Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:38 am

At Gdańsk the other day sitting just near the reception desk/bar, I counted at least 10 [SAS] passengers trying to get in and who seemed totally lost (and not happy either) when the agent explained that they no longer have access and that this has been the case for months now...

G
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Now, at least, Rome is served again. On June 29th Star Alliance will open a common lounge at FCO. It is situated in area D and operated by Aviapartner.

In the same announcement it says that a Star Alliance lounge will open in Amsterdam in early 2019. I look forward to (also this) opening, as the current offer at AMS is lousy.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:11 am

Cracking news regarding Rome and very convenient indeed for SAS departures (pier D). That made my day.

G
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:41 pm

Dublin still has no lounge when SAS has up to 5 flights a day (2xCPH, 2xARN, 1xOSL)?!?!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by mylabel
Dublin still has no lounge when SAS has up to 5 flights a day (2xCPH, 2xARN, 1xOSL)?!?!
There are several other outstations with an even higher number of frequencies (GDN springs to mind), yet no lounge.

G
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Tennen
United's lounge at LHR is an exception - it's probably the best United Club in the UA system. As for the other *A lounges at LHR, LH is by far the worst.

Personally, I'd choose:
UA for its showers (and shower amenities )
AC/SQ for lack of crowds
SQ for its food
LH for convenience of the T2A flights only
AC has Guiness on Tap, if you're into that kind of thing...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by SidMeier
I have received information from my travel agent about discontinuation of quite a few lounges:

From 1 Jan 2017 these will be discontinued:
Lounges: BLL, DBV, DUB, NCE, NRT, RIX, SPU, VCE, VNO
Fasttrack DUB, MXP, LIN, FCO, VNO

From 1 Feb 2017 these will be discontinued:
Lounges: AAL, ABZ, AGP, ALC, BCN, BHX, BLQ, BUD, EDI, FCO, FAO, GDN, KEF, KRK, LED, LHR, LIN, LPA, LPI, MAN, MLA, NCL, OLB, OTP, PMI, PMO, POZ, PRG, PSA, TLL, TLV, VLC, WRO
Fasttrack: GVA, AGP

SAS Business, SAS Plus ir Eurobonus EBG+ lounges and fast tracks from 2017:

SAS and Star Alliance lounges:
ARN, CPH, OSL, GOT, CDG, HEL, ORD, EWR, AES, TOS, TRD, LLA, MMX
ATH, BRU, DUS, FRA, GVA, HAM, LHR, MUC, MXP, SKG, STR, TXL, WAW, VIE, ZRH

SAS Business HKG, NRT, PEK, SHA, BOS IAD, LAX, MIA ORD, SFO

Fasttrack: ARN, CPH, OSL, GOT, AAL, AES, BGO, BLL, BOO, SVG, TRD
HEL, ABZ, AMS, ATH, BCN, BHX, BLQ, BRE, BRU, CDG, DUS, FRA, GDN, HAJ, HAM, INN, KRK, LHR, MAN, MUC, NCL, PMI, POZ, PRG, RIX, SKG, STR, TLL, SZG, WAW, WRO, VCE, VIE, ZRH

SAS Business: LAX, MIA, BOS, IAD, EWR, ORD, SFO, NRT
Can someone clarify if AMS has lounge access for SK-pax. On the lounge finder on *A website it does appear, but is missing from the original Lounges and Fasttrack PDF from 2017.

TIA
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
A new *A lounge is due to open at AMS by the end of February, presumably SAS passengers will get access on the same basis as they do to any other *A lounge.

There's more about it in this thread: Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS
lhrpete and SK2751 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
What I don’t understand about this is the way SAS is acting. How is it possible that *A G (not EBG or D) are not given lounge access if under the *A system, it is not SAS but the FFP the one paying for their access to the lounge? I mean, when I fly SK in economy, TK is supposed to be paying for my lounge access due to my *A G card, ain’t I correct?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Peter1012
What I don’t understand about this is the way SAS is acting. How is it possible that *A G (not EBG or D) are not given lounge access if under the *A system, it is not SAS but the FFP the one paying for their access to the lounge? I mean, when I fly SK in economy, TK is supposed to be paying for my lounge access due to my *A G card, ain’t I correct?
If the airport has a *A Gold lounge you have access as SAS EBG/EBG or any other *G. The problem are the airports which used to have contract lounges like WRO since SAS cancelled the contract with those lounges, e.g. WRO. There neither SK*G nor *G have lounge access on SK flights. If you fly LH to WRO as SK*G you still have lounge access in the lounge there as LH pays access for *G customers on their flights - for now.
Peter1012 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:01 pm

It’s now been well over 2 years and, still, I often see people ‘arguing’ with the lounge agents over the access policy (it is nonetheless clear that a good number of passengers just plays the ‘dumb card’, hoping for a ‘lenient’ approach from the other side...). The other day at Gdańsk, sitting on one of the sofas next to reception and waiting for a LOT flight to Warsaw, I noticed a good number of passengers in their efforts to ‘persuade’ the agent (“...but I’m Gold with Aegean/Turkish, not with SAS, I’m therefore allowed access” or simply “How long has this new policy been in place for?”).

I genuinely hope that it will be revisited at some point in the near future, even just for the Diamond members (‘selling point’ i.e. “As a EuroBonus Diamond member, enjoy lounge access everywhere” or some marketing BS along the lines of that), it would make a massive difference in my humble opinion.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jun 13, 2019 at 12:07 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Peter1012
Yes, in case of *G lounges. AFAIK in case of contract lounges, it is the airline that pays. For the same reason TP went last month the same way SK did and cut lounge access.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Operating carrier pays for the contract lounge access used by its premium passengers — partner airline *G in economy class or otherwise.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: EBG
TBH SAS has a terrible way to communicate. I am flying to Alicante in Spain. I am damn sure that I will not be able to access the lounge as its a contract but I had a look on SAS web page about accessing the lounges. It just directs me to the Star alliance "lounge finder" which says a contract lounge is avaliable there. I looked up the terms to enter and as far as I can tell I should be able to get in. But, I know SAS enough now to guess that this is going to be a huge disappointment even if they say it might not be.

Terms to enter Alicante lounge...

Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class of travel

As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling in any class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight, you have access to any member airline lounge at the airport where your flight departs, if the following conditions are met:
  • You present your boarding pass of a Star Alliance member airline operated flight which departs at the same day as your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.
  • If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need to also show your valid Star Alliance Gold card.
  • The lounge displays the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight, not when departing on a domestic flight with United.
Links that I used.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder (type in Alicante)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by nussle
Terms to enter Alicante lounge...Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class of travel

As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling in any class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight, you have access to any member airline lounge at the airport where your flight departs, if the following conditions are met:
  • You present your boarding pass of a Star Alliance member airline operated flight which departs at the same day as your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.
  • If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need to also show your valid Star Alliance Gold card.
  • The lounge displays the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight, not when departing on a domestic flight with United.

Links that I used.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder (type in Alicante)
What you have quoted here applies to *A member lounges. A contract lounge is not a *A member lounge. A *A member lounge is a lounge which is operated by one of the *A members and only grant access to that airlines pax's + the *A granted access. It's an important detail to be aware of.
GUWonder and SK2751 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.