Last edit by: Boraxo
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Generally highest rated by FTers
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Quick & easy access from 101 freeway
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • More expensive than other off-airport options, especially if no coupon
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.
  • Poor ratings (see yelp)
Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Easy access dropoff, not so easy to get back on freeway (S-101)
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Poor shuttle service for SFO arrivals at busy weekend/holidays (30-45min wait)
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:12 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I looked at booking history for an example:

Base: $113.70
Tax: $18.19

Then a $37.90 coupon for a total of $93.99.

But the tax was on the base $113.70.

Cheers.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
$25 a day for the A or G garage is a fantastic deal, since you're on airport. Those garages are typically $36/day.
Agreed, makes sense for 1-3 days trips where you don't want to waste time on a shuttle or that awful slow airtrain. For 1 week trips I am happy to save $$ with off-airport parking.

Originally Posted by econ
LTP at $15/day is below average in last year or so.
Agreed, but as Kacee notes the airtrain is absurdly slow (I timed at 25m door-to-door to UA terminal, which was the farthest) where I find the ParkSFO and Anza shuttle vans are always quick, at least for dropoff.
SPN Lifer and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Agreed, but as Kacee notes the airtrain is absurdly slow (I timed at 25m door-to-door to UA terminal, which was the farthest)
No disagreement there. I've mentioned before on this thread that I really miss the buses they used to run out to LTP. In fact, I kind of wish they didn't bother to extend the AirTrain all the way out there.

And I'll raise you the journey from the AA gates in T1 back to LTP, especially factoring in the walk out of T1. I timed it a few weeks ago and it took 28 minutes from exiting the aircraft to stepping off the AirTrain at the LTP station (no checked luggage, brisk walking pace straight to the Intl A station).
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I just booked a reservation today for 9 days. Total base rate is $170.55 (prior to discount) or $18.95/day. Not sure if the fees are all percentage or by day or flat in some instances. Fees listed are $13.64 for city parking tax (equals 8% of base rate), airport access fee (8.53, or 5%) and 3.41 ‘fuel surcharge, which I assume is for shuttle (seems to equal 2%, but if this is to cover fuel for bus to/from airport, seems it would make sense if it was flat rate, but who knows?). I suspect the airport access fee is same everywhere and taxes are probably different somewhat based on location of the lot (Burlingame vs. Milbrae vs. San Bruno).
Yes, ParkSFO used to charge a total of 15% taxes on base (pre-discount) rate (as also noted in posts from a few years ago), but with the "fuel surcharge," it's now a bit higher.

ETA: Just re-read this and realized that it doesn't quite make sense. It seems the taxes total only 13% now, plus fuel surcharge, as opposed to 15%?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Mar 8, 2024 at 3:40 pm
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Agreed, but as Kacee notes the airtrain is absurdly slow (I timed at 25m door-to-door to UA terminal, which was the farthest)
You can normally reduce this by a few minutes by getting off at the Hyatt and crossing over to the other line, but it's down to luck of the timing between the two trains. If nothing else, keep an eye out as you're coming into the Hyatt stop, and if you see a train coming the other way it's definitely worth crossing over.

Depending on where you're headed in T3, getting off at Intl A and walking can also be a good option. Even if it's not quicker it gets some steps in for the day
SamirD and freeagent like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by docbert
Depending on where you're headed in T3, getting off at Intl A and walking can also be a good option. Even if it's not quicker it gets some steps in for the day
I do this almost every time I fly out of T3. Not only for the steps, but also that I just really want to get off the slow train by that point. I think the only time I stay on is if I'm flying out of T2, since even getting to T1 is quicker exiting the Intl A station.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:48 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do this almost every time I fly out of T3. Not only for the steps, but also that I just really want to get off the slow train by that point. I think the only time I stay on is if I'm flying out of T2, since even getting to T1 is quicker exiting the Intl A station.
We also do this when we use ParkSFO. It flying out of T3, we get of at the single International terminal stop and walk to T3 rather than waiting for the bus to go through T1 and T2 first. We're usually flying AS or AA, so T2 & T1 primarily. Occasional UA.

Cheers.
SamirD and econ like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
A Tale of 2 Lots:

Last month we used ParkSFO for a few nights. Upon return the Park SFO shuttle was at the curb within 5 minutes even on a busy Sunday night.

Last week we used Anza for a one-week trip. Upon return Saturday night (International Terminal) there were NO Anza shuttles for 35 minutes. During that time we saw 4 Park SFO shuttles. Not fun waiting in the cold with the designated stop adjacent to the smoking area. Of course by that point Anza did not have room for everyone so a few patrons were forced to wait even longer. Looking at the recent reviews it appears this is par for the course since Anza apparently reduced the number of shuttles.

Of course this is not the first time we have seen this problem with Anza. As they say fool me once, the jokes on you. Fool me twice, the jokes on me. Well now it's been 3x so I guess I am the fool. But NO MAS ANZA for me, no matter how low the price.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are 100% ParkSFO. Shuttle frequency is part of the reason why.

cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by brp
We are 100% ParkSFO. Shuttle frequency is part of the reason why.
Thinking of using ParkSFO more in the future due to the long transit time between LTP and terminals.

What's the cancellation policy at ParkSFO? Can you cancel a reservation up to a few hours before and get a full refund? Also, is there any grace period like the effective 6 hr one at LTP? Couldn't find anything about this on their website.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:37 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thinking of using ParkSFO more in the future due to the long transit time between LTP and terminals.

What's the cancellation policy at ParkSFO? Can you cancel a reservation up to a few hours before and get a full refund? Also, is there any grace period like the effective 6 hr one at LTP? Couldn't find anything about this on their website.
There is no pre-payment, and reservations are not necessary. We made one once, just because, and never since. With the new building, they have plenty of space.

Get the app as it makes checking in and out easy (no ticket) as well as paying and applying coupons.

Cheerd.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brp
There is no pre-payment, and reservations are not necessary. We made one once, just because, and never since. With the new building, they have plenty of space.

Get the app as it makes checking in and out easy (no ticket) as well as paying and applying coupons.

Cheerd.
I don’t know about the ‘reservations not necessary’ part - at peak times, I’m almost always asked whether I have a reservation (though to be honest, never really been asked for proof). I’d also say it can still be tough to find a spot, even with the newer side, at peak times. Biggest pet peave is the green/red lights are often inaccurate, I’ll go down an aisle following the green lights and often find the spot full despite the green light.

I also second the shuttle frequency as a good reason to use ParkSFO vs. Anza. Had a horrible experience with the Anza shuttle our first trip we went there, and so that was the last time we used Anza. That’s an even bigger reason not to use Anza besides the abysmal state of the lot itself - at least the area I was in.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Re: ParkSFO, just saw this popup on their website:

Effective Monday April 15th, 2024, our daily rate for self-parking will increase to $19.95/day+tax. Our valet-parking rate for club members will increase to $20.95/day+tax. Valet parking for non club members rate will increase to $26.95/day+tax.

We appreciate your understanding and continued support.

-ParkSFO Management
(Note that club membership costs $100/year.)

For comparison, current prices are listed as follows:

Self-Park (Daily)
Indoor $18.95/day+tax
Outdoor $18.95/day+tax

Valet Parking (Daily)
Indoor Valet $25.95/day+tax

Roof Parking (Daily)
$18.95/day+tax
An increase, but not a huge one -- $1 + tax per day for most people.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Apr 10, 2024 at 1:57 am
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I don’t know about the ‘reservations not necessary’ part - at peak times, I’m almost always asked whether I have a reservation (though to be honest, never really been asked for proof).
It was less frequent for me, but they definitely ask about reservations at peak times. I was on occasion asked to show my boarding pass to the guy standing at the gate, I'm guessing they have an issue with non-travelers parking in the lot.
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
An increase, but not a huge one -- $1 + tax per day for most people.
It's all about the discounts here!
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Great data points on Anza/Park SFO. I pass by both fairly regularly, but there's also a lot across from Anza affiliated with the HIlton--how is the experience there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.