Airlines and Mileage Programs

SAS | EuroBonus

SAS Plus Lounge Access Policy

Old Nov 29, 19, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Hello
I am planning to fly from HKG via CPH to AMS in SAS Plus, however, I'm a bit confused about SAS Plus lounge access policy.
Apparently SAS Plus passengers can access to SAS lounge in CPH, but how about other SA lounges (e.g. in HKG, AMS)?

Thank you
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:02 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
You should be able to access all C-level *A lounges. I believe there is no accessible arrival lounge in AMS, but there should be a departure lounge, if you are returning in PLUS. Remember that these have to be *A lounges, not contract lounges with which individual *A airlines made deals. These, unfortunately, SK has cut some time ago.

Use the Star Alliance lounge finders to check your options in HKG and AMS.
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your help
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Gold
From my understanding, and based on the SAS website, you should have business class lounge access within Europe (e.g., the *A lounge in AMS), but for long-hauls, you only have access to SAS' own lounges, so unfortunately no lounge access in HKG.
Old Nov 29, 19, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Got it! thanks
Old Nov 29, 19, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by clifford79 View Post
From my understanding, and based on the SAS website, you should have business class lounge access within Europe (e.g., the *A lounge in AMS), but for long-hauls, you only have access to SAS' own lounges, so unfortunately no lounge access in HKG.
Right. @clifford79 is completely right about it. A memory slip on my side.
Old Nov 29, 19, 11:49 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK2751 View Post
I believe there is no accessible arrival lounge in AMS, but there should be a departure lounge, if you are returning in PLUS.
Just a note: for arrival lounge access there needs to be SK's own lounge in first place. A common *A lounge is not sufficient.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 19, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Equally, SAS don't tell you about any lounges but their own. On any booking from LHR which is my base there is never a mention of a lounge but you are welcome in any *A lounge in plus, they do however tell you about lounges at ARN, CPH, HEL and other places where the lounges are their own.
Old Nov 29, 19, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lhrpete View Post
Equally, SAS don't tell you about any lounges but their own. On any booking from LHR which is my base there is never a mention of a lounge but you are welcome in any *A lounge in plus, they do however tell you about lounges at ARN, CPH, HEL and other places where the lounges are their own.
Its pretty routine behavior for airlines to mention (or have a preference for) their own lounges when it comes to premium passengers flying on the metal of the airline for which the airline rep is working.
Old Nov 29, 19, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Its pretty routine behavior for airlines to mention (or have a preference for) their own lounges when it comes to premium passengers flying on the metal of the airline for which the airline rep is working.
Even at outstations where the airline does not have their own lounges, they try to pretend that you have to go to one specific lounge. In Hong Kong JAL always want me to go to the Qantas lounge, and while a nice place I always head to The Pier first class lounge, as it is significantly nicer. ANA usually pretends you HAVE to go to the United lounge, where the Silverkris lounge is infinitely nicer.

Had one exception recently, where the JAL station manager in Singapore told me to go the the Qantas F lounge running soft opening, so not officially available. Rather than the assigned DNATA lounge.
Old Apr 16, 22, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread to show the SAS Gold Lounge at CPH. My takeaways below:

- huge lounge
- love the number of healthy food options
- food is good
- the most high tech I pad drink dispenser 😂

Old Apr 16, 22, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Brandinho1 View Post
Bumping this thread to show the SAS Gold Lounge at CPH. My takeaways below:

- huge lounge
- love the number of healthy food options
- food is good
- the most high tech I pad drink dispenser 😂

https://youtu.be/K_P6UKlgW1U
How did you ever find it that devoid of people?

On a side note, if both lounges are open, you can't access the gold lounge with a Plus or business class ticket, nor can you pay to access the Gold Lounge. You need star alliance gold status. In periods during the traffic down turn the gold lounge has been the only one open, so the situation has been different. But as a blanket explanation, you'd probably need to edit your video.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 16, 22 at 7:17 pm
Old Apr 17, 22, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I was about to post to say that, unlike at the start of the year, the CPH lounge is now properly divided back into the Gold and Business sections as it used to be back in the day. The obvious difference that I could spot was that the barista was there at limited times and that cheap spirits were now available...
SK2751 and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Apr 17, 22, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
How did you ever find it that devoid of people?

On a side note, if both lounges are open, you can't access the gold lounge with a Plus or business class ticket, nor can you pay to access the Gold Lounge. You need star alliance gold status. In periods during the traffic down turn the gold lounge has been the only one open, so the situation has been different. But as a blanket explanation, you'd probably need to edit your video.
Thank you for the explanation.
Old Apr 20, 22, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by GaryK84 View Post
I was about to post to say that, unlike at the start of the year, the CPH lounge is now properly divided back into the Gold and Business sections as it used to be back in the day. The obvious difference that I could spot was that the barista was there at limited times and that cheap spirits were now available...
Oh thanks for this. I did notice that the Business lounge has reopened, but have not been lucky to hit the barrista opening times yet. This was one thing I was definitely missing.

Search this Thread