Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
7? That seems an awful lot compared to last a flew BA. I recall that as eat it or don't, which was a clear don't from LHR to VIE Luckily the QF gin bar had put me in a tolerant mood before the flight.
It’s super easy to request a special meal in advance with BA even for short haul thus opening the options significantly. It's advance selection but it's there and ready to find. I'm not sure what SAS does for advance meal requests anymore for short haul without having to call it in to find out if there is anything else at all.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AStarr
It’s super easy to request a special meal in advance with BA even for short haul thus opening the options significantly. It's advance selection but it's there and ready to find. I'm not sure what SAS does for advance meal requests anymore for short haul without having to call it in to find out if there is anything else at all.
Ahh if you count special meals, then of course different. I have zero actual experience with SK and special meals, as I have no dietary restrictions. Apart from my taste buds haha.

But for the European flights in Plus, I know there are special meals available Does BA still offer them in economy after introducing M&S for purchase?
AStarr likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Ahh if you count special meals, then of course different. I have zero actual experience with SK and special meals, as I have no dietary restrictions. Apart from my taste buds haha.

But for the European flights in Plus, I know there are special meals available Does BA still offer them in economy after introducing M&S for purchase?
I count it when they're easy to access but that might be me. On board l think there are often two options?

I have no clue what they do for economy. The BOB selection is pretty varied but didn't seem to cover Kosher/Halal, only dietary preferences.

How does one access special meals with SAS? I've never been able to figure out what they offer for short haul... and I've been inspired to find out
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AStarr
I

How does one access special meals with SAS? I've never been able to figure out what they offer for short haul... and I've been inspired to find out
I don't know. Since I don't need them I have never bothered looking in to them in detail.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I've ordered CHML and asked for egg and nut free SPML for my kids on on MUC-CPH/ARN which were delivered, but this was before the cubification.

This june someone beside me had prebooked a meal in SAS GO and got the cube. It cost him 9 or 10€
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:57 pm

Grateful for this thread. Now know to take food with me, which I don't ever bother to do but 18-odd hours in the air...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Main Event

Served with a selection of bread and Hokkaido butter

Starter

Mixed salad with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

Roasted Japanese beef slices with grilled leek, Shishito pepper and chive mayonnaise

Smoked sea bass with red radish, benitade sprout and yuzu and pepper cream

Main Course

Grilled Greenland halibut "Saikyo" style with steamed rice, komatsuna, taro root, carrot and ginger sauce

Grilled chicken breast with roasted potatoes, zucchini, red onion and olive and tomato sauce

Sautéed port fillet with turmeric rice, rutabaga, asparagus, onion and plus wine cream sauce

Casarecci pasta with Mediterranean vegetables, cherry tomatoes and Genovese basil cream sauce, served with Parmesan cheese

Cheese

Tokachino Gouda and Kuromatsunai blue with Dammann Frères tea marmalade

Dessert

Raspberry brownie with red currant sauce

Hokkaido milk ice cream from Tokachi

Seasonal fruit

Pre-landing

Starter

Marinated green tea noodles with wasabi soy dressing

Buffet

Chicken breast with Japanesse pepper and teriyaki sauce

Sautéed cod with zucchini allumette and Choron sauce

Yaki onigiri with perilla leaf

Green beans, turnips and sautéed shiitake mushrooms

Dessert

Seasonal fruit

Sweet potato cake

Mid-flight

Snack Bar

Stroll over to the snack bar between meals where a selection of tea and coffee, cold drinks, sandwiches, fresh fruit, sweets and snacks will be available for your enjoyment.
So this looks pretty decent, primarily because you're flying to Scandinavia so you don't have the awful SK catering.

However, I must ask, this doesn't look like enough food to fill a toddler, did you arrive hungry or have a lot of snacks?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
So this looks pretty decent, primarily because you're flying to Scandinavia so you don't have the awful SK catering.

However, I must ask, this doesn't look like enough food to fill a toddler, did you arrive hungry or have a lot of snacks?
It looks very much like the standard portion sizes for NRT-CPH, personally I am pretty full after going through the meals and rarely have much in between meals on this route. But I usually do have the cheese and the dessert for the main meal.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
ZRH-CPH:

It‘s a box!

That doesn‘t sound too bad!

It‘s actually really tasty!

Pretty good Y+ meal and a decent C meal imo. Would recommend!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Had the same box to LHR and back the other day. I agree, it was actually pretty good. And the FA brought the bread with plenty of paper so no need to place the bread directly on the tray.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:07 pm

Could someone confirm that snacks from the menu are also complimentary in SAS Plus along with the box meal?
Flying today from ATH - CPH - LHR.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Could someone confirm that snacks from the menu are also complimentary in SAS Plus along with the box meal?
Yes, in Plus you can ask for anything off the BoB menu for free.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:16 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Yes, flew CPH-GOT just yesterday and I took a lot of stuff and started to worry it was not free: It was.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:25 am

I have preordered a vegan meal and it was healthy and delicious, greek inspired.

Great first SAS trip. Probably the last one however as in the end my luggage did not make it to the final destination (yet)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus

Dry salted, smoked shoulder of lamb from Kvarnträsk with sorrel steamed root vegetables, picked red cabbage and a distilled vinegar mayonnaise. Served with bay leaf oats and a parsley emulsion
Not sure if we are supposed to know about Kvarnträsk.
This was from Zürich to Stockholm. I was quite hungry as the flight was terribly late but it was so bad that I couldn't eat any of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.