Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
You're very welcome!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:39 pm

SAS plus books First class connection within US

I was looking for one way from Europe to Seattle around Christmas time and found SAS Plus for $1300 XXX-ARN-ORD-SEA, which was not only cheaper than anything else in standard economy, but booked in F on Alaska segment ORD-SEA. Its also fully refundable / flexible fare.

Have not flown SAS in ages (since they stopped flying nonstop to SEA). Definitely looking forward to try SAS Plus.

Is it normal to get first class domestic connection within US on a Plus fare?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AntonS
I was looking for one way from Europe to Seattle around Christmas time and found SAS Plus for $1300 XXX-ARN-ORD-SEA, which was not only cheaper than anything else in standard economy, but booked in F on Alaska segment ORD-SEA. Its also fully refundable / flexible fare.

Have not flown SAS in ages (since they stopped flying nonstop to SEA). Definitely looking forward to try SAS Plus.

Pretty much the same product; premium economy. Makes sense.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why is 20A and 20H always blocked when you select seats in advance? 20B and 20G are available but not the two window seats in row 20.

20A and 20H released for OLCI or how do you get one of them?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I have no idea why the window seats are blocked... but I waited until OLCI to snag our seats in row 20.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LucWise
I have no idea why the window seats are blocked... but I waited until OLCI to snag our seats in row 20.
Bassinet position. Blocked for passengers travelling with infants. No such bookings, and you can select at OLCI.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: SAS*D, IC-RA,EM-G
I recently flew SAS Plus ATL-EWR-OSL and the United leg put me into economy, didn't even get United plus (On ticket stated Class as Premium Economy) so seems inconsistant!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AntonS
No, but the XXX origin probably confused the booking systems!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, but the XXX origin probably confused the booking systems!
No, it excited the booking system.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by msportmad
I recently flew SAS Plus ATL-EWR-OSL and the United leg put me into economy, didn't even get United plus (On ticket stated Class as Premium Economy) so seems inconsistant!
IS There anyway to tell before youre ti keted with sK? I am looking at soem Plus fares that require a domestic connection and if its UA Y then Im better off taking the AA connection
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I seem to recall that Plus (A class) was showing up as First class on some OTAs earlier this year, even though it was clearly a Plus fare . It might be that the engine is mixing up the booking class/cabin. Where are you finding this fare?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
livious makes an excellent point.

Just because a certain website tells you that a sector is in "First", does not mean that it is. There have been numerous cases of all kind of travel websites and booking tools - even Google Flights [I remember a run of breathless posts on FT not so long ago, posting excellent First Class fares between the US and Europe on Aer Lingus....when, in fact, they were economy class fares, and EI doesn't have a First Class anyway] - incorrectly interpreting a fare class letter for a particular airline.

Unless the airline that will actually operate the flight in question tells you specifically on their own website that your flight is actually in First, then don't count on it.

Perhaps we should ask you to "show your proof" of First?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I'd say Google flights bug. A random check on HEL-SEA shows:
https://www.google.de/flights/#searc...SEA0AS479;sc=p

View Screen Capture

In reality it books into AS Y. Maybe google flights thinks full Y on AS seats you in 'F'.

Code:

02 YFIOW      *          * P1         *   1766.12  *RB    *Y                    
REBOOK TO CHANGE BOOKING CLASS AS SPECIFIED                                     
LAST TKT DTE 23DEC16 - DATE OF ORIGIN                                           
------------------------------------------------------------                    
     AL FLGT  BK T DATE  TIME  FARE BASIS      NVB  NVA   BG                    
 HEL                                                                            
XSTO SK   703 Y *Y 23DEC 0800  YFIOW                      2P                    
XLAX SK   939 Y *Y 23DEC 0950  YFIOW                      2P                    
 SEA AS   325 Y  Y 23DEC 1430  YFIOW                      2P                    

EUR  1570.00      23DEC16HEL SK X/STO SK X/LAX AS SEA1761.30                    
                  NUC1761.30END ROE0.891079                                     
EUR   136.00YQ    XT EUR 1.20XU EUR 8.80FI EUR 7.66YA EUR                       
EUR     5.01DQ    5.17YC EUR 16.72US EUR 3.72XA EUR 6.58XY                      
EUR    55.11XT    EUR 5.26AY                                                    
EUR  1766.12                                                                    
FARE FAMILIES:    (ENTER FQFn FOR DETAILS, FXY FOR UPSELL)                      
FARE FAMILY:FC1:1-3:PLUS                                                        
TICKET STOCK RESTRICTION                                                        
>                                                 PAGE  2/ 3                    
>
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
That is about what I expected. Some things are just too good to be true, but it would have been sweet if it was the case. At least the OP found a Plus ticket that was cheaper than economy, so not all bad news.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'd say Google flights bug. A random check on HEL-SEA shows:
The initial clue is the "Standard Recliner Seat" that is listed for the Alaska flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.