FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:12 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Tennen
Or, more likely I’ll just choose someone else with a proper PY cabin (any suggestions for TATL?).
Both AF and BA have a proper Y+ for TATL. They are both very good for day flights, the AF one is horrendous for night flights due to the seat. They are in a separate cabin, with a wider seat and more legroom. The BA seat is comfortable and has a really good recline, with a pitch at 38''. The AF seat has the same pitch, but does not recline at all and is very rigid.
Both have a catering different than regular Economy: in AF you get the J started, in BA one of the J main.
Flying Y+ does not increase the ground experience with BA: no fast track, lounge or priority boarding. You will need C ticket or status for that. If I remember, I had priority boarding and fast track security at CDG when flying Y+ with AF.

KL is more like SK: they have Economy Comfort which is just a slightly better seat, not a cabin on its own.
I do not have experience with other carriers on TATL.