Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
After the cabin refurbishment the leg room for row 20 was greatly reduced. It used to be excellent on the old config, but that is no longer the case. The screen in the armrest also appears smaller to me (did not measure, just a feeling).

I would avoid row 20 if leg room is important.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: SAS EBG, HHonors Diamond, AirBerlin Gold, etc
Having sat in PE a number of times, the thing that pee's me off the most about row 20 (or most middle row bulkhead seats) are other pax who think they can cut through / have 'right-of-way', from one side of the plane to the other.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:35 pm

SAS Plus

Originally Posted by lensovet
Does anyone have recent SAS Plus experiences they would like to share? Sorry, forum search is kind of useless for this. Also, does anyone know if the birds flying this route generally have the upgraded cabin or the old one?

Thanks!
As mentioned, LN-RKP is the only long haul plane with the old cabin.
Normally, it flies EWR or IAD. Sometimes to ORD.
Since mid September, it has only been to SFO once (OCT 28th.).
I flew Buss to EWR OCT 25th, in LN-RKP.
It IS bad. No WiFi, hardly any Entertainment system.
Table space not as good as in the updated cabins.
But it gets you from A to B.
Very rare it flies from other cities than CPH.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:26 am

No seat assignment SAS Plus

Hi all,

I'm a United *G, and taking my first trip with SAS May 9th. I purchased 2 P class tix SFO to CPH but wasn't allowed to choose seats in the Plus cabin (seat map shows full). Not sure if the cabin is oversold, or if SAS is holding seats for bassinets or whatnot, but I'm a little anxious about it. There appear to be 13 unassigned seats in business. Anyone have experience with oversold Plus section? Considering bidding for upgrade to biz, but would rather SAS be forced to upgrade me than spend my own $$ on it (unlikely, I know). Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Around 48 hours before the flight the Plusgrade upgrades are processed, around 24 hours before the flight the complimentary upgrades for EBD and at check-in and gate there is still the possibility to upgrade with money or EB points. Only after that we talk about op-ups. I assume the issue has resolved itself before.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I am EBD and I have received operational upgrades from Plus to Business a couple of times. If there are no more seats available in the Plus cabin to choose from, it might indicate that it is overbooked. However, SAS would most likely upgrade first their own Pandion, Diamond and Gold members before Star Alliance Gold. So if you want to get a good chance and the prices for PlusGrade are cheap I would at least consider that option.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:00 am

Thanks! I'll go ahead and just bid for upgrade.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: SAS
Changes to SAS Plus Saver CPH-SFO-SAN

I´m looking at a Plus Saver ticket between CPH and San Diego in March next year. Price is right and I get a number af options on the SAS website and routing through SFO seems to be the way to go. But my question is – is it possible to make minor changes to the booked schedule without incurring large change fees ? On the return I´d like to take an earlier same day connecting flight from SAN to SFO, giving be about three hours between flights in SFO rather than 1.5 hour.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
You need to consult their call centre. I know this is annoying because technically it would be in SAS best interest to offer more flexible booking options online.
I checked ITA matrix and you must instruct the staff what to book exactly. E.g. I think that booking class "V" class on United (e.g. UA 1919 on Fridays) connecting to booking class "P" with SAS (SK936) is what you are looking for. There are multiple option with 1.5, 3.5 or up to 9 hours connection time at SFO. Price should be 9.016 DKK as of today. You must find a competent agent to book this and hopefully you get one. You might have to pay a fee for the phone booking but going via a third party provider often is no option because then you get stuck if you need to rebook the ticket at a later point in time.
If anybody has a better method to book such tickets - or even more complex open-jar flights - please let me (us) know.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
1.5 hours is more than plenty for a connection from domestic to international at SFO. It is a relatively quick walk from the United gates to the international gates. Since you are planning to fly Plus you will not get access to the Polaris lounge, and the United Clubs are not really worth hanging out in.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:05 pm

Thanks for the replies. Making even mInor changes to a booking doesn´t look to be as easy as I had hoped, so I might just stick with the schedule.as it is. Would have been nice though with some flexibility.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Thanks for the replies. Making even mInor changes to a booking doesn´t look to be as easy as I had hoped, so I might just stick with the schedule.as it is. Would have been nice though with some flexibility.
If it is a same day change, you can always ask UA at the airport They are usually a reasonable bunch to deal with for switching to an earlier flight. If it is issued as a UA flight number. Of course no guarantees and you could end up sitting in the San Diego Club (if you have a *G card) for the extra time. But check the loads of the earlier flight before going earlier to the airport.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If it is a same day change, you can always ask UA at the airport They are usually a reasonable bunch to deal with for switching to an earlier flight. If it is issued as a UA flight number. Of course no guarantees and you could end up sitting in the San Diego Club (if you have a *G card) for the extra time. But check the loads of the earlier flight before going earlier to the airport.
Actually I had the same thought - it might be worth a try. So far I´m only in the planning stage of this trip but its nice to know the different options, before I commit myself to a booking.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:25 am

Any changes to ensure a confirmed seat on different flights, will incur change penalties on a saver plus, once ticket is issued:
CHANGES

ANY TIME
PER TICKET CHARGE EUR 240.00 FOR REISSUE.
NOTE -
NO CHILD DISCOUNT. INFANT FREE OF CHARGE.
--------------------------------------------------
REBOOKING IN SAME BOOKING CLASS AS TICKETED CHARGE
EUR 240.00 PER TRANSACTION

Best bet would ask at the airport to be transfered to earlier flight.
Always hold the ticket to the deadline (i.e. seven days after booking on this farebasis), so such changes can be made free of charge. Once issued, you will be charged a fee.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
SAS Plus Longhaul - Snacks Free?

I just came off a flight from HKG-CPH in SAS Plus and asked for some chips/crisps during the flight from the menu and was told this was only possible for a fee and was not complementary... I mentioned I was surprised and asked the flight attendant if she was sure and she said yes.

I've been flying SAS Plus from Asia to Europe many times before and recall usually anything off the menu (i.e. the snacks and the sweets) is free (just like it is in SAS Plus intra-Europe) but I cannot find the exact rules on the SAS website!

Have I always been lucky or was this flight attendant just not aware? ;-) Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.