terminal.
That nice. I have a flight from there in four days. At least I'll have a nice place to sit down and wait for my flight.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Since SAS seems to have given up extending status for those with earning periods ending after Aug 31 2021, I will have to make some domestic flights taking advantage of 4x earnings. Can those of you who have travelled recently give an update on the lounge situation in Sweden? Much appreciated!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
Since SAS seems to have given up extending status for those with earning periods ending after Aug 31 2021, I will have to make some domestic flights taking advantage of 4x earnings. Can those of you who have travelled recently give an update on the lounge situation in Sweden? Much appreciated!
The Amex lounge at Pontus in the Air in ARN is open, but that requires an Amex Platinum or Amex Centurion card.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
The Amex lounge at Pontus in the Air in ARN is open, but that requires an Amex Platinum or Amex Centurion card.
Unfortunately my Centurion card is in the laundry right now. :-)

Any news about the state of the Gold lounge?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
Unfortunately my Centurion card is in the laundry right now. :-)

Any news about the state of the Gold lounge?
The Platinum holds up better in an initial wash; and washed or not it works for card holder+1 guest access to the Pontus Amex lounge at ARN.

The SAS Gold lounges at ARN and at CPH seemed like they were open, but can't speak to what's on inside nowadays.

According to a Swedish doctor who flew CPH-OSL and then to/from western Norway earlier this month, OSL had a domestic lounge open for him at least on the way west.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 29, 2021 at 8:37 am
Old May 10, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Don’t waste your time at OSL-lounge

The only lounge open in Oslo is the domestic lounge.
For two weeks ago you couldn’t even have a coffee there but now it’s open for extremely limited service.
Spent a couple of hours there on Monday May 10th.
The food was just typical Norwegian sandwiches.
I tried to relax for a while and took off my shoes and lifted my feet on the sofa and suddenly a SAS-woman came to me and said that I should keep my feet on the floor as this wasn’t a sleeping lounge (I was listening to the radio). Such an unpleasant experience.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:53 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It's the same things your whole life. "Clean up your room.", "Stand up straight.", "Pick up your feet.", "Take it like a man.", "Be nice to your sister.", "Don't mix beer and wine, ever.". Oh yeah, "Don't take off your shoes in the lounge and lift your feet on the sofa.” Uff da. But I really like those Norwegian sandwiches. Time to revisit Hurtigruten. And I’m so bummed the Eventyr lounge is temporarily closed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.