Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Holy cow. Four white wines to choose from at CPH Gold Lounge.
And the shelves are full....
Old May 17, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
And the shelves are full....
Indeed! All (more than 100 bottles) may have been put in at once, as they were not sufficient cold. That problem, though, is solved today, I guess...
Old May 17, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
When I walked by this fridge yesterday, I had to rewind a few steps, in order to check that this was not an optical illusion

Incidentally, We must have passed each other yesterday evening in the lounge.
Tango Alpha likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ksu
I buy Ringi at Vinmonopolet (Norwegian State liquor store). They are well-known for knowledgable staff and a good selection of wine (no irony!) and have to offer non-alcoholic alternatives. Up-market fruit juices are highly accepted alternatives to wine here.

This is the current selection.
https://www.vinmonopolet.no/search?q...chType=product

The sparkling, Eplefryd, is sold out, the small bottle called just Ringi Eple probably is the SAS variant (a blend). The red variant contains 20% Aronia juice (black chokeberry) probably to make it acceptable as an alternative to red wine. The other three are apple varietals. Personally I prefer the Gravenstein, a very Norwegian varietal of apple. All three are available at my local Vinmonopolet in Kristiansund, as well as apple juice from other producers.

And here is their homepage: Ringi AS - Våre produkter
Thanks! I think I've seen the Aroma on SAS? I'm not sure. I found one in here in Denmark that was actually close to it (but not quite). Now, to see if and which places they deliver and I live (got several mailing addresses so this should be fun!) I didn't know they made a red one! That's awesome. I get so tired of drinking alcohol on flights - never thought I'd say that but here we are - this stuff has seriously been a great change of pace.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Holy cow. Four white wines to choose from at CPH Gold Lounge.
I'm going to blame this on the overabundance of sunshine in Denmark. Weird things (happy weird things) keep happening.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:11 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by AStarr
Thanks! I think I've seen the Aroma on SAS? I'm not sure. I found one in here in Denmark that was actually close to it (but not quite). Now, to see if and which places they deliver and I live (got several mailing addresses so this should be fun!) I didn't know they made a red one! That's awesome. I get so tired of drinking alcohol on flights - never thought I'd say that but here we are - this stuff has seriously been a great change of pace.
There are other producers of high quality apple juice in Norway. Liereple is a brand available in supermarkets at a similar price level
royng and AStarr like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:39 am

Smile

Originally Posted by ksu
There are other producers of high quality apple juice in Norway. Liereple is a brand available in supermarkets at a similar price level
The only time I spend in Norway is sadly the mad dash for layovers or unfortunate hangovers after the CPH-Oslo boat... so... never really experienced any shopping there. I'll keep it in mind if I get a chance to actually spend some time there.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I was very impressed to find Mikkeller beers catered on my CPH-EWR flight. I slept almost all of it but I very much enjoyed my Northern Lights IPA before I went to sleep! ^
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Meal today on MUC OSL. who comes up with this complex crap? The raw kale and the seeds in the dressing overpowered everything. I gave up after 5 bites and ordered things from the menu. Ringi Apple juice and the smoothie saved the day.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Swedes... In their attempts to overpresent it and overdo the concept they completely forgot to create something edible.

Either that or it is a SK cost-savings strategy to discourage anyone from eating something other than potato chips and a soda.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It looks nice and fresh, though it reminds me of an episode of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares where he is screaming 'Who the F... told you all those flavours go well together?'
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It looks nice and fresh, though it reminds me of an episode of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares where he is screaming 'Who the F... told you all those flavours go well together?'
It was prawns and chocolate sauce
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Meal today on MUC OSL. who comes up with this complex crap? The raw kale and the seeds in the dressing overpowered everything. I gave up after 5 bites and ordered things from the menu. Ringi Apple juice and the smoothie saved the day.
This is actually one of my favourites... I generally skip the seed packets in all the Cubes. Some of the dressings are decent.

The flavour combinations make me wonder sometimes.
herwig likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeer0
It was prawns and chocolate sauce
He may have done it more than once, as I have never seen prawns and chocolate sauce mentioned. But on that topic, I did just pick up an instant yaki soba with chocolate sauce here in Japan. Have higher hopes for novelty value than flavour.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Actually, I think the photo looks yummy. De gustibus non est disputandum, apparently.
herwig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.