Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

One of my more longer postings here on flyertalk I will take the time to post some pictures of my experience onboard SAS in there new business class cabin 4 weeks ago EWR-ARN. I was flying with LN-RKH in seat 5A and it was a great flight. I have flown the old cabin and I can say this is a big change in the right way for SAS and there longhaul flightproduct.

The crew was still not used to work in the new cabin and the service concept needs aprovment.

Hope you enjoy!

The chair.

Overview.

Menu.

Champagne before takeoff

Plug, USB port and IFE controller.

Chair panel.

Amenity kit.

Champagne after takeoff.

Starter

Starter nr 2

Main course.

Dessert.

Bedmode on chair.

Only business class bar in galley.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. My opinion on the product is that it has become one of the more better products in the European industri. I have flown a lot both in business class and first class and SAS new business class is well worth the money to fly with.

If you have any other questions just type in the thread.

Last edited by Simonsays91; Jun 5, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:40 pm

The hard product looks like a huge improvement ^
Though...if they provide wine classes for the wine at least they could provide something similar for the bubbles, even if stemless
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveman518
The hard product looks like a huge improvement ^
Though...if they provide wine classes for the wine at least they could provide something similar for the bubbles, even if stemless
I totally agree with you. They still keep the same glas as for the older product so i hope they buy in some new soon...
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I'm almost jealous, I make that trip once a month and haven't seen anything even remotely looking as good on the menu for a VERY long time. Prosciutto, Beef, Ben&Jerry's. Heck, if they could serve this consistently I'd use SK for non-direct destinations as well.

Naturally this is in the US->EU direction which does tend to have a vastly better offering than EU->US but it is still far far better then I what I'm usually provided.

It is worth noting so it doesn't raise expectations for unaware travellers, normally the food outside the main course is inedible.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'm almost jealous, I make that trip once a month and haven't seen anything even remotely looking as good on the menu for a VERY long time. Prosciutto, Beef, Ben&Jerry's. Heck, if they could serve this consistently I'd use SK for non-direct destinations as well.

Naturally this is in the US->EU direction which does tend to have a vastly better offering than EU->US but it is still far far better then I what I'm usually provided.

It is worth noting so it doesn't raise expectations for unaware travellers, normally the food outside the main course is inedible.
I don't really care much about food on-board - regardless what class I fly with whom - as I'm pretty health conscious about my food and I assume it's all garbage.

I will give SK that the prosciutto and the ravioli were decent on one of my EWR-CPH legs.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:51 am

Hrm, even though the menu sounds nice on the menu card - it looks as usual. The last time I had the beef shoulder with potatoes and haricots verts... and the beans and potatoes were inedible. Beens were like fatty chewing gum and the potatoes had the kind of 'skin' what happens if you re-heat pre-cooked potatoes in a microwave. The beef it self was okay, tender and well tasting but the sauce was thick, pretty mushy and too intensive.

Next to a really bad selection of wines.... Just one real read wine, I think a Malbec from Chile and one Pinot Noir (which is not a real red for me ). Both were of low quality and equally bad taste in my opinion. Good enough to get drunk, but nothing more. Didn't sample the whites but didn't sound to interesting as well.

Even though the hard product has finally closed up to the competition the soft product needs significant improvement. I just choose SAS over OS or LX due to the significant better timing - and was longing for OS catering all the way...
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:39 am

Silly question.

Are all SAS business class cabins newly fitted? or on which destinations/days do they have the new business class?

Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by asalmane
Silly question.

Are all SAS business class cabins newly fitted? or on which destinations/days do they have the new business class?

Thanks.
SAS Longhaul Fleet List Upgrade Thread
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:26 am

I am curious if you saw the basinett in action in 1A or 1H. I'm flying the new biz both ways this autumn with an infant.

Thanks for the pictures
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by snic
Thanks for the link. But is there any way to know whether a particular flight will feature the upgraded cabins or not? since not all a330 fleet is retrofitted, it is difficult to know what to expect beforehand?

Any tips most welcome
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asalmane
Thanks for the link. But is there any way to know whether a particular flight will feature the upgraded cabins or not? since not all a330 fleet is retrofitted, it is difficult to know what to expect beforehand?

Any tips most welcome
As it look right now there is 4 of the A330 that are retrofitted with the new cabin. There is no way of saying where exacly they schedule to depart frome but the last month they have departed from Stockholm To new York and some times flying to Copenhagen. Oslo have only hade just a few visits from the new cabin.

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
I am curious if you saw the basinett in action in 1A or 1H. I'm flying the new biz both ways this autumn with an infant.

Thanks for the pictures
Sorry didnt look in to it. There was no infant on my flight and it was fully booked so could not just walk up to the front row to take pictures. However the space is a bit limited compare to the old product.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Simonsays91
As it look right now there is 4 of the A330 that are retrofitted with the new cabin. There is no way of saying where exacly they schedule to depart frome but the last month they have departed from Stockholm To new York and some times flying to Copenhagen. Oslo have only hade just a few visits from the new cabin.
Only 3 have been upgraded. Please use https://scandinaviantraveler.com/en/newcabin or any of the numerous threads on this forum as a reference.

The upgraded A330's will once the 4th is completed fly the usual "A330 routes", which are ARN-EWR, ARN-ORD, CPH-EWR and OSL-EWR. You'll occasionally find one rotate on CPH-IAD.

In general your chances will be good if you'er flying to/through EWR and your aircraft isn't changed out for an A340.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:23 am

New business cabin - longest bed?

I just booked my first SAS longhaul flight (usually on LH, BA, AA) from CPH to SFO in February. Business seatmap shows the new cabin. (4 seats per row), although this is operated by an A340.

Reading through the different posts and descriptions I gather that the seat is between 1,96 and 2,02 long.

Given that I am quite tall I would like to pick one of the longer seats / beds. Does anyone know which seats are 1,96 and which seats are 2,02? I can't even find the new seatmap on SeatGuru for the A340 (just for the A330).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:29 am

wish I knew - a usefull bit of info
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:49 am

If there is any difference my guess would be it is only the front row. The rest of the seats use a similar configuration where the seat in lie-flat mode is limited by the seat in front of you.

I'm very tall as well and have not had massive struggles with the new seats. Was not aware certain seats could be bigger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.