Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS pilots on strike in April 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS pilots on strike in April 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
Originally Posted by JR67
If it is crucial for you to get to FRA, then cancel your SAS flights and take the flight you booked. That is the only way to be 100% certain.
It is 600€ price for certainty though, when they very well may continue to fly that day and I could have avoided paying 600€.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Has anyone had experience getting rebooked with award tickets? The wife and I have an award trip to Chicago in J on Thursday. I assume that they will simply rebook us into J on AC/LH like regular revenue pax, but would like some confirmation so I know what to expect going into tomorrow's round of cancellations...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
SK 6261 flying CPH-ARN Tuesday 8.05 - departing from the far end of T1. What kind of flight/aircraft is this?
It is 9:05, and according to ExpertFlyer it is a CR9 operated by Aero Airlines (EE). I suppose it is a wet lease?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
So I just received a text message from SAS saying my flight tomorrow has been cancelled and I can't be rebooked (1 May SVG-OSL).
It was an award booking that connected me to a LH F flight from FRA-BKK.
I have now had to book a flight from SVG-LGW then LHR-FRA to be able to make my FRA-BKK connection.
Anyone have any experience with SAS reimbursing alternative travel costs for award flights ?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by churnkey
So basically the pilots won't take anything less and SAS can't afford to give them that without risking bankruptcy. So this stalemate could go on until SAS is forced to file bankruptcy and then all the pilots lose their jobs or would have to take an even steeper paycut. It's extremely obvious that this is less to do with scheduling and more to do with salary increases. If scheduling was the most important thing to the pilots, this strike would be over. SAS would've already met that demand. So how in the world are they going to solve this strike? I feel like this could go on for months. It seems pretty much impossible at this point. I have a feeling this is going to end badly for the Pilots and their negotiator is going to be run out of town.
One thing is sure. The longer the strike goes on, the less margin is available for salary raises for everyone in the company. The pilot in Norway praising the norwegian pilots for flying the additional flights definitely doesn't help the pilots case.

Originally Posted by churnkey
Can't SAS bring in pilots from the outside to help minimize the damage?
On top of what CPU-Flyer has already written. The airline is responsible for validating the training of the pilots. This takes time.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by ozguytim
So I just received a text message from SAS saying my flight tomorrow has been cancelled and I can't be rebooked (1 May SVG-OSL).
It was an award booking that connected me to a LH F flight from FRA-BKK.
I have now had to book a flight from SVG-LGW then LHR-FRA to be able to make my FRA-BKK connection.
Anyone have any experience with SAS reimbursing alternative travel costs for award flights ?
Submit the whole cost, but be prepare they will only refund you EUR 300. This is what they stated days ago they will reimburse. Also if you have additional hotel cost etc. Claim it. You will probably get refunded for that too. But make sure you submit all documentation, incl. the old and new flight plat etc.

Also. Try contact SAS. They still might be able to rebook you. The automated rebooking is limited to a limited number of airlines and +-24 hours of scheduled departure.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:27 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 am

Has anyone had experience getting rebooked with award tickets? The wife and I have an award trip to Chicago in J on Thursday. I assume that they will simply rebook us into J on AC/LH like regular revenue pax, but would like some confirmation so I know what to expect going into tomorrow's round of cancellations...
Search for award in this tread. There were one who got rebooked.
JR67 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by neilah
A little update. SAS apparently rebooked me on LH with SAS stock numbers, voiding out my LH tickets. Unfortunately, at this hour, no one is awake. Bummer.
How voided out? It's normal the ownership of the ticket change when rebooking happens, but the ticket is still valid, and if you have to be rebooked later, the ownership will just change again.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:40 am

*DELETED*

too late
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also LH will be able to access the ticket as they are operating the flight....
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: SK-EBD
It is 9:05, and according to ExpertFlyer it is a CR9 operated by Aero Airlines (EE). I suppose it is a wet lease?
Strange. Aero Airlines ceased operations in 2008 and only operated ATRs, AFAIK.

90 seats will help nothing. Maybe a flight for SAS employees? The same flight number seems to have operated CPH-OSL and CPH-GOT in recent days.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:55 am

90 seats will help nothing. Maybe a flight for SAS employees? The same flight number seems to have operated CPH-OSL and CPH-GOT in recent days.
Ok, so probably not too late to comment on this, so here it comes - again

It was/is most certainly a CR9 operated by Nordica Regional Jet. My departure Monday morning to WAW was also departing A34 and there were like 4 CR9s operated by Nordica Regional Jet parked there while the City Jet CR9 usually either park the other A pier or even at D. (Unless parked remote stand, which means C gates...)

the flight numbers are messed up now anyway. When they canceled my fight Sunday evening they added another flight Monday morning as SK6271. Just to keep rotating the operating CR9s around I guess...

btw, is it just me or did CPH move most of the *A flights to the A gates (like A15-A17), even have quite a lot of SK departures from A now... which before they did the terminal extension where almost exclusively operating from the B-pier (and some odd D departure)
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Once you have LH's pnr you should be able to see the booking online, also when you got rebooked the ticket number remains the same. Happened to us back in February when we were rebooked on LH.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:12 am

In preparation for tomorrow's cancellation of my flight on Thursday, I tested the SAS phone banks to see if a rumor was correct, and it is - they have apparently taken away the option of entering your EB number for faster service. Is there a number that can bypass the queue? The "diamond service" number posted on the diamond page and in the app just sends you straight to the ordinary number, where I won't get any benefit of my status. Seems like a real DYKWIA thing to ask, but I really hate telephone queues...

Edit: Tried again 6 hours later and theoption to input EB number is back. Must have been a glitch this morning. :-)

Last edited by JR67; Apr 30, 2019 at 5:38 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:11 am

The IATA code EE was reused. It once belonged to Aero Airlines but now belongs to Nordica. Some websites have outdated lists of IATA codes and therefore display the name of an earlier airline which used the same IATA code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.