Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS pilots on strike in April 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS pilots on strike in April 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
btw, is it just me or did CPH move most of the *A flights to the A gates (like A15-A17), even have quite a lot of SK departures from A now... which before they did the terminal extension where almost exclusively operating from the B-pier (and some odd D departure)
As part of the terminal 2 extension 1 of the B gates has been closed. Another B gate and I think one of the C gates has been closed as part of the upcoming terminal 3 extension. This probably mean some flights has been moved to the A gates.

It's a little unclear whether the B gates closed as part of the terminal 2 extension will reopen. They haven't removed the desk and gates, but it's so tiny now and cramped in between the toilet and terminal 2 so it can hardly be functional for anything but the ATR's.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
As part of the terminal 2 extension 1 of the B gates has been closed. Another B gate and I think one of the C gates has been closed as part of the upcoming terminal 3 extension. This probably mean some flights has been moved to the A gates.

It's a little unclear whether the B gates closed as part of the terminal 2 extension will reopen. They haven't removed the desk and gates, but it's so tiny now and cramped in between the toilet and terminal 2 so it can hardly be functional for anything but the ATR's.
Bus gate? Like the first A one, before you can turn right to the A20+ gates.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Bus gate? Like the first A one, before you can turn right to the A20+ gates.
They already have a B bus gate, which is almost never used. I can't recall the number, but it's the last one on the right side before you get to the gates at the end of the pier.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by JR67
In preparation for tomorrow's cancellation of my flight on Thursday, I tested the SAS phone banks to see if a rumor was correct, and it is - they have apparently taken away the option of entering your EB number for faster service. Is there a number that can bypass the queue? The "diamond service" number posted on the diamond page and in the app just sends you straight to the ordinary number, where I won't get any benefit of my status. Seems like a real DYKWIA thing to ask, but I really hate telephone queues...
As detailed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-...ng-irrops.html

When the system experiences severe shocks the hotlines at SAS go into a panic mode and the elite lines don't work. That said the Amadeus ATC module is religiously followed by SK and the bot reissues the ticket if it can find an SAS alternative, grabbing control of the ticket from the original issuing office (like a TA or OTA). Often calling the overseas numbers in other time zones helps.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They already have a B bus gate, which is almost never used. I can't recall the number, but it's the last one on the right side before you get to the gates at the end of the pier.
With a mid field terminal in the plans they may think they need more. Or just temporarily during the construction.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:15 am

With a mid field terminal in the plans they may think they need more. Or just temporarily during the construction.
As far as I remember they expect to open a couple of the new pier E gates later this year, but then they'll soon have to close pier F, otherwise they can't continue the expansion of pier E.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as I remember they expect to open a couple of the new pier E gates later this year, but then they'll soon have to close pier F, otherwise they can't continue the expansion of pier E.
Ryanair and Easyjet may need some bus gates if they loose their home in F. Some pretence of keeping the fees low...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Often calling the overseas numbers in other time zones helps.
That’s a good game plan for times like this, at least with other airlines and sometimes with SAS.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:56 am

Ryanair and Easyjet may need some bus gates if they loose their home in F. Some pretence of keeping the fees low...
I think the first gates at pier E on the right side till be without bridge and on the left side bus gates until the construction of pier E is finished or moved forward..
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:42 am

Update of what happened with my SAS-rebooking home from HKG with Turkish airlines. At check in in Hong kong TK told me they had put me on stand by. They told me that they were so tiered of SAS always cancelling flights from HKG and using TK as a back up. Even if you got a confirmed booking. TK wants to sell tickets to their passangers first. So all passangers booked on 117-stock always gets stand by until 19.30 the day of dep, when they sort out if there is space or not. So much for *A-partnership...

I was not in the mood of gambeling so I called SAS again and got rebooked again on Thai insted. Home now. The massage I got in the Royal Silk Spa at BKK still hurts...��
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:52 am

Is Virgin Atlantic an available airline for a re-route during the strike?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by criced
Update of what happened with my SAS-rebooking home from HKG with Turkish airlines. At check in in Hong kong TK told me they had put me on stand by. They told me that they were so tiered of SAS always cancelling flights from HKG and using TK as a back up. Even if you got a confirmed booking. TK wants to sell tickets to their passangers first. So all passangers booked on 117-stock always gets stand by until 19.30 the day of dep, when they sort out if there is space or not. So much for *A-partnership...
That might be why SK was reluctant to book you on TK in the first place. Personally I avoid TK if possible. Have had a number of bad experiences with them when I was flying in/out of Saudi Arabia. This behavior you just shared doesn't make me want to use them in the future.

Originally Posted by criced
I was not in the mood of gambeling so I called SAS again and got rebooked again on Thai insted. Home now. The massage I got in the Royal Silk Spa at BKK still hurts...��
I would have picked TG in the first place

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:17 am

That might be why SK was reluctant to book you on TK in the first place. Personally I avoid TK if possible. Have had a number of bad experiences with them when I was flying in/out of Saudi Arabia. This behavior you just shared doesn't make me want to use them in the future.

I would have picked TG in the first place

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Not me. TG960 is really what we call a "Finlandsfärja" and the crew were impolite.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Rebooking options

Do anyone know the full list of airlines SAS will rebook with?

Star Alliance seems to be a starting point, Wiederĝe is also in the mix, but does anyone have a full list? In the absence of a full list please post your luck getting rebooked on airlines outside *A.

ScandiGB
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:41 am

I do not have a full list, but *A obviously possible. I have so far been rebooked also on BA, AY, CX and AA during various IROPS(*) the last 2 years. But nor sure how situational that is. I have a feeling the agents at some bigger outstations or at the hub airports have much more freedom to rebook out of alliance (or preferred partners) than the phone agents or contract personal at small outstations.

(*) so, cancelled flights, missed connections etc. Not strike action.

Last edited by fassy; Apr 30, 2019 at 10:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.