Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TomMM
The initial clue is the "Standard Recliner Seat" that is listed for the Alaska flight.
Which is what domestic flight class in the US is.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Which is what domestic flight class in the US is.
I stand corrected. Domestic First/Business seat show as "Standard recliner seat" on Google Flights.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Better or not

So would you recommend row 20 over other plus rows?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I personally prefer it. A lot of space compared to the other rows. And no seat directly in front of you.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Elkjaer
So would you recommend row 20 over other plus rows?
I would NOT. I tried row 20 on my recent flight ARN-LAX. Because of the wall in front I could not stretch out my legs like I can in all other Plus rows. I am tall, but I have no problem in any Plus row even if the passenger in front of me reclines the seat.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by runarbg
I would NOT. I tried row 20 on my recent flight ARN-LAX. Because of the wall in front I could not stretch out my legs like I can in all other Plus rows. I am tall, but I have no problem in any Plus row even if the passenger in front of me reclines the seat.
Copy that. I try to avoid row 20. Tall with long legs - and I can not strech in row 20
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by runarbg
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Copy that. I try to avoid row 20. Tall with long legs - and I can not strech in row 20
I can stretch there easily, but I don't have long legs.

And as a sidenode: when I flew first time Plus there were 8 people for 56 seats and 6 chose row 20. Lately it was usually quite full so barely any choice. So different people have different preferences.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:41 am

I avoid row 20 as well - actually all bulkhead seats.

1) As others said, I like streching my legs under the seat in front of me while the bulkhead restricts that
2) I like to get some room between my ears and the basinet option...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
The bulkhead row in Plus used to be very nice before the cabin upgrade with a lot of leg space. Even for a tall guy like myself.

With the new cabin installed, the space between the seat and the bulkhead has been reduced significantly and I will avoid this row as well going forward.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I'm 5-9 and didn't have any issues with stretching out, but I could see how taller people would. My biggest issue was that the leg rest was not as comfortable as I thought it would be. Plus, the TVs in this row are a little awkward because they come out from between the seats. Probably wouldn't choose this row again.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:12 am

SAS Plus - What to expect?

Hi all,
We are flying from London to Tokyo in plus return come the new year and I was wondering what to expect as many of the reviews online contradict each other.
Any insight is appreciated
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
My view

Think about it as an economy trip made bearable.

From lhr to cph you should expect to sit at the front of the plane. It is not a business class experience. Same seat and middle seat is not kept free. You will though get a bit of food and can choose anything you want from the trolley. Drinks, snacks, sandwiches...
In Copenhagen you get lounge access. There is a bit of food and drinks. Not a full hot service but decent.
On the flight you get a seat which is nicer and more comfortable. It is wider. It reclines more. It has more leg room. There is a foot rest. The padding is softer. Think of it as broadly comparable to a us domestic first class seat.
You will have an extra choice for main course and the food is slightly upgraded. You get several rounds of drinks. In general anything you want.
It is not business class. The seat does not fully recline and there is no attempt at "luxury" but it is a lot more comfortable, and in my view great for day flights.

That roughly sums it up in my view.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
Think about it as an economy trip made bearable.

From lhr to cph you should expect to sit at the front of the plane. It is not a business class experience. Same seat and middle seat is not kept free. You will though get a bit of food and can choose anything you want from the trolley. Drinks, snacks, sandwiches...
In Copenhagen you get lounge access. There is a bit of food and drinks. Not a full hot service but decent.
On the flight you get a seat which is nicer and more comfortable. It is wider. It reclines more. It has more leg room. There is a foot rest. The padding is softer. Think of it as broadly comparable to a us domestic first class seat.
You will have an extra choice for main course and the food is slightly upgraded. You get several rounds of drinks. In general anything you want.
It is not business class. The seat does not fully recline and there is no attempt at "luxury" but it is a lot more comfortable, and in my view great for day flights.

That roughly sums it up in my view.
+1

For the long haul I'd echo the description of it as a US Domestic First class seat and service. There's no flat bed, not particularly proactive service, but you can still get pretty much whatever you want. Although the cutlery is metal and you get a wine glass with the meal, you should expect a lot of plastic tableware. The food is of questionable quality and the special meals can be an embarrassment (though a potentially lucrative embarrassment if it's sufficiently bad to complain afterwards...).

There's an "amenity kit" which is an eyeshade, earplugs, toothbrush and toothpaste in a rudimentary shoe bag. No socks. The headphones for the IFE are the same dire ones offered in Go. Blanket and water. No separate toilet, you have to trek back to the middle of Go.

I've found that I'm able to sleep on night flights in Plus (even row 20 - using my bag as a footrest) so long as I've got earplugs and am suitably tired. The seat is quite comfortable in my opinion.

Travelling Plus, I usually:
- bring my own socks for during the flight
- bring a more comfortable eye shade if I want to sleep
- bring better, noise-cancelling headphones for the IFE (and blocking out neighbours' noise)
- avoid Row 20 (unless I can get a window in which case it feels quite cosy IMHO)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:05 am

And as a note: no lounge access at NRT from January onwards with SAS Plus if you are not *G.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Recent SAS Plus experiences on SFO-CPH

Does anyone have recent SAS Plus experiences they would like to share? Sorry, forum search is kind of useless for this. Also, does anyone know if the birds flying this route generally have the upgraded cabin or the old one?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.